{OT} Antidepressant Issues

Old March 12th 05, 01:11 AM
CatNipped

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
news:IZqYd.120223$tl3.31930@attbi_s02...
Woe, *after* reading all you guys (& gals) probs with Effexor, THIS story
shows up on the news:

http://www.theindychannel.com/health...14/detail.html

Yep, the article say it takes 6 weeks to 8 months to come off of it - and
you can probably bet on the high end of that range. The problem is, if you
lose your insurance like I did, *and* your job (which is usually the reason
you're losing your insurance), then it's not likely that you can afford the
$600.00 a month for the prescription. And believe me, you *DON'T* want to
just quit taking them cold turkey - I went through torture for months and
still sometimes feel the effects of it a year later. I truly believe this
drug needs to be taken off the market for new prescriptions. There's
already a class action law suit against the company, brought by the
*THOUSANDS* of people you have had their lives nearly destroyed by this
drug, there have been even more *THOUSANDS* of complaints to the FDA about
this drug, yet Wyeth Pharmaceuticals is still making *BILLIONS* of dollars
selling it!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 12th 05, 04:31 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Howard Berkowitz had some very interesting things
to say about {OT} Antidepressant Issues:

Again, no drug is completely safe, although this is one of the good
ones. Any antidepressant can have sexual side effects. Welbutrin/Zyban
(same drug) is especially safe in cardiac patients, but needs to be used
in caution with anyone with a history of seizures.

On one e-mail list I used to be on, a male participant commented that
his wife's antidepressant rather increased her drive. He wasn't
complaining. :-)