Eer tufftz...odd or same...tally...refurreshmintz

Old January 11th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam

Default Eer tufftz...odd or same...tally...refurreshmintz

Amelia T Cat wrote:
But the truth is that Paw only knows anything Linux, BSDen, Solaris, and
other Unix-y OSs. He can use Mac OS X, but he is completely useless with
Windows operating systems (what he insists on calling "Wintendo").

Un*x betr becuz 'cat' & 'man' commands.

Louise
Old January 11th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:55:24 +0000, Adam wrote:

Un*x betr becuz 'cat' & 'man' commands.

Louise

Good point! And it's appropriate that the "man" command is what users run
when they don't know how to do something.

Amelia
who thinks "cat" should be the user name with UID 0
Old January 12th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Friday 11 January 2008 09:05, Amelia T Cat wrote:

Sylvia, that's REALLY strange. I can see it in the quoted text.
Perhaps Anti Sandy or Unka Dan would know - they're both IT
professionals, and I have absolutely no idea as to why that's
happening!!!!!!!

Serge

I asked my Paw, and he said "it's FM". For those who have never that
phrase before, "FM" means "furry magic" (or something to that effect).

But the truth is that Paw only knows anything Linux, BSDen, Solaris,
and other Unix-y OSs. He can use Mac OS X, but he is completely
useless with Windows operating systems (what he insists on calling
"Wintendo").

Amelia

Fred says he like Paw cus we use Ubuntu Linux here at home. It's
marvellous!

Diana

--
Regards,
Fred
Old January 12th 08, 06:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

"Fred Williams" wrote in message
[...]

Du yuuz get da funny changez in woidz uzink Ubuntu Linux ???

--
Pitô.ônya

Old January 12th 08, 10:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Saturday 12 January 2008 01:44, Pi2nya AKA Sweetee wrote:

[...]

We hasn't noticed it. We do use da British spelling dictionary and da
Canadian won, but not fur meowchat, uv korse.

Diana

Old January 12th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_3_]

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:44:01 -0800, Pi2nya AKA Sweetee's nimble,
little paws typed:

Du yuuz get da funny changez in woidz uzink Ubuntu Linux ???

Itz not platfurrm specific, it's da character set dat yur nooz reeder
iz usink. See if derez an option in Outlook fur "Use Unicode Character
Set" and den chooze it. Den you can see efurry langwidge in its own
characterz, incloodink Hebrew, Chinese, Korean, Arabic etc.
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

1/12/2008 12:51:39 PM
Old January 13th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam

Fred says he like Paw cus we use Ubuntu Linux here at home. It's
marvellous!

Diana

I uze Mandriva, play wif Ubuntu.

Louise
Old January 13th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

In article PXqij.8302$W73.3520@trnddc04,
Adam wrote:

Fred says he like Paw cus we use Ubuntu Linux here at home. It's
marvellous!

Diana

I uze Mandriva, play wif Ubuntu.

Louise

Mineown Paw used to run RedHat till him got sick of it. Den him used
Gentoo, den Ubuntu. Now him uses Debian, cuz dey runs dat on most of
dere serfers at work. Him also likes FreeBSD and Solaris but doesn't
currently haf any machines running dem.

Sammy
Old January 14th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam

Samuel Redcat Mahoney wrote:
Mineown Paw used to run RedHat till him got sick of it. Den him used
Gentoo, den Ubuntu. Now him uses Debian, cuz dey runs dat on most of
dere serfers at work. Him also likes FreeBSD and Solaris but doesn't
currently haf any machines running dem.

Hoomin jumping in: I'm using Mandriva because after the first LUG
meeting I went to (which I understood none of), I went up to the
president and a few other people who seemed to be knowledgeable, and
asked, "What distro would you recommend for someone with computer
experience but new to Linux?" and a consensus was Mandrake, as it was
then called. I have Ubuntu installed because it seems to be getting
popular these days (and I even have a copy of "The Official Ubuntu Book"
to review for the LUG), but haven't used it much so far. My current
system only has a 120 GB hard drive, but I've managed to install
Mandriva, Ubuntu, Windows Vista, Win2K in a VM under Linux, and still
have room for one more Linux distro and 8 GB for another VM.

Adam
Old January 14th 08, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

"Adam" wrote in message
[...]

Watza LUG, Unka Adam?
(Meowmee furrbid me tu gezz ur mayke wun up)
--
Pitô.ônya