Before commercial cat food.....

Old October 11th 03, 06:59 PM
GAUBSTER2

Echoing Phil and Steve again. What was I saying about original
statements????

Hey, when you're right, you're right. If you would try being right once in
awhile, I may even agree w/ you!

Wow. I think I'm pretty much right about something every day. I'll go
check, though.

LOL! That may very well be, but perhaps you would like to showcase how right
you are on this ng sometime?
Old October 14th 03, 01:34 AM
-L.

(Liz) wrote in message . com...
I think we would all benefit to know what was it that you learned in
advanced micro and invertebrate zoology that made you adverse to
feeding raw.

Pathogenic bacteria, viruses, fungi and protozoans. Doesn't take a
neuroscientist to figure it out.

And which pathogenic microorganisms are these?

Hundreds of thousands of species.

Is cooking the only way
to get rid of them?

No, but in many cases, it helps.

How about freezing?

Ditto.

Do you have an autoclave at home to cook your food? Do you
pressure-cook *everything* you eat for 20 minutes or more?

I didn't say I advocated eating STERILE food, just that eating RAW
meat isn't really the smartest idea in the world. You wanna
experiment on your animals, go ahead. No skin off my teeth.

Including
fruits? Do you autoclave your boyfriend´s mouth when you kiss him too?

I don't have a boyfriend.

You never know what he has been putting into his mouth.

This may be a problem for you...

During that course, did they mention the fauna you have
in your mouth, nose, skin, guts, etc.?

What does that have to do with *anything*?

Everything. Try shooting a sample of microorganisms from your guts
into your blood and see how non-pathogenic organisms become
pathogenic.

It still has nothing to do with eating raw meat vs. not. You want to
ingest a bunch of meat covered in godonlyknowswhat, go ahead. Just
proves how stupid you really are.

-L.

Old October 14th 03, 03:07 PM
Liz

And which pathogenic microorganisms are these?

Hundreds of thousands of species.

Exactly. And they are literally everywhere. The equation pathogen +
host = disease is hardly ever true. If it were true more often than
not, life would not have evolved past the first parasite. I suppose
you still haven´t had immunology. That equation is not a simple one.
There are many variables you have to consider regarding the pathogen
(e.g., virulence) and a truckload of variables regarding the host.

I didn't say I advocated eating STERILE food, just that eating RAW
meat isn't really the smartest idea in the world. You wanna
experiment on your animals, go ahead. No skin off my teeth.

I have been giving raw to my animals for 25 years, never had a
problem. I eat raw meat myself and never had a problem. Did you ever
try Carpaccio or Sushi? I guess not.. Besides, I like my steak very
rare. Now guess how many times I had food poisoning in my life? Never
did. Perhaps you should try to meet someone who had food poisoning and
ask how it happened. IMO, most cases are related to eating out. So I
believe it would be wiser for you to never eat out again than to avoid
raw.

If you are going to get paranoid about everything you learn in vet
school, you´re better off taking business administration or
accounting. Students of medicine have the highest suicide rate among
all college students. I wonder where veterinary students stand in that
rating. Maybe it´s just not for you.

CARPACCIO

Carpaccio was invented in 1961 at Harry's Bar in Venice, Italy. It was
named for the Renaissance painter Vittore Carpaccio who was noted for
his use of red in his paintings. Thin sliced raw beef served with a
cold vinaigrette made with olive oil, or just olive oil and lemon
juice (and sometimes Parmesan cheese). Generally served on a bed of
greens such as watercresss, endive, arugula and/or radicchio.
Originally the beef was seared quickly, and the seared portion then
trimmed off before slicing.

Old October 14th 03, 05:14 PM
Philip ®

In om,
Liz being of bellicose mind posted:
And which pathogenic microorganisms are these?

Hundreds of thousands of species.

Exactly. And they are literally everywhere. The equation pathogen +
host = disease is hardly ever true. If it were true more often than
not, life would not have evolved past the first parasite. I suppose
you still haven´t had immunology. That equation is not a simple
one. There are many variables you have to consider regarding the
pathogen (e.g., virulence) and a truckload of variables regarding
the host.

The rule of interdependent variables.

[...]

Interesting observation. I have heard this truth about med students
for over 25 yrs. To this, you can add dentists as having the highest
mortality rate of all accomplished physicians. Average life
expectancy is 57 yrs. Could it be all those foul misaligned teeth or
.... is there something about looking in people's nostrils that does
'em in? ;-)
--

~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"

Old October 15th 03, 12:59 AM
Liz

"Philip ®" wrote in message
Interesting observation. I have heard this truth about med students
for over 25 yrs. To this, you can add dentists as having the highest
mortality rate of all accomplished physicians. Average life
expectancy is 57 yrs. Could it be all those foul misaligned teeth or
... is there something about looking in people's nostrils that does
'em in? ;-)

I heard that from my dentist. I wonder what are their most frequent
causes of death... ?