Another Working Cat

Old March 20th 04, 05:12 PM
Bob M

Default Another Working Cat

I just returned from a week long vacation to S. Lake Tahoe. I did some
skiing and got totally sunburned. The best part is that I won $300 while
I was there. Anyway the last 3 days I was out there I decided to rent a
car and drive out to the Pacific Ocean coast in California. My God what
a beautiful area. I drove through the Redwood forest and came out onto
Highway 1 (Pacific Coast Highway) just S. of Ft. Bragg. By this time it
was getting late and I was getting tired. I started looking for a place
to stay for the night. I wanted a place that overlooked the ocean. I
stopped at a few Inns but nothing really grabbed my attention. Then I
found a place called the Little River Inn. What a gorgeous view! Anyway
I walked into the office and the first thing I saw was a large grey and
white long haired cat lying on the counter. His head resting against the
computer monitor. As I walked up to the counter this kitty started to
purr and looked at me and let out a little meow like "welcome home." I
knew right away that this is where I wanted to stay. Any place that has
a cat in the office was fine by me. The gentleman behind the counter was
a very nice eccentric fellow. He had a small ponytail and looked just
like Ben Franklin. I didn't care how much the room cost, I was staying
there.
Ben stated that the cat had wandered in one day and had adopted the
place. He always greets the guests and knows that's his job. Anyway this
had to be one of the best places I have ever stayed in. I am a mountain
person but the sound of the ocean waves crashing on the beach during the
night put me right to sleep. I highly recommend the Little River Inn to
anyone that's in the area. And don't forget to say hi to Ben(not his
real name) and Annabel Lee. The cat really did it's job and lured this
tourist right in.

Bob
Old March 20th 04, 07:02 PM
lrulan

aw, what a wonderful description. I wish I could stay there.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old March 20th 04, 08:57 PM
jmcquown

Bob M wrote:
I just returned from a week long vacation to S. Lake Tahoe. I did some
skiing and got totally sunburned. The best part is that I won $300
while I was there. Anyway the last 3 days I was out there I decided
to rent a car and drive out to the Pacific Ocean coast in California.
My God what a beautiful area. I drove through the Redwood forest

So sad that the big redwood you could literally drive through was vandalized
and cut down

and
came out onto Highway 1 (Pacific Coast Highway) just S. of Ft. Bragg.
By this time it was getting late and I was getting tired. I started
looking for a place to stay for the night. I wanted a place that
overlooked the ocean. I stopped at a few Inns but nothing really
grabbed my attention. Then I found a place called the Little River
Inn. What a gorgeous view! Anyway I walked into the office and the
first thing I saw was a large grey and white long haired cat lying on
the counter. His head resting against the computer monitor. As I
walked up to the counter this kitty started to purr and looked at me
and let out a little meow like "welcome home." I knew right away that
this is where I wanted to stay. Any place that has a cat in the
office was fine by me.

Yep! Friendly felines are a good sign

The gentleman behind the counter was a very
nice eccentric fellow. He had a small ponytail and looked just like
Ben Franklin. I didn't care how much the room cost, I was staying
there. Ben stated that the cat had wandered in one day and had
adopted the place. He always greets the guests and knows that's his
job. Anyway this had to be one of the best places I have ever stayed
in. I am a mountain person but the sound of the ocean waves crashing
on the beach during the night put me right to sleep. I highly
recommend the Little River Inn to anyone that's in the area. And
don't forget to say hi to Ben(not his real name) and Annabel Lee. The
cat really did it's job and lured this tourist right in.

Bob

Ah, the sound of the surf. I was born in Oceanside, CA which I'm not sure
is really by the ocean. Oh well, I'm stuck in West Tennessee, at least for
the time being. Not that Tennessee is bad, mind you. But I really get sick
of Elvis jokes. Give me the mountains... with eagles soaring overhead.
Okay, maybe one day I'll drive down the pacific coast highway and see your
lovely Inn

Jill

Old March 20th 04, 09:11 PM

lrulan wrote:

aw, what a wonderful description. I wish I could stay there.

Me, too! My obstacle isn't distance, but cash. I've driven by that inn
many a time, as I like to go up to Mendocino (that's where Bob was).
It's about a 4-hour drive from where I live.

But I haven't stayed in town in a long time. Mostly I've gone camping
in the Mendocino Woodlands, a huge campground in the redwoods just
outside of town. It has cabins - *very* rustic, no electricity or water -
with small cots to sleep in, although you can bring your own tent if
you prefer. Bathrooms with lighting and flush toilets are placed here
and there and aren't a far walk from any of the camping areas.

Someday I would love to stay in an oceanside inn. And when I do, I will
certainly choose one with a cat that hangs out on the front desk! Bob,
do you mind saying how much it cost for a room for that one night? Just
curious.

Joyce

Old March 21st 04, 03:53 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 21st 04, 03:53 AM
Marina

"jmcquown" wrote

Ah, the sound of the surf. I was born in Oceanside, CA which I'm not sure
is really by the ocean. Oh well, I'm stuck in West Tennessee, at least

for
the time being. Not that Tennessee is bad, mind you. But I really get

sick
of Elvis jokes. Give me the mountains... with eagles soaring overhead.
Okay, maybe one day I'll drive down the pacific coast highway and see your
lovely Inn

I couldn't imagine living anywhere but by the sea. Whenever I go inland, I
feel suffocated. Yuck! I only wish I could live where I could actually see
the sea, but I can't afford that. At least I know it's just aorund the
corner, and I get a glimpse of it every morning on the way to work. And then
there's summers on the island, of course.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 21st 04, 04:52 AM
badwilson

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Bob M wrote:
I just returned from a week long vacation to S. Lake Tahoe. I did some
skiing and got totally sunburned. The best part is that I won $300
while I was there. Anyway the last 3 days I was out there I decided
to rent a car and drive out to the Pacific Ocean coast in California.
My God what a beautiful area. I drove through the Redwood forest

So sad that the big redwood you could literally drive through was

vandalized
and cut down

Oh no, they cut the drive-thru tree down? That sucks! I drove through that
tree twice, once when I was 13 with my parents and once when I was 20 with
my boyfriend. So sad to think it's gone :-(
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 21st 04, 04:52 AM
badwilson

"Marina" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote

[...]

I know exactly how you feel, Marina. I feel the same way. Gotta be by the
ocean.

Old March 21st 04, 05:12 AM
Victor Martinez

badwilson wrote:
I know exactly how you feel, Marina. I feel the same way. Gotta be by the
ocean.

I'm the total opposite. I guess deep down I'm afraid of the ocean. I'd
rather be in solid land, far away from sharks, hurricanes, and all other
ocean-related dangers...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he