Update - Good news, possibly bad news

Old October 5th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Snittens

Default Update - Good news, possibly bad news

Update on my cat Ana (see thread Contipation and vomiting).
It turns out that constipation is not the real issue here. The vet did
another Xray yesterday, which did show some smallish stools, but she said
that when she felt her abdomen, the stools did not feel hard, and that the
Xray actually looked better than Monday's. So, she did not do the enema.
Ana's WBC was again elevated (had bw done last month when she had a previous
vomiting episode). This is what is concerning the vet. She is thinking it
might be lymphoma, although she doesn't want to alarm me yet, but it is what
it looks like. She started Ana on an antibiotic to see if the WBC goes
down. For now, Ana is on fluids and will be discharged once she is eating
on her own. When I called this morning, the receptionist said she is perked
up, friendly and looking for attention. The vet was not available, so I'm
waiting for a call back.

Please keep positive thoughts that it is not lymphoma.

-Kelly

Old October 5th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Catjoy via CatKB.com

I send you healing purrs from my kitties and kindest wishes. I truly hope
that Ana does not have lymphoma. Try not to depair, it may not be lymphoma.
You have my prayers, and I am glad to hear kitty seems to be doing better
today.

All the best, and pls update,
Jan

Old October 5th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 10:44:31 -0400, Snittens wrote:

[...]

We are purring for Ana's good health. MLB

Old October 6th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

Snittens wrote:

Please keep positive thoughts that it is not lymphoma.

-Kelly

Kelly, I will hope that ana does not have lymphoma. Poor little girl
has been throu so much. I didn't see your first thread.

Candace

Old October 6th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Snittens wrote:
[...]

Well I certainly hope it isn't Kelly. I will keep you guys in my
thoughts!

-L.

Old October 7th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Snittens

"Snittens" wrote in message
Update on my cat Ana (see thread Contipation and vomiting).

Thank you for the well wishes. Here's the latest.
Ana came home this afternoon. The vet reported that she was eating on her
own, was looking much brighter, and had not vomited while she was there (two
days). She said the WBC has gone down, and wants to recheck in ten days,
after she is done with the Clavamox. The vet really isn't certain what is
causing the vomiting and lack of appetite, if it's food related, IBD, or
possibly lymphoma. Basically I guess it's wait and see.
I put Ana back in the bathroom, as her intake and output still needs to be
monitored. Gave her some canned food, which she did nibble at. Several
hours later, she vomited quite a large amount. Again it was that liquidy
vomit that she's been doing. I changed the food that I set out, I had
given her one with fish in it before I spoke again to the vet, when she
advised no fish food. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out what food
they were feeding at the vet's, since she wasn't vomiting there. This is
frustrating, I just want to know what's wrong so I know how to treat it.

-Kelly

Old October 7th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

Snittens wrote:

Several
hours later, she vomited quite a large amount. Again it was that liquidy
vomit that she's been doing. I changed the food that I set out, I had
given her one with fish in it before I spoke again to the vet, when she
advised no fish food. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out what food
they were feeding at the vet's, since she wasn't vomiting there. This is
frustrating, I just want to know what's wrong so I know how to treat it.

Poor baby, I hope it wsa just the fish food. Maybe she should be
eating Hill's a/d for awhile until she feels a little better. It seems
to be very soothing and palatable to sick kitties.

Candace

Old October 7th 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

I'm sorry, Kelly. I hope she can keep down her food soon.

Clavamox made our cat's stomach upset, you might ask about that too.

I hope this is something she can get over quickly,

Rhonda

Old October 10th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Snittens wrote:
"Snittens" wrote in message
[...]

Just a thought: since she's vomiting so often, can you ask your vet
about giving subQ fluids at home? She needs to stay hydrated, no matter
what condition she may/may not have.

You can try feeding her baby food (plain chicken or turkey) to see if
she can keep that down (temporarily, of course, not as a long-term
diet). Or ask your vet about an anti-vomiting/anti-nausea pill. My
Tucker took one for a few weeks when going through pancreatitis. It
really helped, but I can't remember the name of the pill right now.