Brother & Sister now very aggressive

Old September 12th 04, 09:57 PM
Mary

"Tracy" wrote in message
From: "Mary"

There has
been discussion here on a phenomenon that I think was referred
to as "misdirected aggression." I have seen it in one of our
cats, who saw a cat through a window and turned and
attacked my husband's ankle.

This happened years ago with my Maine coon. He would sit in the window

and get
all aggitated watching the birds, and then be ugly to the humans in the

house.
He launched a very bad( unprovoked ) attack on my then 3 year old son one

day,
and jumped up at him and dug down the side of his face, and that was it

for me.
I tossed his butt out the door and instructed him to feel free to get hit

by a
car. Instead of getting hit, he promptly killed a couple of birds and then

came
back in with a renewed spirit and a sweet nature. That was 16 years ago.

He
never was mean again after he was allowed to go out when he wanted to.

I refuse to respond to this obvious troll. Let the record show that
I can indeed summon restraint when I wish to. Thank you.

Old September 12th 04, 09:59 PM
Mary

"MacCandace" wrote in message
Or maybe "redirected aggression?"

I've heard it referred to as "misplaced aggression."

Aha! I knew it was something like that.

Old September 13th 04, 10:28 AM
Tracy

From: "Mary"

I refuse to respond to this obvious troll. Let the record show that
I can indeed summon restraint when I wish to. Thank you.

Why in the world would you call me a troll?
Old September 13th 04, 10:28 AM
Tracy

From: "Mary"

Old September 13th 04, 02:53 PM
Mary

From: "Mary"

I refuse to respond to this obvious troll. Let the record show that I

can indeed summon restraint when I wish to. Thank you.

Why in the world would you call me a troll?

I didn't. I was using it as a verb. That said, I have nothing further to
add.

Old September 13th 04, 02:53 PM
Mary

Old September 13th 04, 07:54 PM
Tracy

From: "Mary"

I refuse to respond to this obvious troll. Let the record show that
I can indeed summon restraint when I wish to. Thank you.

Why are you calling me a troll? What on earth did I say that would cause you
to jump to that?
Old September 13th 04, 07:54 PM
Tracy

Old September 14th 04, 01:33 AM
Tracy

From: "Mary"

I refuse to respond to this obvious troll. Let the record show that I
can indeed summon restraint when I wish to. Thank you.

Why in the world would you call me a troll?

I didn't. I was using it as a verb. That said, I have nothing further to
add.

Fair enough I guess but I dont get why you think I am trolling when I was only
telling something that happened with my cat. I thought that was the point of
the group....I thought wrong.