Icarus Recovering

Old April 1st 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

Default Icarus Recovering

That is good news, CP. Hope Icarus continues to improve.

S.
---
"Cat Protector" wrote in message
I just saw Icarus last night and he's in better shape today than he was
yesterday. He saw and heard me and gave a meow and was purring and crawling
on me when his cage door was opened. This all lasted until we had to put
him up on the table and the vet did his thing. Icarus was given his meds,
and Dr. Pruitt checked his bladder, fed him via a syringe, and of course
pilled him. Icarus took it a lot better this time. The catheter is also
dripping on its own and Icarus has received plenty of IV fluids. The vet
said he should be overhydrated. After all the work was done the cone was
put back on his head and the vet put some water and a litterbox in the cage
and then put Icarus in there. Icarus isn't a happy camper but looks to be
much improved than he was over previous two days.

Old April 1st 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

I talked to the vet again today and he now has the catheter out and Icarus
is producing urine and emptying his bladder. If all goes well he'll most
likely be cleared to come home tomorrow. It would be a great birthday gift
for me as my day is on Wednesday.

. ..

Old April 2nd 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

I visited Icarus today and he's doing much better. The vet says he's eating
all his food and producing urine. The vet says that if all things check out
he'll be released to go home tomorrow. It'll be the perfect birthday present
for me.

Old April 2nd 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
I visited Icarus today and he's doing much better. The vet says he's eating
all his food and producing urine. The vet says that if all things check out
he'll be released to go home tomorrow. It'll be the perfect birthday
present for me.

Happy Birthday, CP and hoping that Icarus can come home and help you
celebrate!!

Bonnie

Old April 2nd 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Thanks. The only present I wanted was for him to be home with us.

news:xtCdnaCb9NttE27anZ2dnUVZ_tWtnZ2d@pacificinter net...

Old April 2nd 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"22brix" wrote in message
news:xtCdnaCb9NttE27anZ2dnUVZ_tWtnZ2d@pacificinter net...

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
I visited Icarus today and he's doing much better. The vet says he's
eating all his food and producing urine. The vet says that if all things
check out he'll be released to go home tomorrow. It'll be the perfect
birthday present for me.

Happy Birthday, CP and hoping that Icarus can come home and help you
celebrate!!

Absolutely! Hope you both have a great day.

Old April 2nd 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Thanks. I'm absolutely anxious for him to come home.

Old April 6th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh>\o\

On Mar 31, 9:57*pm, "Cat Protector" wrote:
I just saw Icarus last night and he's in better shape today than he was
yesterday. He saw and heard me and gave a meow and was purring and crawling
on me when his cage door was opened. This all lasted until we had to put him
up on the table and the vet did his thing. Icarus was given his meds, and
Dr. Pruitt checked his bladder, fed him via a syringe, and of course pilled
him. Icarus took it a lot better this time. The catheter is also dripping on
its own and Icarus has received plenty of IV fluids. The vet said he should
be overhydrated. After all the work was done the cone was put back on his
head and the vet put some water and a litterbox in the cage and then put
Icarus in there. Icarus isn't a happy camper but looks to be much improved
than he was over previous two days.

Fantastic news. It's all going in the right direction.
Best Wishe's, & Leg Rub's Purr's en route,
Sheelagh
Old April 6th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Actually, Icarus is home now and recovering. He's producing urine but not
really crazy about eating this morning. I had to add tuna water to his food.
I guess when he gets hungry enough he'll eat without too much coaxing.