Now Boyfie is doing well

Old January 25th 14, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Now Boyfie is doing well

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

. Do keep us updated if you feel like it. We all love Boyfie.

I was wondering, since it seems to be pretty cold there, how he'll
react with a shaved tummy when he *does* get to go outside. Sounds
to me like he might find it surprisingly chilly!

Yep, and then he'll do his stuff and come back in quickly because atm
the idea of letting him out for the first time makes me nervous.
He's been safe in and out for the last ten years and he is very unhappy
being an indoor cat. He is holding himself in for wees (1x24 hours)
and poos (1x48 hours) so the sooner he's allowed out the better for him.

Before you let him out, it may be an idea to check with your good
neighbours to see if they have a greenhouse with broken glass. I don't
think from what you've said about your next door bad neighbours that they
have such but a walk around asking the good ones the question and
explaining why you're asking might prevent another injury for Boyfie. Most
people would understand your concerns.

Judith

there are no broken greenhouses within a few houses that I can see and I
can't go round a hundred houses which he might have gone around in two
hours.
Let's be grateful he got home.
I said to the vet nurse "how did he manage to get home?"
and she said cats mostly do, even with smashed pelvises and broken legs from
car accidents.
Which suggests that is dangerous to be out here - it isn't.

The chances of Boyfie having any sort of accident here is pretty well zilch
but he did. I'm fairly sure it was broken glass.
I even examined the possibility that he could have could have jumped down
from my freezer (where he likes to wait to come in) on to my sharpened axe,
but have discounted this. My axe is now shut away very safely.

Old January 26th 14, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message

No such thing as a, Boyfie overload.
--
Adrian

He's doing brilliantly, so much better than I ever thought possible. I was
sure he would die when I saw his injury. The vet said when I got there
"this is not the best injury to have" but they saved him.
Vet said a lot of owners phone up and say "things are poking out" and they
are not but FGS, I've been with this practice since I was a child with a
rabbit and they should know that if I say my cat's intestines are hanging
out, they are

..I don't want to go through that night again.

Old January 26th 14, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 22:14:15 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

I sense he's boring you all now so I will update only if asked.
He's great tonight (except for being so shaved in a house without
central heating)

Boyfie sez bye for a while

Ditto! I love hearing about how well he's doing. It was scary for a
while there, so it's nice to read the good news.

If you're not getting much response to your updates, it's just that
Usenet is shrinking and there aren't many of us left who still post
here. But those of us who are still here are VERY interested.

I too would appreciate updates!

Because he was such a good boy in the last few days about taking his
antibiotic in his Whiskas, he got Sheba "turkey in white sauce" for his
tea. He thought it was fabulous.

Sootie likes that too. Usually, there's no guarantee with Sootie.

Well he only got Sheba because he nearly died