PetGuard food for Espy and Nipsy?

Old January 21st 04, 09:02 PM
dgk

Default PetGuard food for Espy and Nipsy?

I passed a new pet store yesterday so I stopped in to pick up some
whatevers. They had a brand of food I hadn't noticed before called
PetGuard. The label seemed reasonable and I bought a few varieties. No
Turkey. The boys just don't like turkey and I won't waste money on it.

I tried out the first can this morning. Rabbit and Rice. Rice I figure
they can do without but maybe the Rabbit would be ok. I peeled the lid
off and stuck a fork into it. Very hard stuff. Perhaps a chisel would
work better? I chipped it out with the fork.

They each approach their bowl and start eating. They stop eating. They
switch bowls. Let's see what you've got. Oh, same thing. Espy wanders
off to check out the dry food area and see what's up over there. Nipsy
starts trying to scrape porcelin off the bathtub to cover up the food.
Not a good start.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring? Hopefully better results.

On the plus side of the ledger, I did find a refill for that circular
toy thing with the ball in the outside track. They ripped that
cardboard out months ago. Now if I can just locate the toy. Plus, a
new scoop. I noticed the old one has a crack and isn't long for the
world.

The joys of the new pet store.

Old January 21st 04, 09:54 PM
Karen

I buy Petguard, but not the rabbit and rice (ick, yes it is VERY hard for
some reason). My cats love chicken and wheat germ, beef and wheat germ and
premium feast. Both the chicken and the beef and wheat germ are very juicy,
which is what they love best about it. PF is the first canned food of any
kind I could ever get in them.

Karen

Old January 22nd 04, 02:31 AM
Elizabeth Blake

"dgk" wrote in message
I passed a new pet store yesterday so I stopped in to pick up some
whatevers. They had a brand of food I hadn't noticed before called
PetGuard. The label seemed reasonable and I bought a few varieties. No
Turkey. The boys just don't like turkey and I won't waste money on it.

I tried out the first can this morning. Rabbit and Rice. Rice I figure
they can do without but maybe the Rabbit would be ok. I peeled the lid
off and stuck a fork into it. Very hard stuff. Perhaps a chisel would
work better? I chipped it out with the fork.

I've given mine PetGuard in the past. I also saw the rabbit flavor and
decided to try that. I thought I had gotten a bad batch, because the stuff
was near impossible to pry out of the can. The cats wouldn't touch it, and
the other two cans went into the trash. They did like some other flavors
(beef stew? and something chicken) but I decided to stay away from the more
out-there flavors.

Liz