I captured the Tomcat

Old May 27th 05, 03:29 AM
Rhonda

Nope, it's the humans' fault for not neutering their cat earlier.

Rhonda

Philip wrote:

Wendy wrote:

The only thing I'm angry about it the number of unwanted cats and
kittens out there.

Is that the cats' fault?

Old May 27th 05, 03:40 AM
Rhonda

Hello John,

Human guys have a tough time having a male cat neutered, I've noticed.
They seem to take it personally and humanize it. Female women don't do
the same when they have female cats spayed.

I've always wondered if there were some studies out there about this.

Anyway, you know that spaying and neutering is the only way to control a
cat population. It also cuts down on cat diseases. You're doing the
right thing for that outside cat.

Good luck with Tom,

Rhonda

John Ross Mc Master wrote:

But somehow I feel guilty about this. I don't own
the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.

Old May 27th 05, 04:08 AM
bigbadbarry

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Hello John,

Human guys have a tough time having a male cat neutered, I've noticed.
They seem to take it personally and humanize it. Female women don't do
the same when they have female cats spayed.

I've always wondered if there were some studies out there about this.

Anyway, you know that spaying and neutering is the only way to control a
cat population. It also cuts down on cat diseases. You're doing the
right thing for that outside cat.

Good luck with Tom,

Rhonda

Hello

I don't know why males have a problem with this...(well I do, but not
really)

When I was about 11 yrs old, we would go out to my uncles pig farm
They'd bring herds of male pigs over, a couple men would hold them down
another would throw a thick rubber band around the testicles...
and with a razor, do a 10 second castration...spray whole groin with a
purple aneseptic and the turn him loose,
(They'd throw the testicles to the dogs standing around)

Humans have far deeper surguries done everyday,
open heart and so on...

I think it is wrong for anyone to project themselves into the cats mind
and assume the cat is aware of his tools. He is not. He does what he
does by design.

Old May 27th 05, 03:21 PM
Elle

"Philip" wrote
Personally, I believe pets are part of a veterinary industry experiment.

I think without question humans are part of the health care industry
experiment.

But the internet's mass communication of information is helping both medical
industries.

What the heck is the greater good in a vaccination that results in oozing
skin ulcers, liver malfunctions, short term kidney failure, lethargy, and
even death? My point, don't buy every damned thing the vet offers.

It's getting a bit off the main point of this thread, but FWIW:

Last night I took my cat with the mending broken leg to the ER. He'd just
had his bandage/cast and splint removed that morning, the leg has several
pressure sores, and it was puffy, bloody looking and tender to the touch.
The cat seemed lethargic. By early evening I was concerned enough to take
him in. Everything checked out pretty normal, but I give a thumbs up to the
attending vet for making it clear that while we could have a blood panel(?)
and CBC (complete blood count, checking for red and white cells) done on him
to check for infection, that could probably wait. She asked me, and didn't
tell me, what to do. We went home with just a few days' dose of meloxicam,
to help the swelling and so pain.

(The cat seems much better this morning.)

I also don't buy neutering the day after a kitten stops suckling. But
that's what is being PUSHED by the animal sterilization industry.

Since there shouldn't be a financial advantage to this, I'd have to read the
reasoning (hopefully based on studies) to say whether this is inappropriate.

Old May 27th 05, 03:24 PM
Elle

"bigbadbarry" wrote
I don't know why males have a problem with this...(well I do, but not
really)

That's roughly my attitude (speaking as a woman) with spaying: A
hysterectomy in a cat's youth does give me the creeps... but then again not
really, weighing everything.

I think it is wrong for anyone to project themselves into the cats mind
and assume the cat is aware of his tools. He is not. He does what he
does by design.

This seems an astute, helpful statement.

Old May 27th 05, 04:07 PM
Philip

Elle wrote:
"Philip" wrote

snip
I also don't buy neutering the day after a kitten stops suckling.
But that's what is being PUSHED by the animal sterilization industry.

Since there shouldn't be a financial advantage to this, I'd have to
read the reasoning (hopefully based on studies) to say whether this
is inappropriate.

The vetineranry industry takes its cue from human medicine and the
pharmaceutical industry. Vets have a business with books that must balance
just like any doctor's office. There is money in "educating" your customer
base (as there also is in teaching aspiring veterinary students) that
certain things are the proper, compassionate, responsible way to do things
..... that also increase revenue. I've read numerous articles apologizing
for "disease management" vs cures over the course of my own autoimmune
experience. My point is, drug studies are mostly funded by drug companies so
expect self serving spin in their reports.

Old May 27th 05, 04:07 PM
Philip

bigbadbarry wrote:
snip
I think it is wrong for anyone to project themselves into the cats
mind and assume the cat is aware of his tools. He is not. He does
what he does by design.

All male cats are aware of their "tools" ... otherwise, they wouldn't lick /
pleasure themselves to an erection in front of your guests on the living
room rug. ;^) How many jokes have wives made to their husbands about
this behavior?

Old May 27th 05, 04:11 PM
Elle

"Philip" wrote
Elle wrote:
"Philip" wrote

snip
[...]

There shouldn't be any financial advantage to advocating earlier spaying.

Like I said.

Old May 27th 05, 04:32 PM
Mary

"Elle" wrote in message
nk.net...
"bigbadbarry" wrote
I don't know why males have a problem with this...(well I do, but not
really)

That's roughly my attitude (speaking as a woman) with spaying: A
hysterectomy in a cat's youth does give me the creeps... but then again

not
really, weighing everything.

I think it is wrong for anyone to project themselves into the cats mind
and assume the cat is aware of his tools. He is not. He does what he
does by design.

This seems an astute, helpful statement.

It is indeed.

Old May 27th 05, 04:33 PM
Mary

"Philip" wrote in message
ink.net...
snip

/
pleasure themselves to an erection in front of your guests on the living
room rug. ;^) How many jokes have wives made to their husbands about
this behavior?

This is how they wash, you miserable cretin. Jesus but you creep me out.
Nasty old man.