A store that appreciates dogs ( a bit long)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 21st 03, 07:40 PM
Yoj

Default A store that appreciates dogs ( a bit long)

"Dan and Nancy Mahoney" wrote in message
For the last few years my family has had a ritual of spending Sunday
mornings at the Starbucks coffee bar in Redlands (a nearby town).

Every
Sunday at 9:00 everybody would meet at the Starbucks at Orange and
Pearl. Initially it was my parents, my brother, and my brother's dog.
When I was driving a semi and away from home for weeks at a time, my
wife would join them. When I finally got out of the truck and back

into
an office job, I started going as well. When my dad passed away a

little
over a year ago it became even more important, as it's one of our
regular chances to see to how wveryone is doing and who might need

some
help.

My brother's dog Bridget was a huge fan of Starbucks. She always got

her
own frapuccino and helped us with our pastries. Bridget passed away

last
year, and Pat now brings his new dog, Maggie. As beautiful and special
as Bridget was, Maggie is even more beautiful and attracts a fair

amount
of attention.

They opened a new Starbucks a couple of weeks ago, just two blocks

from
my house and a little less than a mile from my brother's house. He

went
through the drive-through yesterday and ordered his usual coffee and
muffin. When he reached the drive-up window the person at the window
told him his order would be delayed a couple of minutes and asked if
he'd mind pulling around the front of the store, and they'd his bring
his order to him. Before he pulled away the guy at the window noticed
Maggie in the back seat and asked if that was "the Orange and Pearl
dog", and my brother confirmed that it was.

He pulled around to the front of the store and parked, and he and

Maggie
took a table on the patio. A couple of minutes later a Starbucks
employee brought Pat his order - and a small chocolate brownie
frappucino, about 2/3 full, topped with lots of whipped cream and a

big
dog biscuit.

Dan

How delightful! Thanks for sharing this story.

Joy