Census. Please respond.

Old June 6th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Census. Please respond.

As Kyla pointed out, its been a long time since we did a census here in
RPCA.

So, here's the census questions (all are, naturally, entirely voluntary and
you don't have to answer all of them). They're in three sections: current
cats, cats that are no longer with us, and about us.

(Please note that if you don't want to put your individual details up on the
group, but would like to have you data included in the final compilation,
you can e-mail me (remove the spam trap). I promise not to publish any data
that can be traced back to any one individual)
~~~

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Name:
Gender: (use a star to indicate intactness. ie, a breeding queen would be
female*)
Breed: (DSH, for example)
Colour: (eg, tabby & white)
Age: (if unsure, indicate a 'best guess' with a star eg, "about four" would
be 4*)
Source of cat: Just turned up one day and declared the place home,
neighbourhood stray, given to you, adopted from shelter, adopted from pet
shop, adopted from breeder etc etc

~ ~ ~

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel free
to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe (Rainbow Bridge, Missing in Action, Rehomed, Unknown etc)
Name:
Gender: (use a star to indicate intactness. ie, a breeding queen would be
female*)
Breed: (DSH, for example)
Colour: (eg, tabby & white)
Source of cat: Just turned up one day and declared the place home,
neighbourhood stray, given to you, adopted from shelter, adopted from pet
shop, adopted from breeder etc etc
Age if went to RB:
Cause of going to RB (if known):

~ ~ ~

About us:

Gender:
Your age: (in 5-year bands,14 or less, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39,
etc etc)
Birthday month:
Location (state, country):
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment:
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time:
How long have you been with RPCA?:
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?:

~ ~ ~

feel free to add any other interesting data points if you like.

Eventually I will compile the results into a set of interesting statistics
(eg, something like "most people here own 2-3 cats, the most poular cats are
DSH tabbies and tuxedos, most of us are between 35 and 60, scorpios seem to
own the most cats, and most of our cats got RB because of CRF at around the
age of 16 or so. This is what I hope will be included in FAQ looks at
Mark)

Yowie

Old June 6th 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Yowie wrote:
As Kyla pointed out, its been a long time since we did a census here
in RPCA.

So, here's the census questions (all are, naturally, entirely
voluntary and you don't have to answer all of them). They're in three
sections: current cats, cats that are no longer with us, and about us.

(Please note that if you don't want to put your individual details up
on the group, but would like to have you data included in the final
compilation, you can e-mail me (remove the spam trap). I promise not
to publish any data that can be traced back to any one individual)
~~~

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Name: Persia
Breed: Mutt cat (vet's best guess Meezer)
Colour: Grey with bright green/gold eyes
Age: approximately 8-10
Source of cat: Just turned up one day and declared the place home.

She didn't just show up, she yowled at the back door. She *demanded* to be
let inside. She looked around the place, said "okay" and the rest is
history

Jill

Old June 6th 08, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Name: Suki
Gender: male (but I thinkofher as female)
Breed: DMH
Colour: 100% white with blue eyes
Age: 18 months
Source of cat: From Freecycle as previous owner's son moved back in and was
allergic to cats.
Suki is the brother of Pickle

Name: Pickle
Gender: male
Breed: DSH
Colour: 99.99% white, a few black hairs on top of his head.
Age: 18 months
Source of cat: From Freecycle as previous owner's son moved back in and was
allergic to cats.
Pickle is the brother of Suki

Name: Shadow
Gender: female
Breed: Persian cross (or so says her vet card)
Colour: 100 % white.
Age: 2*
Source of cat: Advertised on BB at work. Was left abandoned in an apartment
~ ~ ~

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel free
to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe Rainbow Bridge
Name: Shmoggleberry
Gender: male
Breed: DSH
Colour: Grey ticked tabby
Source of cat: Just turned up one day and declared the place home
Age if went to RB: About 17
Cause of going to RB (if known): CRF

Whe Rehomed
Name: IBKFergus
Gender: female
Breed: DSH
Colour: Black with random flecks of white
Source of cat: Feral cat adopted from work

~ ~ ~

About us:

Gender: Female
Your age: 35-39
Birthday month: July
Location: NSW, Australia
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 3
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 3
How long have you been with RPCA?: 12 years or so
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: browsing newsgroups

Yowie

Old June 6th 08, 09:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Yowie wrote:
~~~

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Name: Redunzel and Sarrasine
Gender: (use a star to indicate intactness. ie, a breeding queen would be
female*) Both female
Breed: (DSH, for example) Moggie
Colour: (eg, tabby & white) Black
Age: (if unsure, indicate a 'best guess' with a star eg, "about four" would
be 4*) 5
Source of cat: Just turned up one day and declared the place home,
neighbourhood stray, given to you, adopted from shelter, adopted from pet
shop, adopted from breeder etc etc- Got them from a lady who was feeding a prgenant stray

~ ~ ~

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel free
to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe (Rainbow Bridge, Missing in Action, Rehomed, Unknown etc) All RB (Speedy Joe was MIA but as that was 26 years ago I assume he's RB)
Name: Fugazi, Isis and Speedy Joe
Gender: (use a star to indicate intactness. ie, a breeding queen would be
female*) The first two were female, Speedy Joe was male
Breed: (DSH, for example) Moggies
Colour: (eg, tabby & white) The female were tabby, Speedy Joe was a tuxcedo
Source of cat: Just turned up one day and declared the place home,
neighbourhood stray, given to you, adopted from shelter, adopted from pet
shop, adopted from breeder etc etc Both from friend
Age if went to RB: Fugazi 12, Isis 16, Speedy Joe MIA aged 4
Cause of going to RB (if known): Cancer, old age, not known

~ ~ ~

About us:

Gender: Female
Your age: (in 5-year bands,14 or less, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39,
etc etc) 50
Birthday month: November
Location (state, country): London, UK
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 2
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time:2
How long have you been with RPCA?: 2-3 years
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: By accident

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 6th 08, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
skinnysteve

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:54:41 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

[...]

bandito neuterd male DSH tuxedo 4 alley stray
Old June 6th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Harley_Davidson Till_the_End

Name: Rainy Boy, Little Blackie, Luvy, Snowflke

Gender:male, male,female, male
Breed: all strays

Colour: Rainy-tabby-blackis-black-luvy-black-snowflake-white

Age: Rainy--8--blackie--3---luvy--7--snowflake--unknown

Source of cat: Rainy--showed up had wound on face--blackie--showed up a
starving kitten--luvy--found her n my garage, had
kittens---snowflake--former owner died,he was turned out
~ ~ ~

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel
free to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe At Bridge
Name: Yes & Little one
Gender: both neutered male
Breed strays
Colour:yes-black, little one--orange & white

Source of cat: Yes-just turned up as kitten & fed him, little one same
was a stray

Age if went to RB: yes three, little one--2
Cause of going to RB : yes--had have him put down as he was a killer,
other cats scared to death of him also he would attack me & bite ,
little one-- car got him
~ ~ ~

About us:

Gender:make
Your age: 60
Birthday month: nov
Location (state, country):
Number of cats, 4

seven years:
~ ~ ~
feel free to add any other interesting data points if you like.

Michael Lane

He wore black denim trousers and motorcycle boots And a black leather
jacket with an eagle on the back He had a hopped-up 'cicle that took off
like a gun That fool was the terror of Highway 101

Old June 6th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Yowie wrote:
Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Is it ok to email you an excel spreadsheet? It seems more practical.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 6th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Name: Spooky
Gender: M
Breed: DSH
Colour: tabby/white
Age: 21*
Source of cat: came to dinner and stayed (Oct 1992)

Name: Fluffy
Gender: F
Breed: barn cat (long hair)
Colour: white/black
Age: 16
Source of cat: co-worker's clowder population explosion

Name: Millie (Millicent)
Gender: F
Breed: barn cat (long hair)
Colour: appricot
Age: 7
Source of cat: barn cat clowder cull

Name: Ozy (Ozymandias)
Gender: M
Breed: barn cat (short hair)
Colour: red tabby colorpoint
Age: 7
Source of cat: same as Millie

Name: Avery
Gender: M
Breed: DSH
Colour: B/W
Age: 7
Source of cat: on-line ad for surplus kittens

Name: Mudpie
Gender: M
Breed: DSH
Colour: B/W (looks entirely black)
Age: 7
Source of cat: Avery's brother

Name: Fleagor
Gender: M
Breed: Main Coon Cat type
Colour: gray
Age: 7*
Source of cat: showed up on my boss' doorstep

Name: Dandy
Gender: M
Breed: DSH
Colour: red tabby and white
Age: 6
Source of cat: rescued - abandoned

Name: Maryweather
Gender: F
Breed: DSH
Colour: calico
Age: 6
Source of cat: Dandy's sister - rescued

Name: Tigger
Gender: M
Breed: DSH
Colour: tabby/white
Age: 11*
Source of cat: "moving and can't take him" - he has been abandoned and
taken in several times. He's been with me about half his life.

Name: Snowball
Gender: F
Breed: DSH
Colour: White
Age: 6*
Source of cat: Another "moving and can't take her" case

Name: CJ
Gender: M
Breed: mixed long hair
Colour: B/W
Age: 5*
Source of cat: human alergic to cats

Name: Brunhilde (Hilde)
Gender: F
Breed: DSH
Colour: red tabby
Age: 2
Source of cat: advertised on-line (they didn't spay the mother in time)

Name: Sieglinde (Chubby)
Gender: F
Breed: DSH
Colour: red tabby
Age: 2
Source of cat: sister to Hilde

Name: Siegmund (Curly)
Gender: M
Breed: DSH
Colour: red tabby
Age: 2
Source of cat: brother to Hilde and Chubby

About us:

Gender: M
Your age: 65
Birthday month: May
Location (state, country): Near Rolla MO USA
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 15
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 15
How did you find RPCA?: searched usenet groups list for ".cat"

--
T.E.D. )

Old June 6th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Name: Stinky
Gender: male, neutered
Breed: Shorthair mutt cat
Colour: Bicolor, black and white, with high white
Age: 17 years
Source of cat: New York City subway

Name: Dante
Gender: male, neutered
Breed: shorthair, mutt
Color: tuxedo, with black face
Age: 2 years, ten months
Source of Cat: Kitty Kind cat rescue

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel
free
to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe Rainbow Bridge
Name: Mimi
Gender: female, spayed
Breed: shorthair mutt
Colour: tuxedo
Source of cat: North Shore Animal League
Age if went to RB: 14
Cause of going to RB (if known): CRF

About us:

Gender: Female
Your age: 40s
Birthday month: September
Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 2
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 2
How long have you been with RPCA?: 4 or 5 years
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: browsing newsgroups

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 6th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

Current cat

Name: Sonny (named by previous owner because he loves the sun)
Gender: male
Breed: DSH
Colour: tuxedo black & white
Age: 6ish
Source of cat: He didn't like where he lived so he charmed us for 2
months until we let him in and eventually fed him. Found out he lived a
few houses away and his owner agreed we could have him since he
preferred us to them (they were working long hours). Turns out he was
very lonely and needs people all the time.

cats that are no longer with us:

Whe Rainbow Bridge, all 6 of them
Name: Deek, Misty, Tuffy, Peaches, George, Joey
Gender: male, female, male, female, male, male
Breed: DSH
Colour: black, grey, grey tabby, peach, black, black
Source of cat: beside highway, shelter, home, shelter, home, pet shop
Age went to RB: 13, 19, 17, 2 months, 14, 12
Cause of going to RB: cancer, old age, kidneys, distemper, surgery on
teeth, urinary.

About us:

Gender: f
Your age: 59
Birthday month: Jan
Location (state, country): Ontario Canada
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment:1
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 3
How long have you been with RPCA?: about 3 years
How did you find RPCA?: surfing

Bobble