OT, Google better pull-up! will they crash?

Old April 26th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.food.cooking,cakewalk.audio
CatNipped

Default OT, Google better pull-up! will they crash?

"rosie" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 26, 7:17?am, Barry wrote:
For about a week now, google is waaay behind on getting peoples posts
into the mix.

As it stands right now.. if you post through google, it's going to be
days before you actually see the post...

I use several other services to get a post through... I'm waiting on
google to catch up.

However! Could this be the beginning of a long slow melt-down?

I have long since predicted that Google is going to crash (at some
point)
why? because they got to big to quick...

it's like putting too much air into a balloon... success must have a
place to go...

Will they pull out of this one? To their credit, google is able to
take each post and propagate it to other usenet servers. So posts are
making it to usenet, just not their own db.

Wondered what was going on with them, I am pretty disgusted with them
and am thinking of changing to a real news reader. I know this has
been addressed, but di not pay attention. Any ideas? \

Either free or pay, what ever is the best.
Thanks, Rosie

I like individual.net - they are *VERY* responsive and easy to deal with.
However, they don't carry the binary groups so you'll have to download your
porn with another newsreader! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 26th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.food.cooking,cakewalk.audio
CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"rosie" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 26, 7:17?am, Barry wrote:
[...]

Oops, forgot to say that with that news provider I use Outlook Express (to
the horror of Bill Gates haters across the world!!).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 26th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.food.cooking
bookie

On 26 Apr, 16:46, val189 wrote:
Barry wrote:
For about a week now, google is waaay behind on getting peoples posts
into the mix.

I've just noticed it in the last two days. Before that, speed of
lightning (welll, ALmost) posting.
Maybe the onslaught of spam has slowed things down?
I also notice sane posters leaving in droves and heading off to
moderated groups.

they couldn't stand the heat, that's why

Old April 26th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.food.cooking,cakewalk.audio
Charlie Wilkes

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:35:27 -0700, rosie wrote:

On Apr 26, 7:17?am, Barry wrote:
[...]

I am a partial to Easynews. Aside from providing an excellent service,
they are politically correct, hosting SourceForge open source downloads
etc.

Think Pol Pot for Microsoft, Idi Amin for Google, Mahatma Ghandi for
Easynews.

Charlie
Old April 27th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.food.cooking,cakewalk.audio
sf

On 26 Apr 2007 08:35:27 -0700, rosie wrote:

Wondered what was going on with them, I am pretty disgusted with them
and am thinking of changing to a real news reader.

I hope you do! I am not fond of the Google interface.... especially
the newest version. If you use a PC, Agent used to be what I
recommended... but they have gotten too big for their britches too.

I know this has
been addressed, but di not pay attention. Any ideas? \

Nope. I use Agent 2.0 - which isn't found easily anymore.

--
See return address to reply by email
Old April 27th 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.food.cooking,cakewalk.audio
sf

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:53:08 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"rosie" wrote in message

Wondered what was going on with them, I am pretty disgusted with them
and am thinking of changing to a real news reader. I know this has
been addressed, but di not pay attention. Any ideas? \

Either free or pay, what ever is the best.
Thanks, Rosie

I like individual.net - they are *VERY* responsive and easy to deal with.
However, they don't carry the binary groups so you'll have to download
your porn with another newsreader! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Oops, forgot to say that with that news provider I use Outlook Express (to
the horror of Bill Gates haters across the world!!).

Dear Cat....

FYI: Individual.net is your news provider, OE is your newsreader.

--
See return address to reply by email
Old April 27th 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.food.cooking
sf

On 26 Apr 2007 08:46:50 -0700, val189 wrote:

Barry wrote:
For about a week now, google is waaay behind on getting peoples posts
into the mix.

I've just noticed it in the last two days. Before that, speed of
lightning (welll, ALmost) posting.
Maybe the onslaught of spam has slowed things down?

How soon we forget. A year ago you had to wait over 8 hours on a
regular basis for a message that was posted via google or any other
source to appear there. It got fast, people got used to it and now
that they are having trouble (which I haven't noticed) people are
complaining. Grow up and get a real news reader.

I also notice sane posters leaving in droves and heading off to
moderated groups.

Moderated groups are for sissies.

--
See return address to reply by email
Old April 27th 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.food.cooking,cakewalk.audio
sf

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:50:44 -0400, George
wrote:

Probably the best thing that could happen to newsgroups would be for
Google to go away since 99.9% of spam originates from Google.

LOL! That's BS and you know it. I'm not a google groups fan either,
but get real.

--
See return address to reply by email
Old April 27th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.food.cooking,cakewalk.audio
George

wrote:

Probably the best thing that could happen to newsgroups would be for
Google to go away since 99.9% of spam originates from Google.

LOL! That's BS and you know it. I'm not a google groups fan either,
but get real.

Just look at the headers on almost any Usenet spam and check where it
originates.

Then add in all of the additional "blogspot" spam. Google encourages
users of their "blogspot" to get click revenue.