Happy 1/2 Birthday to Weeble!

Old February 16th 04, 02:09 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default Happy 1/2 Birthday to Weeble!

That's right - this week Sir Weeble Wobblybottom (whose bottom is no longer
wobbly at all) will be 6 months old. I found him on 8/22 of last year, and
he was less than a week old, so our vet pinned his Birthday as being
8/18/03.

Does anyone know of any cat-friendly cake recipes (but yet still palatable
for humans, i.e.. no mouse/fish flavor)? Actually, since he seems to want
to taste everything we eat, just about any kind of cake I bake will do. He
does like apples (the juicy Fuji apples are his fave), and last night he
sampled some of DH ice cream (vanilla with orange sherbet) and seemed to
like it, plus he's ate bread.... some steak, cheese, hamburger, any kind of
gravy, and I've lost track of all the unusual things he sampled.

Do they make extra small party hats???? I'm afraid that the regular
child-size party hats you find at the store will be to large for his
poop-head (another one of his many nicknames).

And on a side note, his photos on Webshots have a combined total (of all
three albums) viewing of over 70,000, and a combined total downloading of
almost 800!!!!

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Weeble!
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old February 16th 04, 02:17 PM
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
That's right - this week Sir Weeble Wobblybottom (whose bottom is no
longer wobbly at all) will be 6 months old. I found him on 8/22 of
last year, and he was less than a week old, so our vet pinned his
Birthday as being 8/18/03.

AWWWWW! Happy birthday Weeble!

Does anyone know of any cat-friendly cake recipes (but yet still
palatable for humans, i.e.. no mouse/fish flavor)? Actually, since
he seems to want to taste everything we eat, just about any kind of
cake I bake will do.

He does like apples (the juicy Fuji apples are
his fave),

So how about a Scotch Apple Pie?

3 large tart apples
1/2 c. sugar
juice of 1 lemon
1 stick butter
1 c. light brown sugar
1. c. flour
1 prepared deep dish pie crust

Peel & slice apples and place in pie crust. Cover with white sugar and
sprinkle all over with lemon juice. Cream butter with brown sugar and work
in the flour. Crumble this mixture over the apples. Bake at 300F for 25
minutes.

Jill

Old February 16th 04, 02:54 PM
Marina

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Weeble!

Wow, time flies, doesn't it? Hoppy half-Purrday, Weeble! Would he like a
cheese cake, maybe? Or an ice cream cake? Frank and Nikki wanted to send him
some shrimpies for his very own treat:

: == : == : == : == : == : ==
: == : == : == : == : == : ==

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old February 16th 04, 03:39 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Scotch Apple Pie sounds nummy, but DH has this 'thing' for Jell-O
'poke-cakes' (bake a cake, preferable vanilla or 'plain', poke it with the
handle of a wooden spoon or drinking straw all over, then pour liquid Jell-O
over it (choose your fave flavor) and then refrigerate until Jell-O sets...
top with whipped cream (instead of the regular sweet icing), serve and
enjoy) and is MUCH easier to make - that and I already have a cake mix and
Jell-O mix - so I think I'll go that route.

Old February 16th 04, 03:43 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Weeble says "fang-u purry much" for the srhimpies - he gobbled them up and
didn't let the others have even a whiff!

And if there's a cheesecake in this house - it won't be around long enough
for a cat to get to it

Old February 16th 04, 05:48 PM
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Scotch Apple Pie sounds nummy, but DH has this 'thing' for Jell-O
'poke-cakes' (bake a cake, preferable vanilla or 'plain', poke it
with the handle of a wooden spoon or drinking straw all over, then
pour liquid Jell-O over it (choose your fave flavor) and then
refrigerate until Jell-O sets... top with whipped cream (instead of
the regular sweet icing), serve and enjoy) and is MUCH easier to make
- that and I already have a cake mix and Jell-O mix - so I think I'll
go that route.

Cherry! I (and Weebles) want cherry poke cake!!

Jill

Old February 17th 04, 02:12 AM

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:

DEFINATELY no chocolate! I take great care to make sure that no
chocolate crumbs are left accessible to any kitty after I eat a candy
bar. MY fave is white chocolate, and I don't let them have any of that

Actually, I don't believe that "white chocolate" has any actual chocolate
in it. It's just something white and sugary (and fatty), that sort of has
the same consistency as milk chocolate, so maybe that's where the name
came from. But I don't think the chemical in chocolate that's so harmful
to cats and dogs is in the "white" version.

One suggestion: do you have to eat the same thing Weeble eats for his
birthday? Maybe you could serve him something *really* cat friendly,
like salmon pate, or lox. He'll love that, I'm sure! You don't have to
eat it if you don't like it. You can still join the party eating
something you like.

But he *must* wear a party hat. And you have to get photos!

Happy 1/2 B'day to Weeble!!

Joyce
Old February 17th 04, 02:52 AM
Jo Firey

White chocolate does have cocoa butter in it. The fat part of the cocoa
bean that chocolate comes from.

Jo

Old February 17th 04, 03:22 AM
badwilson

Happy 1/2 birthday, Weeble :-) Perhaps a meatloaf would be a good "cake"
for him?
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old February 17th 04, 05:46 AM
Yowie

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
[...]

That sounds delicious! Sort of a cross between apple crumble and real pie.
Mmmmmmm.

Yowie