[OT] An Inconvenient Truth - ?

Old July 7th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default [OT] An Inconvenient Truth - ?

Has anyone seen this movie yet? Any thoughts, reviews?

Old July 7th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Pat wrote:
Has anyone seen this movie yet? Any thoughts, reviews?

What with all the un-truths Al Gore told during his vice-presidency (he
'invented' the internet? "Love Story" was about *him*?), I'm skeptical. I
also don't believe 'global warming' is man made - this planet was warming
and cooling through the millions (billions?) of years before we sprang forth
on it's surface. Just my opinion, though....

Old July 7th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:51:11 -0500, "Pat"
yodeled:

Has anyone seen this movie yet? Any thoughts, reviews?

Have you seen it?

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old July 7th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
Pat wrote:
Has anyone seen this movie yet? Any thoughts, reviews?

What with all the un-truths Al Gore told during his vice-presidency
(he 'invented' the internet? "Love Story" was about *him*?), I'm
skeptical. I also don't believe 'global warming' is man made - this
planet was warming and cooling through the millions (billions?) of
years before we sprang forth on it's surface. Just my opinion,
though....

The warming that would occur naturally over 10,000 years has happend in 100
due to industrial activity.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 7th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in message
Pat wrote:
Has anyone seen this movie yet? Any thoughts, reviews?

What with all the un-truths Al Gore told during his vice-presidency (he
'invented' the internet? "Love Story" was about *him*?), I'm skeptical.

also don't believe 'global warming' is man made - this planet was warming
and cooling through the millions (billions?) of years before we sprang

forth
on it's surface. Just my opinion, though....

I have to say, I've seen even conservatives saying this film gives them
pause. It's apparently very well backed up. I haven't seen it yet but makes
me wonder when I have heard nothing to detract from it. I have to agree Gore
never said he invented the internet but he was instrumental in getting it
implemented. Mostly, he wasn't a great politician, but he is a very bright
man. Just my .02.

Old July 7th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default Interesting review of...

http://thearmchaircritic.blogspot.co...-classics.html

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
Has anyone seen this movie yet? Any thoughts, reviews?

Old July 7th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Kreisleriana" wrote

Have you seen it?

Not yet.

Old July 7th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Pat wrote:

Has anyone seen this movie yet? Any thoughts, reviews?

Haven't seen it, but have heard only good things about it.
Apparently Al Gore has NOT used it as a political vehicle,
and it seems to be solidly researched.

Old July 8th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Apparently you agree with that moron in the White House?
(He'd "rather be right than be popular" - unfortunately he
seems to be neither.)

I think it's more a matter of getting all of one's "news" from Fox...
you know, that "fair and balanced" news network.

Joyce
Old July 8th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon

http://www.sethf.com/gore/

GO Well, I will be offering -- I'll be offering my vision when my
campaign begins. And it will be comprehensive and sweeping. And I hope
that it will be compelling enough to draw people toward it. I feel
that it will be.

But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I've
traveled to every part of this country during the last six years.
During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative
in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a
whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our
country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements
in our educational system.
-----------------------
http://www.perkel.com/politics/gore/internet.htm

Gore never claimed that he "invented" the Internet, which implies that
he engineered the technology. The invention occurred in the seventies
and allowed scientists in the Defense Department to communicate with
each other. In a March 1999 interview with Wolf Blitzer, Gore said,
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet."

Taken in context, the sentence, despite some initial ambiguity, means
that as a congressman Gore promoted the system we enjoy today, not
that he could patent the science, though that's how the quotation has
been manipulated. Hence the disingenuous substitution of "inventing"
for the actual language.
--------------------------
Does he, or doesn't he? Only his hairdresser knows.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"H. Adam Stevens" wrote in message
"he 'invented' the internet?"

Al was instrumental in funding of early expansion of the Arpanet.
He never claimed he "invented" the internet.

As for global warming:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...l/441802a.html
http://www.sciencemag.org/sciencexpress/recent.dtl
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/vo...5768/index.dtl

Cheers
H.

PS
No fiddlebacks in the traps this morning.