This Really Chaps My Hide

Old August 3rd 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

Default This Really Chaps My Hide

The neighbors that live across the cul-de-sac from us have two teen
age kids. The parents are going through a divorce, so 'mom' lets each
kid bring home a kitten. Kiko is about 6 months old, and really
starting to show his manhood. Jinx is a gorgeous little black sh who
is about 3 or 4 months old. I went calling this morning to say hi and
pet the cats. I mentioned (again) that they really need to look into
spaying and neutering the pooties a.s.a.p. The reply I got was "Well,
we really can't afford that".

I swear to God......some people really make me pro-nuclear.

Sorry for ranting.

-bonbon
Old August 3rd 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

Default This Really Chaps My Hide - I forgot to mention......

That these neighbors who 'can't afford' to spay and neuter these two
beautiful little cats have a brand new pick-up truck sitting in their
driveway.

GAK.

-(disgusted) bonbon
Old August 3rd 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

bonbon kirjoitti:
That these neighbors who 'can't afford' to spay and neuter these two
beautiful little cats have a brand new pick-up truck sitting in their
driveway.

GAK.

-(disgusted) bonbon

And what do they reply to your innocent and wide-eyed question about
what they're going to do about all the kittens that will be on the way?
If I understood you correctly one kitty's a boy and the other a girl, right?

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old August 3rd 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

bonbon wrote:
That these neighbors who 'can't afford' to spay and neuter these two
beautiful little cats have a brand new pick-up truck sitting in their
driveway.

Is there a low-cost spay/neuter program near you?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 3rd 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

And what do they reply to your innocent and wide-eyed question about
what they're going to do about all the kittens that will be on the way?
If I understood you correctly one kitty's a boy and the other a girl, right?////

Let the kids experience the "Miracle of birth" because every child
should, then dump all the cats & kittens at the high-kill shelter
where they levae them under the illusion that they'll "get loving
homes" because they "just can't cope with those damn cats" any more
and they've "done the best they can" and it's "not their fault".

No, I'm neither cynical or bitter. ;o)

Good luck and purrs for making them see sense and for them to get
those babas Speutered.

Helen M

Old August 3rd 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NeeCee

I got a similar reply from a friend down the street,they had just gotten a
Boxer pup last month,I was told they can't afford to "fix" him,well,that
night I saw them at the store buying their 9 y.o couch potato,chubby spoiled
ROTTEN (emphasis on rotten,he's rude) son one of those Wii things. Also
,this is about the 5th different dog they've had in a year,they get rid of
them because they say they bite the boy,or scratch his face ( they've done
the same thing with kitties !!!!!!!!! ) , well I found out why ! when he's
at my house playing with my son,he gets in our little dog's face & starts
wiggling her head & blowing on her face,talking to her. So far she has'nt
done anything,she's VERY good natured.

Old August 3rd 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 18:48:05 +0300, "Christine K."
wrote:

bonbon kirjoitti:
That these neighbors who 'can't afford' to spay and neuter these two
beautiful little cats have a brand new pick-up truck sitting in their
driveway.

GAK.

-(disgusted) bonbon

And what do they reply to your innocent and wide-eyed question about
what they're going to do about all the kittens that will be on the way?

If I understood you correctly one kitty's a boy and the other a girl, right?

That's correct. I'm thinking the answer is to just cat nap the
babies, take them down the street to our vet and have them
spayed/neutered ourselves. Of course, I'll have to do it on the
sly.....it wouldn't be the first time I footed the bill to have
neighbor cats altered. Of course there is always the pesky
inconvenience of having to explain to the DH where that extra money
disappeared to. But hey.....we're in love, and I have my ways of
getting around that sort of trouble g

-bonbon
Old August 3rd 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:55:13 -0500, Victor Martinez
wrote:

bonbon wrote:
That these neighbors who 'can't afford' to spay and neuter these two
beautiful little cats have a brand new pick-up truck sitting in their
driveway.

Is there a low-cost spay/neuter program near you?

Yes, there is a low-cost program here, but only certain times of the
month, and at certain locations. Naturally, the 'clinic's on wheels'
always seem to happen way over on the other side of Houston and by the
time the neighbor sees fit to go the distance to get these guys taken
care of, I'll already of secretly had them into our vet down the
street and foot the bill myself to get them ship shape.

-bonbon
Old August 3rd 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

wrote:

bonbon kirjoitti:
That these neighbors who 'can't afford' to spay and neuter these two
beautiful little cats have a brand new pick-up truck sitting in
their driveway.

If I understood you correctly one kitty's a boy and the other a
girl, right?

That's correct. I'm thinking the answer is to just cat nap the
babies, take them down the street to our vet and have them
spayed/neutered ourselves. Of course, I'll have to do it on the
sly.....it wouldn't be the first time I footed the bill to have
neighbor cats altered. Of course there is always the pesky
inconvenience of having to explain to the DH where that extra money
disappeared to. But hey.....we're in love, and I have my ways of
getting around that sort of trouble g

Legally you can't do that. Those cats aren't strays. You could find
yourself in a world of hurt if you cat-nap them and have an unauthorized
medical procedure performed on them without the consent of the "owners".

Jill