Two cats is better?

Old May 24th 04, 06:10 PM
Calculon

Frankly Jo, I don't think you should have to defend yourself.
Everything you do for Mollie seems to be in her best interest.

Mollie is lucky to have a friend who cares for her.

Cheers!

Now about the food you're feeding her... ;-)

On 16 Apr 2004 01:11:31 -0700, (Jo Damen)
wrote:

"Gee" wrote in message ...

Jo, I am sure and feel that you are not a bad person. I think everybody here
has realised that you really love Mollie and are doing your best to give
her a happy home. In fact from all your posts we can see you have made a lot
of changes in the house for her, and provided her with the best of
everything. We here love cats so much that we do tend to be trigger happy
and jump into assumptions and heavy words, even name calling, if we feel
someone is not treating the cats right, even a tiny bit. I know your head
got bitten off quite a bit, but you have taken the tame and love for Mollie
to explain your every point, and knowing your thoughts (and you) and your
love for cats a little more now, I can see that you are not doing anything
at all wrong. So appologies from my side for calling you selfish, I have
clearly misinterpreted your comment.

I'm from the UK, I guess you all do things a little bit differently in
the US!

As for locking the cat, come to think of it, all of us who have indoor cats
"lock" them in the house anyway. I guess when you first said it, we all just
imagined this tiny kitchen with nothing in there for your cat to do. Now
that we know you have created a little heaven there for your kitten, adn
also cat prooved it, I hope that everyone will agree that you have done a
great job, and protecting your kitten from harm in other areas of the flat
is of your first concern, which is really how every cat owner should be
thinking.

Exactly. There are so many cats and kittens out there who are poorly
treated, abused and even killed. So, really, what we do is nothing.

I hope that we have not upset you too much and that you will stay in the
group and give your input here in the future as well, and help newbies who
don;t know much about cats. I satarted off in a similar way and changed
quite a few of my opinions here, by reading what others say and think, and
getting advice, aslo learning more about cats and why they do what they do.
Now I mainly give advice, although occasionally I still run into problems
which I have no idea how to solve, so I just ask.

I must admit, after these last posts, I was reluctant to stay. I'm no
cat expert, and was hoping to be able to post here whenever I had
concerns, but I don't want to do that if I am going to be attacked for
everything I do!!

Finally wanted to say thank you for "arguing" your points like an adult. We
get far too many heads like Bob Brenchley and co, who the second you
disagree with him, will call you names, and I don;t mean words like
"selfish". That would too far too mild for him to use. He goes all the way.
If you stay you'll get to meet him-and killfile him shortly after, we all
did.

Best wishes to your and Mollie, and don;t let this experience make you feel
bad, cos you have prooven us wrong. Idealy we'd all be rich with 7 bedroom
houses and big fenced up garden for our cats to roam without getting out.
But life is not ideal, so like you said, we all try to do the best we can.
At the end of the day, we all love our cats, and really are here for their
benefit. Enjoy the kittenhood. It flyies away too quickly

Gee

If I could guarantee that she would come to no harm, she would be
allowed to go wherever she wanted!!

I'm sorry if I got defensive at any point, but you all really did make
me feel very bad. It was frustrating, because there is nothing I can
do about the situation.

Thank you very much for understanding. If anyone wants to see Mollie,
let me know, and I'll email a pic. I'm very proud of my little baby
)