This Really Chaps My Hide

Old August 4th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default This Really Chaps My Hide - I forgot to mention......

Sherry wrote in
oups.com:

you may be sued
for loss of manhood. (cathood?)

Sherry

Tomhood

Old August 4th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

you may be sued

Tomhood

I'll take my chances. The main focus on the importance scale is to
make sure the kitties are properly taken care of.

-bonbon

Old August 5th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Aug 3, 10:32 am, bonbon wrote:
That these neighbors who 'can't afford' to spay and neuter these two
beautiful little cats have a brand new pick-up truck sitting in their
driveway.

GAK.

-(disgusted) bonbon

This could be why they can't afford to take care of the cats. It's
not their fault. Big car payment, you know.

Annie, tongue in cheek

Old August 5th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Aug 3, 10:57 am, wrote:
snip Let the kids experience the "Miracle of birth" because every
child
should, then dump all the cats & kittens at the high-kill shelter
where they leave them under the illusion that they'll "get loving
homes" because they "just can't cope with those damn cats" any more
and they've "done the best they can" and it's "not their fault".

..snip..
Helen M

One of our daughters accompanied a group of junior high age students
on a field trip to the animal shelter to deliver a donation of food
and to volunteer to walk dogs & such. Well, one of the kids saw her
dog was there in one of the cages. Her parents told her they had
given it to a good home. Some people really do make you sick.

Annie

Old August 5th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Aug 3, 11:28 am, bonbon wrote:
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 18:48:05 +0300,

.... I'm thinking the answer is to just cat nap the
babies, take them down the street to our vet and have them
spayed/neutered ourselves. ...
-bonbon

That same thought also crossed my mind, hypothetically, of course. Not
that I'd actually advocate any such thing, you know. Those people
probably are too dumb to notice.

Annie , wobbling off the straight and narrow

Old August 5th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Aug 3, 1:54 pm, bonbon wrote:
Well, maybe to protect myself, when I take Kiko (the male) in to get
snipped I should have a set of neuticals applied to him? g

-bonbon-

Hey! I'm on a laptop here. It's not so easy to replace the keyboard.

Annie

Old August 7th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 18:34:10 GMT, bonbon wrote:

Hate to say this, but I saw just such a case on one of those daytime judge
shows (small claims court). The plaintiff sued the defendent for having
their dog neutered without express permission. The plaintiff won. So it
can happen.

But if these people have no problem with it, then I'd make sure I got it in
writing just to be safe.

Jill

Thank you so much Jill. I know where you're coming from, and I
appreciate your posts to beware on this whole matter. Like I said
before though, I'm more concerned with helping than I am concerned
with having a lawsuit thrown at me.

Personally, I'd find out when the next low-cost speutering session is,
and tell the cats owners that you'll take the felines there on the
appropriate day to have it done. It's not like they want the little
darlings to breed - they just can't be bothered doing the legwork
themselves.
Old August 7th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:29:30 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
wrote:

Personally, I'd find out when the next low-cost speutering session is,
and tell the cats owners that you'll take the felines there on the
appropriate day to have it done. It's not like they want the little
darlings to breed - they just can't be bothered doing the legwork
themselves.

That's a wonderful idea Karen, problem is I don't have any wheels at
this time. DH takes the car to work m-f. Until my truck gets fixed,
my hands are tied.

-bonbon