It is spring here

Old March 24th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default It is spring here

I can tell when spring finally rolls around and slaps us in the butt. My
allergies go ballistic as do the cats. So far today, we have had three cat
arguments, most of them Merlin picking on Tanada. My grouchy old girl is no
longer interested in fighting for her rightful leadership role. She can
still whop a bad kitten, as Hermione has found out, to her dismay.

Hermione has discovered mentors. In her case, QC and Pine Cone. QC is
teaching her to act cute and Pine Cone has been teaching her the kamikaze
method of human and cat control. No tails, feet, hands, paws, clothing,
backs, or property is safe. She is still teething, but generally stops
when I bellow out "OW!!!" at the top of my lungs and follow up with a hiss.
The squirt bottle is used to stop her from scratching at furniture or other
undesired places. She adores her mousies, but QC keeps biting the tails off
of them, making them only half as fun. She also loves her tinkle balls,
foil balls, and any other item she can play with. Chasing Qui Gun Kit is
always fun and Hermione has tried to chase the dog. Speedy outweighs her by
at least 50 pounds and thinks that she is crazy but harmless. Wait until
she grows up a little more. She tried to unroll the toilet paper in our
bathroom, but didn't have enough weight to make the roller go around.

A few days ago, Mandy Lynn put her glasses on the dining room table, got
asked to help Mike with something and found Merlin sitting on them when she
came back. Needless to say, fat butt broke them. Her mom is still in
hospital, but her dad yelled at her for being "irresponsible" and leaving
them where one of the animals could get them. Our big question, is Merlin
an act of God, a force of nature, or an accident waiting to happen. We will
be paying for an optometrist visit and a new pair of glasses. Her parents
my or may not reimburse us. Whatever, Merlin is our responsibility. I will
find it interesting when Mandy Lynn has to tell the optometrist what
happened.

Pine Cone is getting that look in his eyes again, and I have been putting
off sending out his annual call to pirate crew. He wants to set sail on
April 2 as Rob has a chemo appointment on the first. I expect him to be
inspecting the ship this weekend.

The rest of the clowder is feeling their cheeriotes and spending plenty of
time outside in the kitty gaol. QC showed Hermione how to go in and out of
it and now Hermione is spending time in the out too.

Pam S.

Old March 24th 09, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

A few days ago, Mandy Lynn put her glasses on the dining room table,
got asked to help Mike with something and found Merlin sitting on
them when she came back. Needless to say, fat butt broke them. Her
mom is still in hospital, but her dad yelled at her for being
"irresponsible" and leaving them where one of the animals could get
them. Our big question, is Merlin an act of God, a force of nature,
or an accident waiting to happen. We will be paying for an
optometrist visit and a new pair of glasses. Her parents my or may
not reimburse us. Whatever, Merlin is our responsibility. I will
find it interesting when Mandy Lynn has to tell the optometrist what
happened.

Tell Mandy Lynn for me that sometimes stuff just happens. Why is
irrelevant. The day Charlie and I were married, I was carrying one of
those 'envelope' type purses, Think 1967 styles. Immediately after
the ceremony, my big brother gave me a big hug. The purse was in
between us, and my glasses were in the purse. I felt the 'crunch' and
my glasses were toast. Brother and the rest of the family other than
Charlie never knew that it happened.

Funny thing is, because of the glasses breaking, I still remember that
hug so vividly. That is worth all the glasses in the world and then
some.

Jo

Old March 24th 09, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Jofirey" wrote in message

Tell Mandy Lynn for me that sometimes stuff just happens. Why is
irrelevant. The day Charlie and I were married, I was carrying one of
those 'envelope' type purses, Think 1967 styles. Immediately after the
ceremony, my big brother gave me a big hug. The purse was in between us,
and my glasses were in the purse. I felt the 'crunch' and my glasses were
toast. Brother and the rest of the family other than Charlie never knew
that it happened.

Funny thing is, because of the glasses breaking, I still remember that hug
so vividly. That is worth all the glasses in the world and then some.

Jo

Mandy Lynn totally understands and, if it weren't for the expense would have
found the whole thing hilarious. Her dad, however, may take out a contract
on Merlin.

Pam S.

Old March 24th 09, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tanadashoes wrote:
I can tell when spring finally rolls around and slaps us in the butt.

jealous It snowed again last night. I'm so tired of the white stuff!

My
allergies go ballistic

Ok, not jealous about that. Purrs!

snippage

A few days ago, Mandy Lynn put her glasses on the dining room table, got
asked to help Mike with something and found Merlin sitting on them when she
came back. Needless to say, fat butt broke them. Her mom is still in
hospital, but her dad yelled at her for being "irresponsible" and leaving
them where one of the animals could get them. Our big question, is Merlin
an act of God, a force of nature, or an accident waiting to happen. We will
be paying for an optometrist visit and a new pair of glasses. Her parents
my or may not reimburse us. Whatever, Merlin is our responsibility. I will
find it interesting when Mandy Lynn has to tell the optometrist what
happened.

More than once, I've had to tell my optician that the cats dropped my
glasses on the floor during the night and I stepped on them (the
glasses, not the cats) in the morning. Luckily, I haven't broken a pair
of glasses yet, just bent them out of shape.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 24th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

[...]

Dante knows too, although it is (ahem) 28F here this morning. And the feral
(still unapproachable) knows too, although *he's* out in the cold. He has a
chair to sleep in now, and he's just sitting in a sunbeam, soaking it up.

Despite the still-cold weather, the crocuses are coming up, and trees are
budding.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old March 24th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Kreisleriana wrote:

[...]

Winter has returned to the Rockies. After a few short days of
springlike weather, we had quite a lot of snow -- 22 inches at Alta (ski
resort). Another storm predicted for tomorrow -- tulips are about six
inches high. MLB