Mom [OT]

Old April 6th 04, 10:21 PM
Hopitus2

If a voice from the deep south FL area, where shorts and bikini bottoms
(yes!) are worn all year 'round, may be heard........all adults over the age
of 20 or so should be required by law to have a full-length mirror on rear
of front door of dwelling to prevent public visual assault
(still not a crime, yet)......

"David Yehudah" wrote in message
: They often look as if they were trying to stuff ten lbs. of mud into a
: five lb. sack. And stretch pants are called that because they have no
: choice.
:
: Jo Firey wrote:
: "Kreisleriana" wrote in message
: ...
:
: On 06 Apr 2004 19:02:30 GMT, eener (SUQKRT) yodeled:
: .
:
: I remember walking around my neighborhood early last spring-- a day
: much like today-- and seeing all the pale little bellies suddenly
: sticking out. I thought, "Low-rise pants should be a privilege, not a
: right."
:
:
:
: Yes, and they should have to pass a physical to wear them. I'm really
not
: in favor of the trend to expecting anyone to be bone thin. Curves are a
: nice thing. But to wear these there really outta be a law regarding
public
: decency.
:
: I'm not even talking about the older women of twenty or so that wear
them.
: Even very pretty young ladies look silly when they buldge over the
confines
: of these pants.
:
: Also needed. A law that all exposed "belly button" jewelry be confined
: those bellies that are flat or concave.
: Jo
:
:
:

Old April 7th 04, 04:08 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 7th 04, 04:08 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 7th 04, 04:17 AM

Hopitus2 wrote:

If a voice from the deep south FL area, where shorts and bikini bottoms
(yes!) are worn all year 'round, may be heard........all adults over the
age of 20 or so should be required by law to have a full-length mirror
on rear of front door of dwelling to prevent public visual assault
(still not a crime, yet)......

OK, OK, enough! Sheesh. The way this world is going, with its insanity
about bodies, it *will* be a crime.

Hey, no one's forcing anyone to stare. Don't like what's in front of
you? Point your gaze toward the remaining 359 degrees available for your
viewing pleasure.

I'm not even remotely close to thin, but that sure as hell doesn't
require me to suffer through heat waves in long pants and long-sleeved
shirts. I get to be as comfortable as the next person.

Joyce, wondering where all this nastiness came from

Old April 7th 04, 04:36 AM
Tanada

Yowie wrote:

Back when my parents were kids, there was a place for kids who didn't want
to learn book learning - it was called technical college. Instead of being
bored stupid by the standard curriculum they were trained in the practical
trades from the start of 'highschool' so that at 16 they were capable
assistants/apprentices of electricians, carpenters, plumbers, fishermen etc
etc etc. Whilst my mother and father were good "book learners" my Uncle was
one of those kids who couldn't sit quietly in the classroom and ended up
going through the technical college and joining the merchant navy. He ended
up as the Harbour Master of Port Kembla, which probably doen'st mean alot ot
you folks, but its one of Australia's largest and busiest industrial ports,
and there is no way anyone could ever accuse him of being stupid in any way.
But his "smarts" didn't come from books, but from *doing* and they still do.

A lot of schools here in North Carolina agree with you, Vicky, and have
started up practical "academies" for various non collegiate studies as
well as for advanced collegiate studies. One school here has a
horticulture curriculum, ours has a technical studies program, several
have pre-medical careers programs and JROTC programs for getting ahead
on a military career. There are also programs that prepare the student
for preliminary studies in basic trades and then there's Job Corps.
They take kids and teach them the basics that will get them the skills
they need to get a job starting out in various trades and skills.

I spent yesterday and today working for one of the technical schools
teacher. One of their projects is for their teams to build hydraulic
driven catapults that will shoot a tennis ball at a set target. I hope
I can see the trials for them.

Pam S. who wants her very own catapult

Old April 7th 04, 04:38 AM
Jo Firey

wrote in message
Hopitus2 wrote:

[...]

Sorry you see it this way, I sure didn't mean that every one over 20 or less
than perfect be banished from public view. That would be majorly
hypocritical at the very least.

And I have nothing against anyone dressing for comfort. I live in a hot
climate and rules relax when it gets really hot.

But surely you have seen others out and about that made you wonder what were
they thinking leaving the house like that? (Not what were they thinking
leaving the house)

Jo