Before commercial cat food.....

Old October 15th 03, 08:40 PM
Liz

Yes, I've seen a lot of people with sick animals post in this newsgroup, and
unfortunately quite a few seem too young to have these diseases. As to 20+
year old cats, we have some in my raw diet group. These are cats that have
been on a raw diet long term.

Lauren

I was looking up posts of people who mention cats older than 20 and
found this:

I was watching Guiness Book of World Records show on TV last night.
(okay, I admit I got sucked in by the preview of a man squirting milk
from his eye) They had a segment on a cat named Grandpa that was
reported to be 34 yo when he died. He said that the kitty liked to
drink coffee and eat eggs and bacon for breakfast. The guy that
Grandpa owned even had a little funeral for him, make shift casket and
all and he had video of the other cats going up to Grandpa and paying
their respects. I don't know the breed of the cat but it was of a
hairless variety. Wow is all I can say, I can't imagine having Dusty
around for 34 years. This guy had like 20 cats I think and he has one
now that just celebrated her 29th birthday. (cake with a candle and
all!) Did anyone else see this or was I in a TV induced stupor after
seeing milk shoot out of a mans eye, or make that 2 men, he had a
challenger!?

Nope, it was real!
That 29 year old cat sure looked good! I've seen aged cats before and
they don't usually look that healthy.
The show said that Grampa was a hairless Rex, but I think he may
actually be a Sphinx.
Deb

Eggs, bacon and coffee for breakfast and lived to be 34 years old...
And it seems this record was not yet broken. And the same guy has
another one who just turned 29. I suppose he also feeds this one eggs,
bacon and coffee for breakfast. Makes you think, doesn´t it?
Old October 15th 03, 09:54 PM
PawsForThought

From: (Liz)

[...]

LOL, it does I had thought I heard that Grandpa ate a lot of broccoli, or
that might have been another long lived cat.
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Old October 15th 03, 09:54 PM
PawsForThought

Old October 16th 03, 04:07 PM
kaeli

In article , darnit7
@aol.comnolitter enlightened us with...

Oh yeah, I forgot about Wysong. I think they are completely different from any
commercial pet food company I've ever seen.
________

I actually found some Wysong at the Whole Foods near me. The cats
wouldn't touch it. LOL

Pro Plan finally came out with wet food - the only other wet the kids
will eat besides that horrible Fancy Feast. We've tried every brand I
could find. That's all they like. *sigh*

~kaeli~
Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu
thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace