Persia is glad I'm home!

Old May 15th 04, 07:02 PM
jmcquown

Default Persia is glad I'm home!

I returned from my trip after only 3 days rather than the planned 6. My
old/new love is back in the hospital yet again

Immediately, before doing anything else, drove to the vet to pick her up.
She yowled the entire ride home. Once we go home, she had to check out
every room in the apartment (including the closets) to make sure she wasn't
dreaming. She had to sniff at Peaches' (the lovebird) cage to make sure we
were all back home safe and sound.

When I went to get my suitcase out of the car she started crying. Awwww,
it's okay, Persia, I'm not leaving! She carefully supervised the return of
the suitcase to its proper place. Only after that would she snuggle with me
again. She immediately jumped on the sofa and started scratching, even
though, as you know, she has no claws. But she had to assert this was *her*
sofa and she's home again. And, to make sure I knew I wasn't in (Ar)kansas
anymore, she then threw up on the carpet in the hallway.

The great news is, the vet found no sign of another UTI. I'd called from
the hotel to check on her; she was just fine and they told me she's such a
sweet cat. Well I know that... except she didn't throw up on *their* carpet
)

Jill

Old May 15th 04, 07:48 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:02:39 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

[...]

Welcome home. For the life of me I can't remember what your love's
health problem is - probably come back to me as soon as I hit send.
Sorry to hear that the trip had to be cut short, and sending out purrs
that it's nothing too serious.

Good news about Persia's health, and that she made it through without
problems, aside from missing you and being home, of course. I imagine
Peaches is glad to be back on HER perch and with her flock as well.
The one and only time Sunny, my cockatiel, ever bit me was when I came
home after being on a training exercise. I opened up her cage and sat
down in the easy chair, and promptly fell asleep. She came over,
expecting some long awaited attention, and got miffed that I was
sleeping, so she nipped me on the nose LOL
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old May 15th 04, 07:57 PM
Hopitus2

I am getting more concerned about your sweetie in Texas than about Persia's
separation anxiety. None of my business, but I'd feel better if we learned
it was something unlikely to do him in........such as the inguinal hernia I
guessed from sparse facts awhile ago. Hernias are unlikely to kill people
since unlike appendixes, rupturing is unlikely as pain would force patient
to get medical help and a gut "blowout" would, unlike an appendix, be
serious but not blowing a bunch of infection all over the area.

.. .
:
[...]
: )
:
: Jill
:
:

Old May 15th 04, 08:47 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:02:39 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

Awww. It's so sweet when they welcome you home. Stinky runs around
in tail-on-fire mode, until he forgets why he started.

Theresa

Old May 15th 04, 09:16 PM
jmcquown

Hopitus2 wrote:
I am getting more concerned about your sweetie in Texas than about
Persia's separation anxiety. None of my business, but I'd feel better
if we learned it was something unlikely to do him in........

Thanks, sweetie. You aren't the only one who is worried. It *is*
diverticulitis and he was admitted again last Tuesday evening but insisted I
make the trip anyway. He is in extreme pain (and on some extreme pain
meds). They were not sure, as of last night, if surgery will be required or
not. Problem is, the day he was released the last time, rather than resting
he got on a riding mower and mowed 10 acres around the gallery. I fussed
and fumed... naturally he felt bad again within a couple of days. Plus, I
don't think he's eating the way he should for such a condition. Stubborn
jackass.

As for doing him in - again, stubborn jackass - had a heart attack in early
February and bypass surgery. Then insisted on going back on the road for an
art show at the end of March and to see me again for the first time in 23
years. Oh, he seemed fine by then, but you and I both know how *major*
bypass surgery is. He'd only been recovering for 6 weeks.

You aren't the only one who is worried. There are other issues which I
would rather not get into. But I thank you very much for your concern.

Jill

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

o)

Jill

Old May 15th 04, 09:23 PM
jmcquown

wrote:

make sure she wasn't dreaming. She had to sniff at Peaches' (the
lovebird) cage to make sure we were all back home safe and sound.

Peaches is glad to be back on HER perch and with her flock as well.
The one and only time Sunny, my cockatiel, ever bit me was when I came
home after being on a training exercise. I opened up her cage and sat
down in the easy chair, and promptly fell asleep. She came over,
expecting some long awaited attention, and got miffed that I was
sleeping, so she nipped me on the nose LOL

When I was transporting Peaches home, I forgot to take her swing down. Poor
thing, every time the car hit a bump she got bopped in the face by it! Uh,
Peaches, there are three other perches and a branch, you don't have to sit
right there!

Jill