Fountain deterrant--Any suggestions?

Old May 2nd 06, 05:36 PM posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc

Default Fountain deterrant--Any suggestions?

"oldhickory" wrote in message

Help! We have a couple of fountains that we want to put back out
in our home but can't figure out a way to keep the cat from drinking
out of them.

I was given one of those little fountains, but Holly is greatly attracted
to moving water -- not just to drink but also to play. It isn't worth
taking risks with her health. I keep mine set up without any water.

Yeah! That's right! Me too! I, too, have a fountain - beautiful thing it is;
marble, lovely display or so the brochure pictures said, cost me a fortune -
but I won't have it working just in case it poisons my cats.

Then there's my swimming pool. Empty, and it'll stay that way. Can't have my
cat accidentally falling into it and drowning.

I also refuse to have an electrical supply running into the house, in case
my kittie sticks her paws into the outlets and gets electrocuted. Sure, it
makes life very uncomfortable, and it's Hell living without a fridge, TV,
music, heating, and lights, and my two kids were taken into care for
"neglect", but no matter. The cat is all that's important.

No, it's not as pleasant to look at, but the alternative (possibly a
sick cat) makes it well worth doing without the pleasantry of a
working fountain.

Absolutely. Sure, when folks come round and point out to you that, surely,
it's pointless having a fountain if there's no water in it, and they think
you're a few cards short of the deck when you say it's because of the cat;
well, that may cause problems with your social standing, and make you think
that people consider you peculiar. "**** 'em", I always say.

Likewise, I no longer keep real plants indoors -- same reaon.
I have lots of plants outdoor, but not inside.

Well done. Real plants indoors? Psshhooh! OK, so real plants turn a house
into a home. They can fill a room with pleasant odours, life, energy, and
beauty. Sure, the communion between plants, the house, and humans is a holy,
beautiful thing. But **** them. Plastic ones are good enough for us, Mary.
It's for the cats!!!!!

There are certain "trade offs" that come with pets, and the great pleasure
I get from my furry twosome makes all of those decisions very easy to

make.

I couldn't agree with you less, Mary.

Say - have you ever considered purchasing some form of battery-operated,
vibrating sex-aid? You should. It would do you the world of good, you know.

Old May 4th 06, 11:24 PM posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc

"Will-Lee-Cue" wrote in message
Dumb animals tend to die sooner than smart ones.
Nature made that rule to ensure survival of the species.
Humans support the weak ones and encourage them to multiply.
Humans are so much smarter than nature!

Willee

I guess that's why there are so many f*cking stupid human animals around.

Dave

Old May 5th 06, 12:54 AM posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc

"David G Fisher" wrote in message

"Will-Lee-Cue" wrote in message

Dumb animals tend to die sooner than smart ones.
Nature made that rule to ensure survival of the species.
Humans support the weak ones and encourage them to multiply.
Humans are so much smarter than nature!

I guess that's why there are so many f*cking stupid human animals around.

Yes. They're called cat-owners.

================
Cat-show Special :
http://tinyurl.com/kwsqx
================

Old May 6th 06, 10:44 PM posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc

Default Fountain deterrant--Any suggestions? You guys are total jerks.

To others who responded with constructive suggestions, thank you very much.

To these guys, for pointing out what a worthless person I am, gosh, thanks
for being so helpful.

Since I'm so fricken worthless, I guess I'll stop trying to find a solution
to my dilemma and I'll

1. Put the fountain back out and let the cats drink out of it and get sick.
2. Get rid of the fountain that I love having for mental health reasons
3. Get rid of the cats.

There is obviously no point in trying to be intelligent or resourceful about
anything ever again.....

sheesh......why do I bother communicating?

Old May 7th 06, 04:31 AM posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc

"oldhickory" whined like a ****HEAD
in message

To others who responded with constructive suggestions, thank you very
much.

To these guys, for pointing out what a worthless person I am, gosh, thanks
for being so helpful.

Since I'm so fricken worthless, I guess I'll stop trying to find a
solution to my dilemma and I'll

1. Put the fountain back out and let the cats drink out of it and get

sick.
2. Get rid of the fountain that I love having for mental health reasons
3. Get rid of the cats.

There is obviously no point in trying to be intelligent or resourceful
about anything ever again.....

sheesh......why do I bother communicating?

You shouldn't bother.

We hate you. We think you are CRUEL TO CATS, and very, very stupid. We're
also not surprised you have mental health problems, you retard.

If you ever come back to this group again, we'll hunt you down. All us
regulars have been in touch concerning you, and we mean it, you ****.

LEAVE OUR GROUP ALONE, you cruel, cat-hating *******. Go rot in Hell.

-- This Petition digitally signed by --

Yojimbo
Barb P
Barnabas Collins
Matthew AKA NMR
Grampa Walton
Magic Mood Jeep©
Barlyn via CatKB.com
Anna via CatKB.com
mlbriggs
Foundryrat
MaryL
lastcatstanding

Old May 7th 06, 07:31 AM posted to alt.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc

oldhickory wrote:
Help! We have a couple of fountains that we want to put back out in our
home but can't figure out a way to keep the cat from drinking out of them.

snip

Add distilled water to the sterilized fountain (and rocks) and install
a carbon filter in the fountain - it should have a filter already in it
which needs to be cleaned and replaced monthly at least. If it has no
filter, you are pretty much sunk - you will have to ditch the
fountains.

You can sterilize the fountain by running a 10% bleach solution through
it for 10 minutes, and then rinse it well with distilled water. Remove
all the rocks and treat them separately. Dry all parts with paper
towles and let them sit for 48 hours to liberate any chlorine that
might be left.

-L.

Old May 9th 06, 03:12 AM posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc

"oldhickory" wrote

sheesh......why do I bother communicating?

Communicating involves listening and considering ideas outside your own.
If you start off with a closed mind then no communication is possible.
You asked for opinions and opinions you got ... take them for what they are
worth.

I hope you resolve your problems with your cat to your complete
satisfaction.

Willee

Old May 12th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

"Decent Cat Person, Unlike YOU!" wrote in message
news:u4qxqv4rijj6h2n.070520060431@DOWN_WITH_OLDHIC KORY!...

[...]

One word...
HA-LAR-I-OUS!
Can I sign? Can I sign?

Old December 5th 06, 03:49 PM posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
OdorDestroyer.com

Buffy's family,

This is a shameless plug for my company, but have you considered an
electronic cat repellent? We carry one for just under $30 that is
completely inaudible to humans. It is called a CatScram and operates
off a 9v battery or optional AC adapter.

Here's the description: The CatScram cat repellent is easy to use. Just
turn it on and place it so it faces the area you want to be cat free.
CatScram watches around the clock so you won't come home to find any
more yakballs on your stove or cat urine marking on your expensive couch.

And the link:
http://www.odordestroyer.com/Merchan...ct_Code=CSCRAM

Hope that helps,
Philip

http://www.OdorDestroyer.com
Powerful pet odor removers for powerful pet odors.