Crash

Old June 4th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Crash

It's been awhile and you may not remember Crash.
He was a special kitten. He had been bottle fed since he was only a day or
two old.
He was placed with a family but returned because he was a biter.
We worked with him for a long time and had some success but it was limited.
Part of the problem, we felt, was he had no siblings to teach him his cat
manners.
We did find a placement for Crash where he could be happy and well taken care
of.
We placed him at with a cat rescue group in Nevada. They took in cats that
were unable to be placed in a home for a variety of reasons.
Crash won everyone's heart and became a favorite.
Yesterday we got the news that Crash died of kidney failure.
It was very, very difficult for the lady who runs the cat sanctuary. She
loved Crash so and she also had to break the news to us.
We will always be grateful to her for giving Crash his real true and fated
home.
Some cats have a long road in search of their home.
Crash was a lucky cat. We all thank Amber for her assistance and love.
The Las Vegas area is fortunate to have Amber and Cat Keepers.
Thank you, again, Amber.
Good bye, Crash, we love you.

Old June 4th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

cleo1 via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

Their poor little bodies wear out so quickly and so suddenly,
it seems! I watched Tigger and then Fritz turn into living
skelletons--Tigger also suffered from a gradual renal failure,
but lived with it to the ripe old age of 24; Fritz lived 19
years, I believe (Baha, maybe you can help on that one), but
the last ones were marred by Feline Diabetes. It's like, one
day, they're purrfectly healthy, and the next...

Those who know me will understand that the cats I live with
aren't really my owners or my pets--they're *family.* Thus
it is that I grieve and mourn them as I would any family
member. I still greive fort the fact that I never had a
proper chance to say "goodbye" to Tigger.

When Sweetie walks into the room I'm in, I say, "Hello,
baby," and he tries to say "hello" back. He really is, in
many ways, my baby. When the clumsy little oaf falls off
the desk while turning over, I catch him. When he walks
through the house and meows, I pick him up and hold him in
my arms. I never force him to stay there against his will.
He purrs. Sometimes, I get cat kisses--even an occasional
beard cleaning.

This, however, is all tempered by the knowledge that, in
another 20 years or so, I will probably be here and he
will probably not. Perhaps this is just God's way of
reminding us humans that some children aren't meant to
outlive their parents.

Jeff
Old June 5th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

cleo1 via CatKB.com wrote:
It's been awhile and you may not remember Crash.

Tyche has been very annoying today, harrassing me as I try to do my
thesis chapter due tomorrow. But I still took some time to give her
some kitty luv away from the computer, because things here lately have
reminded me, if I ignore her now, I may regret it forever.

--Fil

Old June 5th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 20:21:09 +0000, cleo1 via CatKB.com wrote:

[...]

"...Rise up slowly, Angel. It
s hard to let you go..."
Condolences to those who loved Crash. MLB

Old June 5th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"cleo1 via CatKB.com" u4324@uwe wrote in message

Thank you, again, Amber.
Good bye, Crash, we love you.

I'm so sorry to hear this. We'll light a candle for Crash to help him on
his journey.

Helen M

Old June 5th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'm so sorry to hear about Crash. I do remember his story. Purrs and a
candle for a peaceful crossing.

Old June 5th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-04, cleo1 via CatKB.com penned:
Crash won everyone's heart and became a favorite.
Yesterday we got the news that Crash died of kidney failure.

I think I remember reading about Crash. I'm so sorry.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 5th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

He must have been a special little guy to have won over so many in this place
where they gave him good love and good care, and I'm sorry to hear of his
leaving. He'll have no pain now, but an eternity in a true forever home where the
stars are.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old June 5th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jeff Mullen wrote:

Their poor little bodies wear out so quickly and so suddenly,
it seems! I watched Tigger and then Fritz turn into living
skelletons--Tigger also suffered from a gradual renal failure,
but lived with it to the ripe old age of 24; Fritz lived 19
years, I believe (Baha, maybe you can help on that one), but
the last ones were marred by Feline Diabetes. It's like, one
day, they're purrfectly healthy, and the next...

Tigger is in a place where he understands you were living far away and couldn't be
there. (My God, so long ago...) And I'm sure he's forgiven if he even ever had any
issues. He was easygoing for all his ADHD. And yeah, Fritzie was two months shy of
nineteen.

Tigger was something. One of the fittest cats I ever saw, and one of the most
confident: he strutted like a peacock. He was a pleasure to watch, even when he was
scaring the hell out of me by jumping on me from the top of a door.

Those who know me will understand that the cats I live with
aren't really my owners or my pets--they're *family.* Thus
it is that I grieve and mourn them as I would any family
member. I still greive fort the fact that I never had a
proper chance to say "goodbye" to Tigger.

He knows your heart, I think.

When Sweetie walks into the room I'm in, I say, "Hello,
baby," and he tries to say "hello" back. He really is, in
many ways, my baby. When the clumsy little oaf falls off
the desk while turning over, I catch him. When he walks
through the house and meows, I pick him up and hold him in
my arms. I never force him to stay there against his will.
He purrs. Sometimes, I get cat kisses--even an occasional
beard cleaning.

He's a big cushion of a cat: a huge black longhaired boy who is simply an attention
hog. He found the right companion.

This, however, is all tempered by the knowledge that, in
another 20 years or so, I will probably be here and he
will probably not. Perhaps this is just God's way of
reminding us humans that some children aren't meant to
outlive their parents.

God's way of reminding us to shut up, slow down, and enjoy that which means most:
time with a loved one, the Most Glorious Sound of Purr, cat kisses.

Blessed be,
Baha

OT ready to take a quiz NMR Cat anecdotes 4 March 1st 06 09:26 AM
Crash's Story Cleo Cat rescue 4 February 7th 05 01:45 AM
OT...Drive Crash :-\)Liz Cat anecdotes 26 August 28th 04 10:56 PM
[OT] Crash and burn MaryL Cat anecdotes 25 March 17th 04 10:28 PM