You know you spend too much time on rpca when.....

Old August 22nd 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default You know you spend too much time on rpca when.....

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Tue 22 Aug 2006 03:28:56p, Christina Websell wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (news:4l147sFe7f6sU1@MFEMFEMFEMFEMF):

When I accidentally mentioned at work that my cat Boyfriend had
a girlfriend kitty in America called Mimi and he had received a
card and many emails from her.
The whole office stopped and said "WHAT?"
I crawled away into the filing room in the hope that they would
forget it very soon..

Don't feel bad. Back when Shadow was sick and needed so many feedings
through a tube that I had to take long lunch breaks to go home to
feed him, I overheard someone who said that I must not have much in
my life if my cat was so important to me. How rude!

More than insensitive to not realise that if you have an ill cat you need to
tend to it.
Sometimes I spend so much time reading rpca that I forget real life is not
the same.

Tweed

Old August 23rd 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lois

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:00bf5ef6bf1952d7fd62d17b29b0d65b.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com

Any more suggestions?

Lesley////

When you answer the phone bawling your eyes out, and you're asked by the
person on the other end what's wrong, you say

"My friends cat died/went to RB and I'll really miss him and she/he is
so upset & so am I" - only you've never met either the cat or the person
in RL, but consider them your furkids...

Helen M

I have shed many a tear over the sad passing of the cats/kittens here, I
feel the slaves pain.

Long live rpca.

Purrs to all
Lois

--
http://zeotropeburmese.kiwiwebhost.net.nz

Burmese are like potato chips, you can't just have one!

Old August 23rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

When I accidentally mentioned at work that my cat Boyfriend had a girlfriend
kitty in America called Mimi and he had received a card and many emails from
her.
The whole office stopped and said "WHAT?"
I crawled away into the filing room in the hope that they would forget it
very soon..

LOL!!!! I'm sorry, I'm sure that was embarrassing, but embarrassing episodes
always make the best stories, don't they?

I'm curious - what kind of work do you do, and what kind of place do you
work at? Your co-workers seem just a tad uptight to me. I mean, it might
seem a little odd to someone who's not a cat fanatic like we are, but their
reaction seems a bit extreme, even for non-cat people. Even if they don't
understand it, it's not like anything you said was about something harmful
or evil or anything. Sheesh.

Joyce
Old August 23rd 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

LOL!!!! I'm sorry, I'm sure that was embarrassing, but embarrassing episodes
always make the best stories, don't they?

I have purred for people not on RPCA.

Having never seen "Little Britain," it seemed natural to me to shorted
"itty bitty kitties" to "bitties" since after all, they weren't kittens
yet, they were just bits!

--Fil

Old August 23rd 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Christina Websell wrote:
When I accidentally mentioned at work that my cat Boyfriend had a girlfriend
kitty in America called Mimi and he had received a card and many emails from
her.
The whole office stopped and said "WHAT?"
I crawled away into the filing room in the hope that they would forget it
very soon..

Tweed

I happened to mention Rusty has a girlfriend in California at lunch
once and my then boss laughed.

Winnie

Old August 23rd 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:

When I accidentally mentioned at work that my cat Boyfriend had a girlfriend
kitty in America called Mimi and he had received a card and many emails from
her.
The whole office stopped and said "WHAT?"
I crawled away into the filing room in the hope that they would forget it
very soon..

LOL! When Frank and Waffles were 'going out' I carefully avoided
mentioning the fact to anyone outside rpca. Miranda and Barnabus haven't
come up in conversation. Yet.

Old August 23rd 06, 09:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Lois wrote:

I have shed many a tear over the sad passing of the cats/kittens here, I
feel the slaves pain.

You could add to the list "When your co-workers all think you have a
cold/allergy problem because of the number of times you have streaming
eyes but it's actually because you're crying over a cat on the list"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 23rd 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
"Shiral" wrote in message
ups.com...

When I accidentally mentioned at work that my cat Boyfriend had a
girlfriend
kitty in America called Mimi and he had received a card and many
emails from
her.
The whole office stopped and said "WHAT?"
I crawled away into the filing room in the hope that they would
forget it very soon..

Tweed

LOL!! I'm sure it was an embarrassing moment for you, Tweed but
still!
I can just picture it. (snert!)

I forgot it wasn't a safe place to say cat things like we do here.
I'm sure they thought I was mad. I can't believe I did it!

Tweed

If loving cats makes people think you're mad, welcome to the asylum. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old August 23rd 06, 10:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Adrian A wrote:

If loving cats makes people think you're mad, welcome to the asylum. :-)

To me not loving cats is mad!

And I like this asylum!