IAMS CAT FOOD ?

Old July 19th 04, 02:58 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...

Anyone who loves cats and dogs MUST visit iamscruelty.com and send an
email to Iams and tell them to stop testing on poor kitties and
puppies!!!

From IAMS web site
http://www.iamsco.com/en_US/jhtmls/i...n_US&bc=C&ai=5

Please keep in mind two things.
1. P&G owns IAMS. Whether or not IAMS specifically abuses animals makes
no difference if P&G as a whole continues to do so.
2. What a company states in policy can often be far from the truth.
This article is a little outdated, but shows how companies can skew
stats to make it seem like they are better than they are.
http://www.wesleyan.edu/argus/mar3001/w2.html

Also keep in mind that when a company says it follows government
guidelines that the government guidelines for animal welfare still suck
ass.

All companies are getting better in regards to the whole animal welfare
issue, including P&G, but only because enough vocal people pressured
them to do so. If we relax pressure, they'll stop improving.
In general, I think PETA is a bunch of morons, but they *do* help to get
things done sometimes.

~kaeli~
Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid
someone will clean them?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old July 20th 04, 08:00 PM
Steve Crane

kaeli wrote in message . ..
In general, I think PETA is a bunch of morons, but they *do* help to get
things done sometimes.

It will be very interesting if one of the radical arsonists PETA has
funded in one way or another, turns out to be responsible for the two
fires at the IAMS manufacturing plant in Ohio!

From the Consumer Freedom website

Animal Rights Leaders Predict Violence, Death
The cast of characters at the recently concluded "Animal Rights 2004"
convention including a tenured university professor, a self-described
ocean-going pirate, and a husband-and-wife team seemingly dedicated to
"animal liberation" by any means necessary. Meet Jerry Vlasak and his
wife Pamelyn Ferdin, both of whom have close connections to PETA's
quasi-medical front group, the Physicians Committee for Responsible
Medicine (PCRM).

Vlasak has been arrested several times, and urges others to "get
arrested." Referring to a violent subset of the terrorist Animal
Liberation Front (ALF), he described himself during the convention as
"heavily involved in the SHAC campaign." And then, in a stunning
comment, Vlasak predicted a particularly violent future for his social
movement: It won't ruin our movement if someone gets killed in an
animal rights action. It's going to happen sooner or later. The Animal
Liberation Front, the Earth Liberation Front - sooner or later there's
going to be someone getting hurt. And we have to accept that fact.
It's going to happen. It's not going to hurt our movement. Our
movement will go on. And it's important that we not let the bully
pulpit of the FBI and the other oppression agencies stop us from what
we're doing. They are the violent ones. They are the terrorists ... we
have to keep doing what we're doing. At last year's "Animal Rights
2003" event, Vlasak specifically advocated the murder of doctors who
use animals in their research, saying: "I don't think you'd have to
kill -- assassinate -- too many ... I think for 5 lives, 10 lives, 15
human lives, we could save a million, 2 million, 10 million non-human
lives."

Vlasak has represented PCRM on issues of animal testing. He writes for
PCRM's magazine, and is identified in the magazine as "PCRM's Jerry
Vlasak." In a February 2002 press release, Vlasak is called a "PCRM
spokesperson."

Pamelyn Ferdin is an aging B-movie actress best known as the voice of
the bossy Lucy Van Pelt on the "Peanuts" television specials. Vlasak
and Ferdin are both officers of the Animal Defense League Los Angeles
(ADL), which made headlines last year for waging an all-out holy war
(including aggressive, at-home protests) against the Los Angeles
bureaucrat in charge of the city's animal shelters. Ferdin told Animal
Rights 2004 convention-goers: We want to make people who walk down to
a park, or walk their animals who are unaltered feel ashamed, feel
humiliated, that they dare have a companion animal who is unaltered
when there are thousands being killed in our city shelters because of
this problem. In addition to her affiliation with ADL, Ferdin carries
a PCRM business card. Amazingly, it identifies PCRM's business address
as the same location in Santa Monica, California where ADL receives
its mail.

A look at ADL's board of directors fleshes out the bigger picture. In
addition to Vlasak and Ferdin, its officers include Gary Yourofsky, a
convicted Animal Liberation Front felon who openly advocates arson and
murder. Yourofsky's most recent job was indoctrinating middle-school
and high-school children on behalf of PETA. Also on ADL's board is
Allison Lance Watson, the wife of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
pirate Paul Watson. When she is tried later this year, she will face
five years in prison for lying to a federal grand jury about her
possible role in a 2001 ALF arson. Jerry Vlasak is also Sea Shepherd's
treasurer.