We have integration!

Old September 4th 04, 01:03 PM
Adrian

CatNipped wrote:
"SUQKRT" wrote in message

In article , Singh
wrote:

Now if I could just get up off my tuchus and clean this mess
they've made of

my home...

Blessed be,

Baha

Baha sweety didn't you read CatNipped's posts about her adventures
with Sammy?
Maybe the should be required reading for people contimplating kitten
adoption.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Clean? Clean?? I've just gotten very good at stepping over Sammy's
"art work" (as in rearranging everything on every elevated surface
into a new configuration on the floor). I tried picking things up
and putting them back in place, but this disturbed Sammy so much she
would create even bigger projects the moment my back was turned. Now
I just look abashed and murmur "I have a kitten" whenever anyone
comes over.

Hugs,

CatNipped

It is the job of all kittens to *test* gravity everyday to make sure
it's still working.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 4th 04, 03:19 PM
Christine Burel

Awww, what a sweet story, yay for a happy, if messy, introduction!
Christine
"Singh" wrote in message
My house is totally wrecked. Hurricanes DO hit New York State; I have
one here in the form of a little Hoolikitten, my little Brandy.

We kept her sequestered 3 days, and Stosh and Roxie could endure no
more. When I opened up to go use my own litter box, they slammed down
the gate I'd set up "for good measure" and rolled in like two little
Sherman tanks. Immediately they began a game of Chase the Kitty which
turned the computer room into a disaster area. My husband's math books,
music scores and resume stuff are EVERYWHERE.

They managed to blast themselves downstairs, where they totally upended
several boxes of junk I had been putting together for storage, then
proceeded to knock over a shelf that used to hold baskets of makeup and
bath goodies, and I have lipstick EVERYWHERE. At one point Stosh, who is
turning into one huge cat, tried to knock over Brandy. She turned back,
bapped him on the snout and uttered a five-star obscenity that would
have made the nuns in my grade school force me to eat red pepper. (The
nuns are enablers. I now have a hopeless addiction to hot wings, curry
and Mexican food.) Stosh no longers tries to subdue his baby sister. She
doesn't seem much of a wrestler, but more a boxer, and has rapidly
learned the Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Roxie has temporarily dropped the Zen Mistress persona as Brandy tried
to commandeer Roxie's tower. (round kitty house, scratching post, upper
platform, you know what I mean.) Roxie said in no uncertain terms, "I
don't think so, you little brat kid!" and boxed Brandy's ears like a
Victorian schoolteacher. After this, Brandy got into bed with Louie and
me, decided to settle in, and proceeded to knead Louie in a place where
men should NOT be kneaded. I'm not going to tell you where, but let's
just say I'm glad it's not my honeymoon.

They're getting on pretty well, but still working on defining the
boundaries. Roxie seems to be playing the Mama, being there to police
Stosh and Brandy and actually bapping one or the other when the boxing
matches get too crazy. Amazing. They seem to know the rules of polite
society instinctively. Brandy still cusses like a sailor on occasion,
but they're actually getting along. She and Roxie were sleeping together
today, which I take as a positive sign. Roxie usually likes to meditate
and rest on her own.

Old September 5th 04, 10:05 AM
LOL

Singh wrote in message ...
My house is totally wrecked. Hurricanes DO hit New York State; I have
one here in the form of a little Hoolikitten, my little Brandy.

I am happy to read about your thundering herd! I too have a kitten of
mass destruction - fun to watch, less fun to clean up after. ;-)

------
Krista