Being assertive

Old May 17th 04, 09:18 AM
Yowie

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message

On Mon, 17 May 2004 02:31:25 GMT, "Yoj"
wrote:

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
"Tanada" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Kreisleriana wrote:

Incidentally, this brings up something I've been wondering
about.

Have
any of you ever seen a real hairBALL? I see lots of them, but

they
aren't even remotely ball-shaped. I'm wondering if such a
thing

exists,
and if not, how they came to be called that.

Joy

Should we call them hair blobs?

Theresa

They tend to be poop shaped and colored around here, so Mandy
calls

then
hair poops.

Perhaps we should re-name them fur-squidge-ewws, after the sound
that happens when you step on them?

squidge "Ewwwwwwww!"

Yowie

That sounds appropriate. ;-)

Joy

My worst experience with hairballs was more of an "OWWWW!". I had
just gotten out of bed and headed for the bathroom, eyes half-open.
Katie had left a hairball in the middle of the hall. I stepped on
it, had my foot slide out from under me, and ended up on the floor
with a bruised hip, a bruised knee (knocked against a door frame on
the way down), and a coating of cat-hair and semi-processed cat food
smeared over my pajamas. I was _NOT_ a happy camper.

Well, you can have fur-squidge-splat-owwws if you like :-)

Sorry about your hip & knee, I"m currently nursing a tender behind myself
from a rather undignified fall on Saturday afternoon on a wet muddy hill. Of
course I was at a wedding in my best clothes and lots of people were
watching....

Yowie

Old May 17th 04, 06:08 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old May 17th 04, 06:08 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old May 17th 04, 08:07 PM
Exocat

:-)

Which reminds me of the true story of the senior trader on the London
Metal Exchange, which operated under the "open outcry" (ie
shoutingbellowing) system who in extremis spat out his falsies into
the central large (3-ft) metal dish around which the circle of
traders' benches was arranged. Being a true trader he jumped up,
dashed, grabbed & reinstalled them, then continued trading at full
pelt.

The "eeewwww" thing is, that dish was used as an ashtray, used
chewing-gum depository & general waste-bin.

Purrs to all

Gordon. Bandit, Pericles & Snowball

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"John F. Eldredge" wrote

Back when my grandfather was an Army chaplain, he once had an even
more embarrassing moment. While being introduced to a senior
officer, he sneezed out his false teeth. He was so embarrassed that
he popped them back into his mouth without even taking time to wipe
them off with his handkerchief.