Poetic Justice - A judge who loves animals

Old November 18th 05, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Poetic Justice - A judge who loves animals

On 18 Nov 2005 05:26:10 GMT, yodeled:

Prozack wrote:

ShirleyB wrote:
Anybody see the below from ABC News? I love it!

I'm going to be super nice about this...
but this is not justice...
It's called stooping to someone else's level

This one does seem a bit... impulsive. We all want to mete out eye-
for-an-eye punishments, and at first it seems satisfying to think
about. But when it comes to actually doing it, I don't believe it
really creates justice. Usually it just breeds hatred and escalates
the problem.

Now, the sentence where he required bunch of teenagers who'd vandalized
a schoolbus to organize a picnic for some grade school kids - that was
a brilliant idea. The grade school kids in question didn't get to go on
their school picnic because of the vandalism. That seems like a really
good, constructive sentence, it makes a reparation to the victims, and
if the teenagers are open to learning, it could teach them a lesson on
the consequences of seemingly harmless pranks.

Why didn't he order this woman to spend 90 days volunteer work in an
animal shelter, doing nothing but cleaning out kitty litter boxes?

Joyce

I don't think that would do much except foster a resentment of cats.
I really doubt that you can teach people responsibility that way, if
they don't have it in the first place.

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 18th 05, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

ShirleyB wrote:

Anybody see the below from ABC News? I love it!

A judge after the "Mikado's" own heart! (For non-G&S fans,
he's the one who sings about "making the punishment fit the
crime" in that operetta.)

Woman Ordered to Spend Night in Woods for Abandoning Kittens
http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=1322751

Old November 18th 05, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:

You are right. It would only be justice if it were for several months.
And she was a baby. People who do this HAVE NO CONCEPT. But one night,
you are right, is not justice.

Have you noticed we have suddenly acquired about a dozen
posters who would obviously be happier in some other
newsgroup, and seem bent upon destroying the community we
have always had here? My suggestions for your kill-files:

neverhirelocalmen
No More Retail
Prozack

whitershadeofpale
cybercat

Coldshot
-L.

There are others who aren't always the most considerazte of
posters, but I doubt any of us would miss any of those I've
listed!

Old November 18th 05, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Karen wrote:

You are right. It would only be justice if it were for several months.
And she was a baby. People who do this HAVE NO CONCEPT. But one night,
you are right, is not justice.

Have you noticed we have suddenly acquired about a dozen
posters who would obviously be happier in some other
newsgroup, and seem bent upon destroying the community we
have always had here? My suggestions for your kill-files:

neverhirelocalmen
No More Retail
Prozack

whitershadeofpale
cybercat

Coldshot
-L.

There are others who aren't always the most considerazte of
posters, but I doubt any of us would miss any of those I've
listed!

you forgot "Scratch" you dumbass!

Old November 19th 05, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

My suggestions for your kill-files:

No More Retail

He's not a troll! He's new to the group from my perspective, having
been gone a while and just returned, but I can see that he's not here
to cause trouble. (I apologize, "Retail", but I don't know your name. )

Megan can have a harsh style of expressing her opinion, but she's
certainly no troll.

Joyce

Old November 19th 05, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

My real name Joyce is Matthew
thank you for the no troll comment you are right very new joined a few
weeks after the hurricanes
let them do what every they want All he did was get added to mine

Old November 19th 05, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

There are others who aren't always the most considerazte of
posters, but I doubt any of us would miss any of those I've
listed!

Hi I'm new here...

If I'm reading this right, I think the simplest thing to do in dealing
with these
alleged trolls...

getcha self and enima! a big hot enima! and go take a big back woods
****!

YULE FEEL SO MUCH BETTER

If you do it right, you might even pass that bug UP YOUR ASS!

Old November 19th 05, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

ROFLMAO

Welcome to the group

Old November 19th 05, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

No More Retail wrote:
ROFLMAO

Welcome to the group

Well Thank You!