Extra Cuddly

Old September 24th 04, 02:59 PM
jmcquown

Default Extra Cuddly

Since Persia settled down (after letting me properly know she was ****ed off
at my leaving her in that smelly place for 7 days), she's become extra
cuddly. Clingy, even. Last night I was awakened several times with my side
being kneaded (maybe she wanted me to get up and make bread or something).
My lips have been kissed, my chin licked and gently nipped and she won't let
me leave the room without following. Last night I took a bath and she sat
on the edge of the tub and chattered at me even more than usual.

Normally she only wants in my lap when I'm reading this group every once in
a while. Now she's not even politely tapping me to ask for an invitation
(which she knows I'll grant); she's just jumping up and curling up in my
lap.

I think she senses I'm going to send her to that smelly place again in a
mere 12 days.

I need to make sure I've got the suitcase completely re-packed well before
then so it doesn't disturb her. The problem with that is, the seasons are
changing and I have no idea if I'll need clothes for warm weather or cooler
weather. We'll be in Highland, Illinois 10/6-10/12. It's not far from St.
Louis. If anyone lives in the area and has any seasonal packing
suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying Persia's extra playfulness (aka the USPS "box" and
snuggles!

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old September 24th 04, 03:23 PM
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote in message
We'll be in Highland, Illinois 10/6-10/12.

It won't be a lot different from Memphis. Maybe a few degrees cooler is all.

Poor Persia. You need a live-in catsitter.

Old September 24th 04, 03:23 PM
Pat

Old September 24th 04, 03:23 PM
Pat

Old September 24th 04, 03:37 PM
jmcquown

Pat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
We'll be in Highland, Illinois 10/6-10/12.

It won't be a lot different from Memphis. Maybe a few degrees cooler
is all.

Poor Persia. You need a live-in catsitter.

Thanks, Pat. I don't know anyone I'd trust with a key, let alone live-in
for a week. The vet staff takes good care of her, she just gets
understandably upset.

I had a bad experience with one of my brothers a number of years back. I
was going to be away for a couple of weekends (not a full week) in a row on
business. All he needed to do was walk my little old dog Saturday evening
and Sunday morning and make sure he had fresh food and water. I came home
to find he hadn't done a damn thing. The dog had his legs crossed and no
food. And I was *paying* him. Wound up not paying him, of course. Gotta
love some family.

I'll pack lightly but put a sweater in the suitcase just in case.

Jill

Old September 24th 04, 07:34 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:37:56 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Pat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
We'll be in Highland, Illinois 10/6-10/12.

It won't be a lot different from Memphis. Maybe a few degrees cooler
is all.

Poor Persia. You need a live-in catsitter.

Thanks, Pat. I don't know anyone I'd trust with a key, let alone live-in
for a week. The vet staff takes good care of her, she just gets
understandably upset.

I had a bad experience with one of my brothers a number of years back. I
was going to be away for a couple of weekends (not a full week) in a row on
business. All he needed to do was walk my little old dog Saturday evening
and Sunday morning and make sure he had fresh food and water. I came home
to find he hadn't done a damn thing. The dog had his legs crossed and no
food. And I was *paying* him. Wound up not paying him, of course. Gotta
love some family.

Man, don't you love it when twerps are *related* to you!?

Theresa