You know you spend too much time on rpca when.....

Old August 23rd 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default You know you spend too much time on rpca when.....

Lesley wrote:
When your co-workers all think you have a
cold/allergy problem because of the number of times you have streaming
eyes but it's actually because you're crying over a cat on the list"

I'm just doing it now for Katie

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulosu Furballs

Old August 24th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

When I accidentally mentioned at work that my cat Boyfriend had a
girlfriend
kitty in America called Mimi and he had received a card and many emails
from
her.
The whole office stopped and said "WHAT?"
I crawled away into the filing room in the hope that they would forget
it
very soon..

LOL!!!! I'm sorry, I'm sure that was embarrassing, but embarrassing
episodes
always make the best stories, don't they?

I'm curious - what kind of work do you do, and what kind of place do you
work at?

I work with social workers.

Your co-workers seem just a tad uptight to me. I mean, it might
seem a little odd to someone who's not a cat fanatic like we are, but
their
reaction seems a bit extreme, even for non-cat people.

They are trained to notice any kind of mental instability - I guess their
automatic reaction just kicked in ;-)

Even if they don't
understand it, it's not like anything you said was about something harmful
or evil or anything. Sheesh.

It was never mentioned again by any of us. I have to admit if it was not an
rpca-er I would find it very hard to understand, myself.

Tweed

Old August 27th 06, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

Yowie wrote
"Lesley" wrote in message

4. There is a huge box of mansize tissues (OT: Why "mansize"? Do
women have smaller noses?)

Women are more delicate.

[Yeah, right!]

You've never actually met many of the people you consider your best friends.

Fortunately not true. I have met four posters on RPCA.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old August 28th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"David Stevenson" wrote in message
Yowie wrote
"Lesley" wrote in message

4. There is a huge box of mansize tissues (OT: Why "mansize"? Do
women have smaller noses?)

Women are more delicate.

[Yeah, right!]

You've never actually met many of the people you consider your best
friends.

Fortunately not true. I have met four posters on RPCA.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm

I've met at least seven RPCA posters and at least 20 people from other
newsgroups. However, there are many, many more that I have never met, most
of whom I would love to meet.

Joy

Old August 29th 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
SuzQ

I've met at least seven RPCA posters and at least 20 people from other
newsgroups. However, there are many, many more that I have never met,
most
of whom I would love to meet.

Joy
When I fantasize about wining the Lotto, going on a RPCA tour is high on
the list.
Suz&Spicey

Old September 10th 06, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"SuzQ" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
I've met at least seven RPCA posters and at least 20 people from other
newsgroups. However, there are many, many more that I have never met,
most
of whom I would love to meet.

Joy
When I fantasize about wining the Lotto, going on a RPCA tour is high on
the list.

Heh, If I ever win lotto, I'm going to give the lot of you & your SOs an all
expenses paid round trip ticket a special pass to the exclusive inaugral
RPCA convention.

Of course, there is a slight problem as to where in the world to hold the
thing, but I'll start worrying about the exact details once the check from
the lotteries agency actually clears. LOL.

Yowie

Old September 10th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"Yowie" wrote in message
"SuzQ" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
I've met at least seven RPCA posters and at least 20 people from other
newsgroups. However, there are many, many more that I have never met,
most
of whom I would love to meet.

Joy
When I fantasize about wining the Lotto, going on a RPCA tour is high on
the list.

Heh, If I ever win lotto, I'm going to give the lot of you & your SOs an
all expenses paid round trip ticket a special pass to the exclusive
inaugral RPCA convention.

Of course, there is a slight problem as to where in the world to hold the
thing, but I'll start worrying about the exact details once the check from
the lotteries agency actually clears. LOL.

Yowie

LOl that would be fun....an RPCA annual conventiom....furry members
included!

Old September 11th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
"SuzQ" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
I've met at least seven RPCA posters and at least 20 people from other
newsgroups. However, there are many, many more that I have never met,
most
of whom I would love to meet.

Joy
When I fantasize about wining the Lotto, going on a RPCA tour is high on
the list.

Heh, If I ever win lotto, I'm going to give the lot of you & your SOs an
all expenses paid round trip ticket a special pass to the exclusive
inaugral RPCA convention.

Of course, there is a slight problem as to where in the world to hold the
thing, but I'll start worrying about the exact details once the check from
the lotteries agency actually clears. LOL.

Yowie

Wouldn't it be loverly?

Joy