Blind cat rescue

Old January 13th 12, 07:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Blind cat rescue

I just bought something from Ebay, and at the bottom of the page there
was a little checkbox saying "I would like to donate amount to the
Blind Cat Rescue", with a pulldown menu where you could choose either $1
or $2 (sort of a weird choice). So I went to the website to check them
out, and they seem like a great organization. They save blind cats that
have been surrendered, or dumped, or however they ended up homeless. They
try to get the cats either a good home, or into a no-kill shelter. Just
wondered if anyone here has heard of this group. MaryL? Anyone else?

Here's the link to their site. Lots of cute pictures, plus an adorable
video of blind cats playing. You get to see one cat make a long jump
from the floor straight into a hole on the top of one of those cat tunnel
things, and the cat went right through it!

http://www.blindcatrescue.com

--
Joyce

- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
- I wrote Disney and this phone changed it. We are going to Disney.
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old January 13th 12, 12:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 1/13/2012 2:44 AM, wrote:
I just bought something from Ebay, and at the bottom of the page there
was a little checkbox saying "I would like to donate amount to the
Blind Cat Rescue", with a pulldown menu where you could choose either $1
or $2 (sort of a weird choice). So I went to the website to check them
out, and they seem like a great organization. They save blind cats that
have been surrendered, or dumped, or however they ended up homeless. They
try to get the cats either a good home, or into a no-kill shelter. Just
wondered if anyone here has heard of this group. MaryL? Anyone else?

Here's the link to their site. Lots of cute pictures, plus an adorable
video of blind cats playing. You get to see one cat make a long jump
from the floor straight into a hole on the top of one of those cat tunnel
things, and the cat went right through it!

http://www.blindcatrescue.com

I "friended" them on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blind-...005165?sk=info

They're based in North Carolina, and actually do have a physical shelter
(plus a network of fosters).

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old January 14th 12, 12:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
On 1/13/2012 2:44 AM, wrote:
[...]

That's a wonderful video! They certainly are enjoying themselves I love
the crackly-sound that cat tunnel makes.

Persia's crackle sack used to sound like that, but after a few washings it
lost it's crackle. She doesn't care; she loves to snooze on it

Jill

Old January 14th 12, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote in message ...

[...]

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about this group. They have an
appealing web site, and I certainly like the concept of having a home for
blind cats that are homeless. You may remember that someone else originally
had Duffy and then returned him to a *kill* shelter after a couple of years.
He had been in a cage in the shelter for several months when I found him.
Their policy is to keep healthy cats "for at least 14 days," so I will be
grateful forever that shelter staff kept Duffy for so long while they tried
to find a new home. The situation seen in the web site would be a much more
desirable arrangement if the photos are accurate depictions. You might be
able to find more information if you Google for it. If you learn anything
more, I would be very interested in hearing about it.

MaryL