"Getting rid" of a cat......

Old November 23rd 03, 05:17 AM
Marina

"Mary" wrote

What's really sad is that relationships that start out like that are

either bad
or end quickly. Then she doesn't have her loving little kitty anymore to

help
her through the sad time. I wouldn't give up my cat for a guy because that

guy
obviously wouldn't be for me and I'd miss cats terribly. A guy who

everyone
said was a "total ten" asked to marry me but he said I had to get rid of

my cat
Boots. I said no way! then along came a much nicer guy who was better

suited to
me. The relationship with the "ten" would not have lasted. I saved myself

a lot
of heartbreak and my great kitty, Boots.

Good for you, Mary. I've spent 15 years of my life with Frank, and nearly as
long with Nikki, so it would be ridiculous for a guy that I'd known for
fifteen minutes to demand that I 'get rid of' them. That would never happen.
Purrs for Patches to have found his onetruehome now.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 23rd 03, 05:35 AM
Marina

"Junebug" wrote
"jmcquown" wrote

Some women are so insecure they will do anything to have a "man". I

feel
sorry for her. I give the relationship 6 months to a year, then she'll

be
wishing she still had her cat.

I totally agree with you Jill! Some women don't have enough self-esteem

say no. I can see nothing but problems with this relationship. At least
the kitty was left with KatGrrrl and not dumped at an SPCA or worse--just
dumped somewhere.

It seems to me that not only does this woman have low self-esteem, but so
does the Father-in-law, if he is so afraid of having the cat share the
woman's affection.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 23rd 03, 06:36 AM
Yoj

I certainly understand. I have Skeeter today because a woman who worked
with my son had a cat and a live-in boyfriend. The boyfriend decided he
was allergic to the cat, so she got rid of the cat. It was her loss and
my gain. She and the boyfriend broke up several months later, after his
drug use got really heavy. Some women have no sense at all!

--
Joy
Owned and operated by Lindy and Skeeter

"KatGrrrrl99" wrote in message
I need to vent about this & I knew other cat lovers would

understand....

My Father In Law has a new girlfriend & she had a gorgeous little

tuxedo named
Patches that is 4 yrs old....
My Father in law is a cheap, manipulative, cat hating *******! He told

his
Girlfriend to "Get rid" of her cat & DUMPS him on me!
It took me 3 days to find the little guy a home & he truly was

delightful the
whole time!!! My 9 yr. old Siamese even liked him!!!! )
WHY would a woman choose a man over her companion of 4 years?!?!?!?

When me &
my hubby first started going out...I told my hubby Me & Bastet (My

kitty) were
a package deal & he said he wouldn't have it any other way!
I'm sorry...I just had to get this off my chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vincent 6/27/01
Dorothy 6/4/03

Quitters never win, and winners never quit, but those who never quit

AND never
win are idiots.

Old November 23rd 03, 08:11 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

KatGrrrrl99 wrote:

I need to vent about this & I knew other cat lovers would understand....

My Father In Law has a new girlfriend & she had a gorgeous little tuxedo named
Patches that is 4 yrs old....
My Father in law is a cheap, manipulative, cat hating *******! He told his
Girlfriend to "Get rid" of her cat & DUMPS him on me!
It took me 3 days to find the little guy a home & he truly was delightful the
whole time!!! My 9 yr. old Siamese even liked him!!!! )
WHY would a woman choose a man over her companion of 4 years?!?!?!? When me &
my hubby first started going out...I told my hubby Me & Bastet (My kitty) were
a package deal & he said he wouldn't have it any other way!
I'm sorry...I just had to get this off my chest.

Maybe she's desperate to get a man? (I doubt whether I would ever be
THAT desperate!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old November 23rd 03, 10:52 AM
polonca12000

What a monster! The one that the girlfriend should abandon really is *him*
and not the kitty. I'm so glad you found a good home for the kitty.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"KatGrrrrl99" wrote in message
The bad thing was...He was going to KILL him with a mallet & If I hadn't

taken
time off work to come & get him-It wouldn't have had a happy ending!!!!
I don't understand a woman who would let a guy do that....I really don't!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old November 23rd 03, 12:00 PM
Katiri

In younger days, this happened to me. No threat of injury to the cat but
"I'll just drop him off somewhere". So one day after a vet visit it was
"Well he's in the carrier. We could just.." So to a local stables we went.
Himself had a long walk to his car, bout 7 miles, still at my house.
Chiya and I had tune and crab snacks and a smirk when the car started. I
always thought of it as "getting rid if a cad".

Old November 23rd 03, 04:08 PM
Adrian

KatGrrrrl99 wrote:
I need to vent about this & I knew other cat lovers would
understand....

My Father In Law has a new girlfriend & she had a gorgeous little
tuxedo named Patches that is 4 yrs old....
My Father in law is a cheap, manipulative, cat hating *******! He
told his Girlfriend to "Get rid" of her cat & DUMPS him on me!
It took me 3 days to find the little guy a home & he truly was
delightful the whole time!!! My 9 yr. old Siamese even liked him!!!!
) WHY would a woman choose a man over her companion of 4
years?!?!?!? When me & my hubby first started going out...I told my
hubby Me & Bastet (My kitty) were a package deal & he said he
wouldn't have it any other way! I'm sorry...I just had to get this
off my chest.

Purrs for you and litter box offerings for your Father In Law, I hope his
new girlfriend comes to her senses. At least Patches got a new home.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.