A pet's 10 requests.

Old January 5th 11, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

Default A pet's 10 requests.

I just came across a printed copy of this, and when I looked on my
computer, I see I have saved a copy.

This is an older list, so some of you have probably see it before, but
many may not have.

I find it very touching.

A Pet's 10 Requests...

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is
likely to be painful. Please take time for me when you can.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment.
You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only
you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand
your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt
you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if
something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food,
I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or
weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you
can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier
for me if you are there, because I love you so.

Old January 5th 11, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

*sniffle* Yes, that was wonderful...thank you for sharing.
Love
Mosey's Mommy

Wonderful. How is your girl doing these days?
(Gandalf)

Old January 5th 11, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 21:18:42 -0600, "Granby" wrote:

[...]

Lorelei is doing well.

I'm sitting at my computer, as usual, in the living room.

Lorelei just came up to the invisible boundary between the dining room
and the living room (which she will NOT cross) and meowed at me.

This is a bit unusual for her, as she is a pretty quiet kitty.

I asked her what she wanted, but she didn't tell me. Well, she meowed a
few more times, but I wasn't able to make a good translation

But when I stood up, she walked quickly into the kitchen.

Her water dish was empty....I had not noticed it was getting low.

I usually check it first thing I get up and feed Lorelei...but I guess I
forgot.

Lorelei came back, a few minutes after I cleaned and filled her water
dish; she was licking around her mouth.

She meowed to me twice, and went and climbed up on her cat tree.

I would swear that she was saying 'thank you' to me.

She is a very sweet cat

She is still a lot more nervous than I would like, and I STILL can't get
her to enter my living room....but she seems to like it here.

And she spends a LOT of time on her cat tree
Old January 5th 11, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

She trusts you to take care of her needs by telling you she has them. I
would still bet she is like a dog a friend rescued and was not permitted in
the living room. If that is the way it is then so be it. She has come so
far in a relatively short time. You are one lucky human.