Requiem for Lord Amber (RB)

Old August 16th 04, 01:19 AM
Steve Touchstone

A sad day here today.

Sending cyber hugs to ease your pain, and lighting a candle to guide
him on his way over the RB

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:21:59 -0600, CATherine
wrote:

He was only 11 and a half years old; I loved him for 10 and a half
years. He came to me as I was mourning my beloved Max (RB). Dear Amber
brought laughter and love to my life. He had so much personality. He
could be so charming and cute and innocent and, yet, imperious.

He was the king of the household and ruled with a benevolent paw. But
this last year he often let Robin take over. Training him? I think so.
Amber was a clown; Robin is a clown.

I will miss the way Amber would climb on the arm of my chair to share
my dinner. And the way he would thunder through the house and bounce
up on the sink waiting for water to drip for him; usually as i was
trying to fill my coffee pot. I will miss the way he would dart past
me as I went towards the bedroom and he would swarm up the cat tree
and flop half over the top perch at eye level with me to get scritches
for being so cute. I will miss his sudden appearance as I open a can
of tuna; he always wanted the water off it. And the juice off
pork'n'beans. I will miss the way his long hair would float up and
down as he sailed across the yard to my call.

I will miss my alter ego. My Familiar. My Precious Boy. My Love. I
have cried most of the day. Now I am done. I am empty.

Please, my friends, remember Amber and pray for his soul as he
journeys to the Bridge.
~~~
It was E-coli again. Two years ago, exactly, he almost died from it.
The vet that saved his life is no longer with the clinic. The cow vet
could not save him. The only thing I can think of that might be the
cause is the constant hair in his gut providing a breeding ground for
the germ, instead of shedding it with ordinary pooping. He would get
hairballs up; and there would be hair in the poo. But it was a daily
process of filling the gut with hair. His hair was so loosely rooted
that it would come off so easily. Brushing did not help much.

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old August 16th 04, 01:56 AM
Irulan

CATherine wrote:
He was only 11 and a half years old; I loved him for 10 and a half
years. He came to me as I was mourning my beloved Max (RB). Dear Amber
brought laughter and love to my life. He had so much personality. He
could be so charming and cute and innocent and, yet, imperious.

A candle will be lit for Amber's safe journey to the RB. Grieve for him but
remember all the happiness he gave you, too. Condolences from us.
Jazz & his mama

--
Irulan
from now until the end of time.

Old August 16th 04, 01:58 AM
O J

On Sun, 15 Aug, CATherine wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
I will miss my alter ego. My Familiar. My Precious Boy. My Love. I
have cried most of the day. Now I am done. I am empty.

Please, my friends, remember Amber and pray for his soul as he
journeys to the Bridge.

Oh CATherine, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. May Amber find a
peaceful path to walk. Hugs!

Regards, and Purrs for your broken heart,
O J

Old August 16th 04, 03:00 AM
Christine Burel

Please accept my condolences, CATherine; I'm so sorry for the loss of your
sweet kitty; purrs to accompany him to the Bridge and to help you heal.
Christine