Best wet food for keeping cystitis away?

Old September 15th 03, 01:54 AM
Phil P.

"Brian or Sharon Beuchaw" wrote in message
Phil P. wrote:

Just be sure you consult your vet before following any medical advice

you
obtain on the internet. These newsgroups should not be used as a
replacement for professional veterinary care.

Nope, never plan to do that - I use the net as a supplement to
professional advice, not as a replacement.

I didn't think you would, your post was written too intelligently. My
advice was more a of a general warning because some people do use newsgroup
information in place of a vet.

Also be wary of extremists and fanatics with agendas.

As I've seen. :-)

I thought it was very inappropriate for the fanatics to take advantage of
your situation to further their agenda. But that's their thing. I'm glad
you gleaned some useful information before it was lost in the onslaught -
which is usually what happens to pertinent information.

[good info snipped]

Yep, this was pretty much what I read that convinced me to try the switch.

Canned food is better than dry for all cats, especially males and cats
predisposed to IC.

I wholeheartedly recommend a high quality canned food that's compounded

from
a fixed formula, such as Science Diet. "Fixed formula" means that the
proportion and quality of the ingredients don't fluctuate with the

market
prices of the ingredients. So there's little, if any, variation in the

food
from batch to batch

We were probably going to go w/Science Diet or something similar,

From a nutritional standpoint, Science Diet is one of the best, if the best,
formulated diets on the market. For an excellent guide to help you choose a
diet with the optimum nutrient levels, please see: Key Nutritional Factors

http://www.maxshouse.com/Clinical_Nu...actors.htm#Key
nutritional factors for adult cats at maintenance

but I
didn't know that about "fixed formula" - I'll be sure to watch for it.

Manufacturers generally don't state on their labels, brochures or websites
whether they use fixed formulas or "least cost formulation" to compound
their diets. You may have to contact the manufactures directly. If you
do contact manufacturers, do it by email or snail mail rather than by
telephone since most manufacturers are reluctant to give false information
in writing.

One last suggestion. You might want to speak to your vet about a
glycosaminoglycan (GAG) supplement (glucosamine/chondroitin).

We'll definitely talk to him about it - thanks very much for the
suggestion and info!

Your quite welcome. I hope it helps.

Keep us posted.

Best of luck.

Phil.

Old September 15th 03, 02:07 AM
GAUBSTER2

Every product of
theirs I've boughten has that same statement. If did trials on a
different formulation, say their senior vs. their regular, they wouldn't
be able to put the above statement on the bag.

??

I am not feeding my cats
*kitten* food. I'm feeding them *cat* food.

If you are feeding a cat food that says "all life stages" you are in essence
feeding a kitten formulation. What's so hard to understand about that? That
is a fact. You don't have to believe it, but it is the truth.

If you choose not to feed
your cats Wellness, that's fine by me. But don't denigrate a product you
know nothing about. End of story.

From the sounds of things, I know more about them than you do.

No, they don't. Check their website, Einstein. They keep their lists
very up to date.

From: "Karen M."

Perhaps some proof would be in order here.