Happy 4th July, USAnians

Old July 4th 05, 01:46 PM
Yowie

wrote in message
oups.com...

Melissa Houle wrote:
Yowie wrote in message
Happy Independance Day, those who celebrate it.

Yowie

Thank you, Yowie. I hope your fourth of July is also a good day, even
though it isn't a national holiday in Australia. =o) I have my spareribs
marinating and the crust made for my apple pie. Can't get much more
American than Apple pie.

Melissa

Except Apple Pie didn't originate in America. IIRC pie-making skills,
along with apple seeds, came over with the Pilgrims. I wonder about hot
dogs. What's that jingle, baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet?

That must be the American equivalent of "Football, meatpies, kangaroos and
Holden cars" :-)

Yowie

Old July 4th 05, 02:02 PM
jmcquown

Yowie wrote:
Happy Independance Day, those who celebrate it.

Yowie

Thank you! It's going to be a scorching day here so I'm glad I have
leftover ribs in the freezer I cooked on the grill a month or so ago. I can
reheat them in the microwave and stay nice and cool

Jill

Old July 4th 05, 02:40 PM
Adrian

Yowie wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Melissa Houle wrote:
Yowie wrote in message
Happy Independance Day, those who celebrate it.

Yowie

Thank you, Yowie. I hope your fourth of July is also a good day,
even though it isn't a national holiday in Australia. =o) I have my
spareribs marinating and the crust made for my apple pie. Can't
get much more American than Apple pie.

Melissa

Except Apple Pie didn't originate in America. IIRC pie-making skills,
along with apple seeds, came over with the Pilgrims. I wonder about
hot dogs. What's that jingle, baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and
Chevrolet?

That must be the American equivalent of "Football, meatpies,
kangaroos and Holden cars" :-)

Yowie

Am I right in thinking, Chevrolet and Holden are both owned by General
Motors?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 4th 05, 02:42 PM
Annie Wxill

"Hans Schrøder" wrote in message
Have a nice day, all!
Hans, Tinùviel and Teti

Thank you and happy birthday to Queen Sonja of Norway!
Annie

Old July 4th 05, 02:46 PM
Annie Wxill

"Yowie" wrote in message
Happy Independance Day, those who celebrate it.

Yowie

Thank you, Yowie. We are celebrating at our house, but I doubt that Cinder
and Rosie will be impressed.
Fireworks are illegal in the city limits, but someone always has them, so
there will be some noise tonight, but the kitties will be inside and not pay
it much mind.
Annie

Old July 4th 05, 02:55 PM
Irulan

God bless America.

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old July 4th 05, 03:00 PM
jmcquown

Annie Wxill wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
Happy Independance Day, those who celebrate it.

Yowie

Thank you, Yowie. We are celebrating at our house, but I doubt that
Cinder and Rosie will be impressed.
Fireworks are illegal in the city limits, but someone always has
them, so there will be some noise tonight, but the kitties will be
inside and not pay it much mind.
Annie

There was a big fireworks display about 2 miles from me (only licensed
professionals are supposed to mess with them - ha!). Scared Persia to
death; sounded like thunder

Jill

Old July 4th 05, 04:11 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:40:28 +0100, "Adrian"
yodeled:

Yowie wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Melissa Houle wrote:
Yowie wrote in message
Happy Independance Day, those who celebrate it.

Yowie

Thank you, Yowie. I hope your fourth of July is also a good day,
even though it isn't a national holiday in Australia. =o) I have my
spareribs marinating and the crust made for my apple pie. Can't
get much more American than Apple pie.

Melissa

Except Apple Pie didn't originate in America. IIRC pie-making skills,
along with apple seeds, came over with the Pilgrims. I wonder about
hot dogs. What's that jingle, baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and
Chevrolet?

That must be the American equivalent of "Football, meatpies,
kangaroos and Holden cars" :-)

Yowie

Am I right in thinking, Chevrolet and Holden are both owned by General
Motors?

I don't know, but I've wrecked one of each.

Theresa