Do you collect cat items?

Old May 20th 12, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Do you collect cat items?

On May 19, 4:05*pm, Bastette wrote:
snipped
.. Another time
I bought a larger candle holder, ceramic, that's of a group of cats
sitting in a circle, facing the center, where a glass candle holder
can hold a tea light or votive candle. I thought it was adorable
when I bought it, but over the years it just seems more and more odd.
No cats in the real world would ever do this!

snipped
--
Joyce

I had to pop in out of Lurkland and tell you this one: My cats really
*did*
do exactly this. Once.
I got up and found all five cats sitting in a perfect circle, around a
cloth shopping bag.
They seriously looked like they were having a meeting. I thought "Oh,
they've
chased a cricket under that bag." I snatched up the bag and found a
coiled-up
snake underneath. :-) Talk about getting your blood pressure going
first thing in the a.m.!

On thread topic: I do have a lot of cat things, mostly given to me as
gifts; but some
I've bought, and I have a cheap ceramic figurine of a kitten in a
chair that I've
had since I was probably 6 years old.

Sherry
Old May 20th 12, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Another time I bought a larger candle holder, ceramic, that's of
a group of cats sitting in a circle, facing the center, where a
glass candle holder can hold a tea light or votive candle. I
thought it was adorable when I bought it, but over the years it
just seems more and more odd. No cats in the real world would
ever do this!

My cats really *did* do exactly this. Once.
I got up and found all five cats sitting in a perfect circle, around
a cloth shopping bag. They seriously looked like they were having
a meeting. I thought "Oh, they've chased a cricket under that bag."
I snatched up the bag and found a coiled-up snake underneath.

I've seen ours having a "committee meeting" twice. On one occasion
it was because they'd chased a budgerigar under a pile of timber where
they couldn't get it. The other time, they were gathered round our
lodger's shoes. I didn't understand why. He found out next morning
when his toes hit the dead vole.

Maybe Joyce's scene would make sense if the candle was scented with
mouse.

Old May 20th 12, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Sherry wrote:

I bought a larger candle holder, ceramic, that's of a group of cats
sitting in a circle, facing the center, where a glass candle holder
can hold a tea light or votive candle. I thought it was adorable
when I bought it, but over the years it just seems more and more odd.
No cats in the real world would ever do this!

I had to pop in out of Lurkland and tell you this one: My cats really
*did* do exactly this. Once.
I got up and found all five cats sitting in a perfect circle, around a
cloth shopping bag.
They seriously looked like they were having a meeting. I thought "Oh,
they've
chased a cricket under that bag." I snatched up the bag and found a
coiled-up
snake underneath. :-) Talk about getting your blood pressure going
first thing in the a.m.!

Yikes!

Maybe I should put a little mouse figure where the candle should go.

--
Joyce

Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living
creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of
worthless human lives. -- Albert Schweitzer
Old May 20th 12, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Jack Campin wrote:

I've seen ours having a "committee meeting" twice. On one occasion
it was because they'd chased a budgerigar under a pile of timber where
they couldn't get it. The other time, they were gathered round our
lodger's shoes. I didn't understand why. He found out next morning
when his toes hit the dead vole.

Maybe Joyce's scene would make sense if the candle was scented with
mouse.

Actually, a small figure of a coiled snake would make a good candle
holder.

Old May 21st 12, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_3_]

"ann791" wrote in message
I have a collection of cat figures. DH usually buys me them. He even bought
me one for the garden that looks like a cat sitting. I have some earrings
that are cats and a pretty pendant of a cat.

Ann

I do, some handmade folk-art type figures, artwork, and jewelry. I also have
a nice handbag and some shirts that were gifts.

Old May 21st 12, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
ann791 wrote:
I have a collection of cat figures. DH usually buys me them. He even
bought me one for the garden that looks like a cat sitting. I have some
earrings that are cats and a pretty pendant of a cat.

Ann

I have a small collection of cat ornaments bough for me as gifts from
various people. I have bought a set of cat mugs, plates, teapot, milk
jug,sugar bowl and biscuit tin. I buy a lot of cat greetings cards, I
can't resist them, unfortunately I have realised that I should actually
send them to my friends who love cats. A shame really.

Judith

I have several mugs with cats on. What I would like, and probably will get
one day, is a life size bronze cat.

--
Adrian
Old May 21st 12, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Adrian" wrote in message
Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
ann791 wrote:
I have a collection of cat figures. DH usually buys me them. He even
bought me one for the garden that looks like a cat sitting. I have some
earrings that are cats and a pretty pendant of a cat.

Ann

I have a small collection of cat ornaments bough for me as gifts from
various people. I have bought a set of cat mugs, plates, teapot, milk
jug,sugar bowl and biscuit tin. I buy a lot of cat greetings cards, I
can't resist them, unfortunately I have realised that I should actually
send them to my friends who love cats. A shame really.

Judith

I have several mugs with cats on. What I would like, and probably will get
one day, is a life size bronze cat.

--
Adrian

I really don't collect cat things, but besides the earrings and calendar I
mentioned earlier, I do have a couple of cat T-shirts, including one that
used to be the official afpf T-shirt. I also have a cat mug.

--
Joy

You can observe a lot by just watching. -- Yogi Berra

Old May 22nd 12, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"news" wrote in message

"ann791" wrote in message
I have a collection of cat figures. DH usually buys me them. He even
bought me one for the garden that looks like a cat sitting. I have some
earrings that are cats and a pretty pendant of a cat.

Ann

I do, some handmade folk-art type figures, artwork, and jewelry. I also
have a nice handbag and some shirts that were gifts.

Oh! I forgot about something a friend sent me shortly after Persia demanded
I let her inside back in 2001. It's a wooden folk-art piece shaped like a
cat. I have it hanging from a doorknob. On the front: "I came, I purred, I
conquered". That's exactly what Persia did Quite appropos.

Jill

Old May 22nd 12, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 05/19/2012 02:33 PM, MLB wrote:
On 05/19/2012 01:23 PM, ann791 wrote:
I have a collection of cat figures. DH usually buys me them. He even
bought me one for the garden that looks like a cat sitting. I have some
earrings that are cats and a pretty pendant of a cat.

Ann

I have about a half dozen figurines.
Two are very old: about 100 yrs and 8o years -- they werer my mother's.
The other few were gifts. Nothing reaiky valuable though. MLB

After thinking again, I reaiuzed I have more cat objects than I thought:
quite a few mugs, two wall plates, a cat spoon rest (also used as a
wall hanging) and a cat hpt plate. However, most of these were gifts. MLB
Old May 22nd 12, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sat, 19 May 2012 15:23:03 -0400, ann791 wrote:

I have a collection of cat figures. DH usually buys me them. He even
bought me one for the garden that looks like a cat sitting. I have some
earrings that are cats and a pretty pendant of a cat.

Ann

I don't buy many cat items (except for stuff the cats might like) but
as with other folks here, I get quite a few as gifts. For some reason
my friends and family think that I might want more cat items. They are
cute, but I'm old enough now to be trying to get rid of stuff, not
accumulate more.