Hi from Romeo in Japan

Old April 25th 06, 08:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Hi from Romeo in Japan

Hi folks,

I have found a new Meowmie so I thought I'd say "yoroshiku (nice to
meet you)" to this group. My new Meowmie speaks some funny language,
not like Japanese at all, but she speaks softly to me and I listen.
Every time I call for food, she looks happy and says something that
sounds like, "Hairomeo". I think that's my name. When she lets the
other cats out she says "Baijona" or "Baiemma" or "Baicherry". Why do
I start with "Hai" and all the others with "Bai?" Maybe because I'm a
male?

I'm training Meowmie and the child in the house to respond to my
"Where's food?" call. They are getting pretty good at it. Meowmie
even understands my "That wasn't quite enough, can I have more?" call.
She speaks some cat. She squishes her eyes shut at me to show me she's
happy I'm here, and I stretch and yaaaaaawn to show her I'm not scared.
Child calls attention to me by saying, "Mooommmm,
theresromeoheshungry". Guess she doesn't know my name yet.

But I won't let her touch me. Not yet. I see her turn some of those
other cats upside down and hold them just like they were hoomin babies!
And they like it! I think I'll stay out of arm's reach.

For a while.

My tummy is happy because it gets enough food now. And I like the wall
of my new house. Maybe someday...no, never mind.

"Niau" and "Gorogoro" from the Tokyo Newcat
(that's Meow and Purr from Romeo-- typist, editor and translator
Cantate)

Old April 25th 06, 09:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cantate wrote:

My tummy is happy because it gets enough food now. And I like the wall
of my new house. Maybe someday...no, never mind.

Yay! Congrats on your new home, Romeo! Excuse me, I mean Hairomeo.

"Niau" and "Gorogoro" from the Tokyo Newcat
(that's Meow and Purr from Romeo-- typist, editor and translator
Cantate)

I love the words for purr in other languages. Gorogoro - that could
possibly sound like a purr to someone's ears. The Spanish word is
"ronronear" - now THAT really does sound like a purr!

Joyce
Old April 25th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 25 Apr 2006 00:47:46 -0700, "Cantate" yodeled:

[...]

Hi Romeo. Welcome to the group.
Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 25th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-25, Cantate penned:
Hi folks,

I have found a new Meowmie so I thought I'd say "yoroshiku (nice to
meet you)" to this group. My new Meowmie speaks some funny
language, not like Japanese at all, but she speaks softly to me and
I listen. Every time I call for food, she looks happy and says
something that sounds like, "Hairomeo". I think that's my name.
When she lets the other cats out she says "Baijona" or "Baiemma" or
"Baicherry". Why do I start with "Hai" and all the others with
"Bai?" Maybe because I'm a male?

Congrats on finding a new Meowmie!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 25th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hi Romeo in Japan! Welcome to the group.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

ups.com...

Old April 25th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Konnichi wa, Romeo! Congratulations on finding a new home and a new
Meowmie. You're a lucky cat!

Melissa

Old April 25th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hi Romeo, and welcome to the group!

--
Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
Catpage: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

"Cantate"wrote ...

Old April 26th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Welcome to the group.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

Old April 26th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cantate wrote:

Hi folks,

I have found a new Meowmie so I thought I'd say "yoroshiku (nice to
meet you)" to this group. My new Meowmie speaks some funny language,
not like Japanese at all, but she speaks softly to me and I listen.
Every time I call for food, she looks happy and says something that
sounds like, "Hairomeo". I think that's my name. When she lets the
other cats out she says "Baijona" or "Baiemma" or "Baicherry". Why do
I start with "Hai" and all the others with "Bai?" Maybe because I'm a
male?

I'm training Meowmie and the child in the house to respond to my
"Where's food?" call. They are getting pretty good at it. Meowmie
even understands my "That wasn't quite enough, can I have more?" call.

snip
"Niau" and "Gorogoro" from the Tokyo Newcat
(that's Meow and Purr from Romeo-- typist, editor and translator
Cantate)

Hi, Romeo, and welcome to the group. I think you will like it here.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

In Loving Memory of Romeo Flippy Cat anecdotes 9 February 28th 06 03:41 AM
Romeo has gone. Flippy Cat anecdotes 50 February 22nd 06 12:15 AM
Romeo has gone. Yowie Cat anecdotes 0 February 14th 06 10:54 PM
Requesting Purrs for my Romeo, please. Flippy Cat anecdotes 29 February 14th 06 03:29 AM
Requesting Purrs for Romeo, Please. Flippy Cat anecdotes 46 October 9th 03 01:57 PM