Anna firefeet

Old January 15th 04, 10:11 PM
Debra Berry

Default Anna firefeet

It has been way too cold outside, which makes it
dry and full of static inside. Anna is my
long haired, black and white kitty. She has
big and furry paws. Last night she was walking
across my fleece blanket in the dark and the
sparks coming from her feet were amazing to see.
She didn't seem to feel the shocks through all
that fur.

Debbie Berry
Old January 15th 04, 11:22 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:11:33 -0500, Debra Berry
wrote:

It has been way too cold outside, which makes it
dry and full of static inside. Anna is my
long haired, black and white kitty. She has
big and furry paws. Last night she was walking
across my fleece blanket in the dark and the
sparks coming from her feet were amazing to see.
She didn't seem to feel the shocks through all
that fur.

Debbie Berry

You need to add humidity. If you cannot afford a humidifier, try
placing some pans of water around. Your cat probably will drink out
of them. Adding plants also helps (if you remember to water thrm).
Old January 16th 04, 12:16 AM
Hopitus2

Hee hee....while stumbling around at night in relative's house in Denver
visits, suffering shocks from metal light fixtures and doorknobs (I soon
learned how to walk like a high-stepping drum major and not shuffle my feet
on the carpet) I often wondered what would happen if they were not allergic
to pets and had some running inside in winter. Thanks for letting me know.
Couldn't find out from visiting their friends with pets, as none have
carpets and wood floors don't seem to pack the same electric punch for
shocking you. We do not experience any of this in high-humidity south FL,
even in winter. Poor pets.

"m. L. Briggs" wrote in message
: On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:11:33 -0500, Debra Berry
: wrote:
:
:

Old January 16th 04, 03:47 AM
Julie Cook

Debra Berry wrote:

It has been way too cold outside, which makes it
dry and full of static inside. Anna is my
long haired, black and white kitty. She has
big and furry paws. Last night she was walking
across my fleece blanket in the dark and the
sparks coming from her feet were amazing to see.
She didn't seem to feel the shocks through all
that fur.

Debbie Berry

Cool! I wonder if you could get a picture of the sparks? Recently I
reached out to pet Lacey and shocked her nose. It took her the entire
evening before she'd forgive me for it.
Julie

Old January 16th 04, 04:07 AM

Julie Cook wrote:

Recently I reached out to pet Lacey and shocked her nose. It took
her the entire evening before she'd forgive me for it.

Oh, isn't that frustrating? When I lived in a part of the country where
there were very cold and dry winters, I'd get a lot of static electricity,
and it seemed that every time my cat came over to me, I'd touch her and
give her a shock. Eventually she started flinching when I went to touch
her. It was kind of sad. I wanted to be able to explain to her that it
was an accident, and I didn't like it any more than she did!

Joyce
Old January 16th 04, 06:25 AM
Marina

wrote

Oh, isn't that frustrating? When I lived in a part of the country where
there were very cold and dry winters, I'd get a lot of static electricity,
and it seemed that every time my cat came over to me, I'd touch her and
give her a shock. Eventually she started flinching when I went to touch
her. It was kind of sad. I wanted to be able to explain to her that it
was an accident, and I didn't like it any more than she did!

This happens every day here at this time of year. Still, Frank comes up to
me when I put out my hand to him, but he flinches all the way and then he
touches his nose to my hand and gets shocked. Poor baby. Yet, he won't stop
touching his nose to my hand, though he knows he will be shocked. Nikki
doesn't seem to get as electric.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 21st 04, 01:20 AM
OU812?

Julie Cook wrote:
Debra Berry wrote:

It has been way too cold outside, which makes it
dry and full of static inside. Anna is my
long haired, black and white kitty. She has
big and furry paws. Last night she was walking
across my fleece blanket in the dark and the
sparks coming from her feet were amazing to see.
She didn't seem to feel the shocks through all
that fur.

Debbie Berry

Cool! I wonder if you could get a picture of the sparks? Recently I
reached out to pet Lacey and shocked her nose. It took her the entire
evening before she'd forgive me for it.
Julie

hehe.. Possum LIKES the sparks i think. He's quite fluffy also and when i
pet him we both get shocked, but he keeps coming back for more!!

Kristy

--
((
/\ /\ ))