I captured the Tomcat

Old May 26th 05, 08:33 PM
Philip

Wendy wrote:
"Philip" wrote in message
link.net...
Wendy wrote:
"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
There is a tomcat who was fighting my Cinder every time I let her
into our backyard. The group consensus was to trap the tomcat and
have him neutered.

Here's the story to date. Read the diary.
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=140147

I'm aware of the cat overpopulation problem but I still feel guilty
about this. I feel really bad. If he has an owner, the owner will
have 4 days to reclaim him before the neutering. All he has to do
is phone the Humane Society. But somehow I feel guilty about this.
I don't own the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.

And I hope the owner doesn't get there before he's snipped if at
all. This cat should have been neutered a long time ago. He'll be
happier and safer now without his cajones.

Angry women always say that ...

The only thing I'm angry about it the number of unwanted cats and
kittens out there.

Is that the cats' fault?

Old May 26th 05, 10:07 PM

But somehow I feel guilty about this. I don't own
the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.

Is it a vasectomy or castration that is performed?

-mhd
Old May 26th 05, 10:59 PM
Elle

"Philip" wrote
Wendy wrote:
And I hope the owner doesn't get there before he's snipped if at all.
This cat should have been neutered a long time ago. He'll be happier
and safer now without his cajones.

Angry women always say that ...

I get the humor, and I'm sure many others do, too. But I'll tell ya, I live
in an area where Catholicism runs deep, and there is a serious problem
convincing people that the logical, humane thing to do for all is to get
one's cat spayed/neutered. I am certain some of these folks also think like
the original poster: That neutering a male cat is exactly the same as
castrating a human.

Not so.

So I think people ought to be serious here. I know one, seemingly bright,
30-ish, gainfully employed young man in particular who refuses to
neuter/spay his cats (more than one!), and I'm at a loss to find the right
words to persuade him, his convictions run so deep. I'm at the point where I
don't want to spend any time around him, because this is just so danged
ignorant of him.

So don't make it any tougher...

Three cents.

Old May 27th 05, 12:07 AM
bigbadbarry

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
There is a tomcat who was fighting my Cinder every time I let her into
our backyard. The group consensus was to trap the tomcat and have him
neutered.

Here's the story to date. Read the diary.
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=140147

I'm aware of the cat overpopulation problem but I still feel guilty
about this. I feel really bad. If he has an owner, the owner will have
4 days to reclaim him before the neutering. All he has to do is phone
the Humane Society. But somehow I feel guilty about this. I don't own
the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.

You know Im just having an old army flashback don't you!

I suppose I could have said...

Oh, don't feel bad -

Old May 27th 05, 12:17 AM
Mary

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
There is a tomcat who was fighting my Cinder every time I let her into
our backyard. The group consensus was to trap the tomcat and have him
neutered.

Here's the story to date. Read the diary.
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=140147

I'm aware of the cat overpopulation problem but I still feel guilty
about this. I feel really bad. If he has an owner, the owner will have
4 days to reclaim him before the neutering. All he has to do is phone
the Humane Society. But somehow I feel guilty about this. I don't own
the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.

You know Im just having an old army flashback don't you!

I suppose I could have said...

Oh, don't feel bad -

I like you, Barry. You so crazy.

Old May 27th 05, 12:54 AM
kitkatluna

Wendy wrote:
He'll be happier and safer
now without his cajones.

I think you meant "cojones"
a cajon is a drawer.

lol,
pam
Old May 27th 05, 01:08 AM
Mary

"kitkatluna" wrote in message
Wendy wrote:
He'll be happier and safer
now without his cajones.

I think you meant "cojones"
a cajon is a drawer.

lol,
pam

LOL!! I know men who are happier without
their drawers! Like all of them.

Old May 27th 05, 01:15 AM
bigbadbarry

Wendy wrote:
He'll be happier and safer
now without his cajones.

I think you meant "cojones"
a cajon is a drawer.

lol,
pam

LOL!! I know men who are happier without
their drawers! Like all of them.

My mind is not assimilating these days
I thought it read

cajoles which would just as easily fit

Old May 27th 05, 01:22 AM
Philip

Elle wrote:
"Philip" wrote
Wendy wrote:
And I hope the owner doesn't get there before he's snipped if at
all. This cat should have been neutered a long time ago. He'll be
happier
and safer now without his cajones.

Angry women always say that ...

I get the humor, and I'm sure many others do, too.

Thank God. ;^)

But I'll tell ya,
I live in an area where Catholicism runs deep, and there is a serious
problem convincing people that the logical, humane thing to do for
all is to get one's cat spayed/neutered. I am certain some of these
folks also think like the original poster: That neutering a male cat
is exactly the same as castrating a human.

Considering the child molesting priests, the Vatican should make an
exception within the ranks and also start promoting marriage for priests.
;^)

So I think people ought to be serious here. I know one, seemingly
bright, 30-ish, gainfully employed young man in particular who
refuses to neuter/spay his cats (more than one!), and I'm at a loss
to find the right words to persuade him, his convictions run so deep.
I'm at the point where I don't want to spend any time around him,
because this is just so danged ignorant of him.

There is a LOT of projection that goes on with pet ownership. I know a 7th
Day Adventist family who will only feed their rotweilers Avoderm meatless
dog food. Both dogs have had PROBLEMS including bone cancer that took the
older one. But no cardiovascular problems or doggy breath!

So don't make it any tougher...

Personally, I believe pets are part of a veterinary industry experiment.
What the heck is the greater good in a vaccination that results in oozing
skin ulcers, liver malfunctions, short term kidney failure, lethargy, and
even death? My point, don't buy every damned thing the vet offers.

I also don't buy neutering the day after a kitten stops suckling. But
that's what is being PUSHED by the animal sterilization industry. Maybe a
few people recall the Vienna Boys Choir? Preserving prepubescent voices
came at a price. But I digress. ;^/