Purrs for La Nina

Old January 17th 04, 07:03 PM
Tanada

Shirley wrote:

La Nina is going to have her stitches out in the morning so a few
purrs that the wound has healed properly would be much appreciated.

She's a lively little thing and losing one of her legs hasn't slowed
her down (except when she forgets she's missing a front leg and lands
on her nose). I've never known such a talkative kitten, she seems to
have an opinion on everything and doesn't mind sharing it with
everyone :-)

Purrs and good luck thoughts and wishes for La Nina, and thanks to you
for taking care of her.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old January 17th 04, 09:27 PM
Annie Wxill

"Shirley" wrote in message
La Nina is going to have her stitches out in the morning so a few
purrs that the wound has healed properly would be much appreciated.

.... Shirley
Purrs for La Nina. She sounds like such a character.
Annie

Old January 17th 04, 10:26 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for La Nina's wound to have healed properly
and hugs for you for taking such good care of her,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Shirley" wrote in message
La Nina is going to have her stitches out in the morning so a few
purrs that the wound has healed properly would be much appreciated.

She's a lively little thing and losing one of her legs hasn't slowed
her down (except when she forgets she's missing a front leg and lands
on her nose). I've never known such a talkative kitten, she seems to
have an opinion on everything and doesn't mind sharing it with
everyone :-)

--
Shirley
see my cats at
http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

Old January 17th 04, 10:36 PM
BlueBird

Ahhhh, Steve. I see you have a Little Bit, also. I hope that he/she
gives you as much pleasure and love as my Little Bit does me. Because
of the kidney disease she was born with she was so small at the age of
9-10 weeks old that she fit in my cupped hands and I have very small
hands !!!!
--
Purrs & Hugs,
BlueBird & Little Bit

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:29:22 -0700, CATherine
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 00:19:02 -0000, "Shirley"
wrote:

La Nina is going to have her stitches out in the morning so a few
purrs that the wound has healed properly would be much appreciated.

She's a lively little thing and losing one of her legs hasn't slowed
her down (except when she forgets she's missing a front leg and

lands
on her nose). I've never known such a talkative kitten, she seems to
have an opinion on everything and doesn't mind sharing it with
everyone :-)

Several years ago our local Wildbird store had a cat with only two
legs. It was amzing how she adapted. She loved all the attention she
got from customers.

Purrs for La Nina to heal quickly.

CATherine

You're right, it's amazing how well they do. My great aunt had a
kitten that lost a leg. You'd never have known when it was young,
though. It was always running and playing so hard that you couldn't
count the legs.

In its teens it developed arthritis in its one front leg, so it short
of hitched its way along, but it was always there to great visitors
and get its expected attention.

I've been trying all evening to remember it's name, but it won't come
to me. It didn't come along until after I joined the Army, so I only
saw it a few times over the years, while home on leave. If I have my
facts straight, it lived to be about twenty, and went to the RB three
or four years ago.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old January 17th 04, 11:09 PM
BlueBird

Helen, I'll add my experiences to yours as far as cats with less than 4
legs. My Lady Bug, who went to a new home a few months back because of
my allergies to her long fur, had only three legs. When she was given
to me by my vet, she had been in a accident. She was hit by a car and
taken to my vet by a good Samaritan. She almost lost her life, but made
it thanks to a very good and loving vet. She did lose her front left
shoulder and leg though. she was approximately two at the time. The
people who 'owned' her didn't want her because she was 'injured' and
told vets to just put her to sleep. What a waste of a beautiful cat and
an extremely fortunate slave that would have been !!!!!!!!!!!! She had
her three legs up until the time of the accident, but came out of the
surgery for from being groggy without missing a beat. You'd never have
known she was missing a leg. She played, ran around the house, ripped
over furniture while playing and jumped just like any other cat. In
fact, when playing with her favorite toy (the piece of denim attached to
a flexible wand by a special kind of thread ) she would jump higher than
any cat I've ever seen jump. And that's no joke. I've had several
people mention it when watching her play with that toy. So here is
wishing LaNina lots of jumping in her future !!!!!!!!!

--
Purrs & Hugs,
BlueBird & Little Bit
To E-Mail direct remove the hutch

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote
in message ...
La Nina is going to have her stitches out in the morning so a few
purrs that the wound has healed properly would be much appreciated

*OOOOOOOODLES* of purrs.

She's a lively little thing and losing one of her legs hasn't slowed
her down (except when she forgets she's missing a front leg and lands
on her nose). I've never known such a talkative kitten, she seems to
have an opinion on everything and doesn't mind sharing it with
everyone :-)

If it helps, I know of a kitten who lost a front leg, and has grown up

to be a
mad, funny, crazy cat - in other words - quite normal :-)

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old January 17th 04, 11:40 PM
Brenda

"Shirley" wrote in message
La Nina is going to have her stitches out in the morning so a few
purrs that the wound has healed properly would be much appreciated.

She's a lively little thing and losing one of her legs hasn't slowed
her down (except when she forgets she's missing a front leg and lands
on her nose). I've never known such a talkative kitten, she seems to
have an opinion on everything and doesn't mind sharing it with
everyone :-)

--
Shirley
see my cats at
http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!
Brenda

Old January 18th 04, 11:43 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:36:51 -0600, "BlueBird"
wrote:

Ahhhh, Steve. I see you have a Little Bit, also. I hope that he/she
gives you as much pleasure and love as my Little Bit does me. Because
of the kidney disease she was born with she was so small at the age of
9-10 weeks old that she fit in my cupped hands and I have very small
hands !!!!

Yep, my Little Bit is a joy, and is my cuddle kitty. She was about 8
pounds when she showed up and announced that she was moving in, and
very pregnant - had her kittens in the bedroom closet a week or so
after moving in closet. She's not so little nowadays at around 10
pounds, borderline on what TED tells me her max weight should be
before being put on a diet.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]