Urgent purrs needed please

Old May 7th 12, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Default Urgent purrs needed please

Please can I have some purrs for my Kotyo, who is in the vet hospital
right now? The vet says he has a hole in his trachea, and when he
breathes in air is going under his skin instead of going into his lungs.
They have put in a tube into his side which is supposed to let the air
escape, and he is in an oxygen cage so that his lungs can get enough oxygen.

I just don't know what to do. Just a few hours ago he was perfectly
fine. He was begging to get his lunch early. My mom gave him some of his
favorite - cucumber. Just 4 or 5 tiny little pieces, same as he has had
for years. He ate them and he immediately started choking, pawing at the
right side of his throat, trying to throw up. We rushed him to the vet,
and spent the next few hours sitting in the waiting room while they
worked to stabilize him. The best guess is that he was eating too
greedily, and inhaled one of the pieces of cucumber... But how that
could cause a hole in his trachea, I don't know. Cucumber is soft, and
it was a tiny bit - smaller than a regular piece of kibble. The vet said
he has never seen anything like this before...

So right now they are keeping him in the hospital and hoping that the
hole will heal on its own. If it is a small hole, it should heal by
itself. If it does not heal in a few days, they will have to operate to
try to find it and close it.

I just want my little monster to be ok. Please purr for him.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety

Old May 7th 12, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Matthew wrote:
Purrs and prayers in Route

Thank you Matthew. It means a lot to me, especially knowing what you
have just gone through. I am very sorry for your losing your baby.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

Old May 7th 12, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Nadia N." wrote in message
[...]

Many purrs coming for his swift recovery.

Tweed & Boyfriend

Old May 7th 12, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Nadia N." wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs on the way for, Kotyo and his worried slave.
--
Adrian
Old May 7th 12, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Nadia N. wrote:

[...]

Purrs coming from my pair - and my guys are good at it - for Kotyo to
be OK. What a bizarre thing to happen! Maybe he already had the condition,
but it wasn't that bad until now?

Keeping my fingers crossed. Please post an update when you can.

Joyce
Old May 7th 12, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Thank you I got the pack purring as best as we can. I will make sure I say
a prayer you for the extended family ;-)

Old May 8th 12, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Christina Websell wrote:

Many purrs coming for his swift recovery.

Tweed & Boyfriend

Thank you Tweed and Boyfie.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

Old May 8th 12, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Bastette wrote:

Purrs coming from my pair - and my guys are good at it - for Kotyo to
be OK. What a bizarre thing to happen! Maybe he already had the condition,
but it wasn't that bad until now?

Keeping my fingers crossed. Please post an update when you can.

Joyce

Thank you Joyce. I will be going to visit him in the hospital tomorrow
morning, and I'll post an update. If I notice any of the staff with deep
nasty scratches on them, I'll know that he's feeling better. He's had an
"aggressive cat" label on his cage door at the vet's every time he's had
to stay there...

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety