Clueless Idiots Can Clip and So Can You LONG

Old September 22nd 03, 05:04 AM
Pat

Default Clueless Idiots Can Clip and So Can You LONG

I have always used ordinary human nail clippers on my cats. I just snip off
the sharp tips so they can knead me without piercing. Screw the furniture.
Or get a couple of sisal scratching posts, which they MUCH prefer to
anything else.

When I've been too short of $$ to afford a suitable scratching post,
sometimes I have used logs with bark on them. A log about 6" thick and 2'
long works just fine laying on the floor.

By the way declawing a cat is the equivalent of chopping off the first joint
of the human finger. They do heal up from it but it is extremely painful and
traumatizing, and they can no longer defend themselves adequately.

Old September 22nd 03, 06:27 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:04:03 -0500, "Pat" wrote:

I have always used ordinary human nail clippers on my cats. I just snip off
the sharp tips so they can knead me without piercing. Screw the furniture.
Or get a couple of sisal scratching posts, which they MUCH prefer to
anything else.

When I've been too short of $$ to afford a suitable scratching post,
sometimes I have used logs with bark on them. A log about 6" thick and 2'
long works just fine laying on the floor.

By the way declawing a cat is the equivalent of chopping off the first joint
of the human finger. They do heal up from it but it is extremely painful and
traumatizing, and they can no longer defend themselves adequately.

We never had to trim the claws of the indoor/outdoor cats. I used to
trim my Siamese's (RB) nails just a few at a time. However, my
present big TuTu says "don't even think about it!" and means what she
says. The Vet has applied Soft Paws twice and it is a two person job.
ThenTuTu spends lots of time trying to bite them off (I think they are
great). The last time she broke several off to the point it made the
nail bleed a little. She is getting much better about controlling
her claws and if I say "no claws" she responds fairly well. She has
worn a big hole in the fabric of her scratching post, so will have to
look for another one soon.