Depression from my cats death

Old January 24th 08, 10:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_2_]

Default Depression from my cats death

On Jan 23, 8:42�am, wrote:
I just lost my Cat, she was a siamese but looked more tonkanese to me,
named Kiki. My mom bought her for me when I had just finished the
first grade, so I was around 6 years old. I am now about to turn 28
and she has been with me the entire time, amazing when I reflect on
it, she was around 21. She started showing some serious problems at
the beginning of 2007, having her first seizure, she had 3 more up to
her death, yesterday, January 22nd. When a cats health goes, it goes
fast, I remember before that first seizure I thought she would be
around until she was 30 years old. Her health got seriously bad in
December, she started having labored breathing and barely ate and had
lost a lot of weight. The vet said she may have cancer or heart
failure and told me she probably only had a couple weeks to live, he
also told me multiple tests were unneccessary on a cat of her age and
would hurt more than help. She actually lived about 4 or 5 weeks since
that visit to the vet. In the last two days she completely stopped
eating and barely had enough power to walk, Monday night I decided I
would put her down on Tuesday. Yesterday(Tuesday) upon waking I saw
her and she now couldnt stand, she seemed at peace just laying, I
talked to her, she basically went from walking normal and hopping on a
recliner with me to unable to stand in a matter of a few days. I
decided to take her in to the vet and as I was in the waiting room
holding her in a towel I talked to her and she took a couple deep
breathes then just stopped breathing, her eyes wide open, she died. I
believe she was scared, she was always scared when I took her to the
vet, I think its possible the stress finally was too much for her to
take, I noticed she urinated in the towel. The vet came in checked her
heart and told me she was dead, so I didnt have to euthanize her, I
kind of wish I just sat with her at home until she died, but who knows
if she would have died at the same time.

Now I am extremely depressed, I did not think it would be this hard
once she died, but it is pretty devastating.
I do not feel like doing
anything, I go to the gym almost everynight and last night I was
supposed to but just dont feel like it, I dont know when I will feel
like getting back to normalcy. I have the week off work for other
reasons but I would have probably took today off if I was supposed to
work. I looked through a bunch of pictures picking her's out last
night, it was emotional for me. It's hard because I live by myself and
the one thing I always had with me no matter what was her, when I look
down and she's not there its hard. She is being cremated today and I
still have to figure out what I am going to do with her ashes. I'm
hoping expressing my feelings here will help me to get over this hump
and move on, I dont really care if anyone reads it, no replies are
neccessary. Im sure she wouldnt want me this sad but it's like losing
one of your best friends you have known for 20+ years. I looked
through her pictures and actually was able to crack a smile earlier,
so I believe time is about the only thing to make myself feel better.
For those who have lost a beloved pet I now know what it is like to
feel your pain, it is no fun. Bye Kiki, or hopefully I will see you
later.

I know how you feel, Glov. I've had some real hard knocks with pets
myself. But let's look at the reality of the situation... It's not
like he was a person or anything. If you're this bummed out over an
animal's demise, what are you going to do when real trouble strikes?
For instance, when your spouse figures they've got what they want from
your marriage and they leave you for a secret relationship they've
been building with someone else behind your back? And they take your
kids (what they wanted from the marriage) and bank account along with?
And the judge lets it go down that way and you get to pay and pay and
pay and pay, and all the while your kids call another person Daddy or
Mommy? And for the rest of their lives, Glov. For the rest of their
lives.... Or what happens to you when you get that knock on the door
at 2:30 in the morning and it's a State Policeman there to tell you
that your oldest child has just become a traffic fatality? He can just
barely be viewed at his own funeral he is so smashed up. Talk about
distraught... what happened when, at that funeral, your wife throws
herself in anguish on the body and his whole side caves in? Right
there in the casket, with all those people watching as she loses her
mind screaming... later putting the blame on you for being too lenient
with him and this ends up breaking up your marriage and ruining your
family? And a few years later your ex-spouse kills themselves because
they couldn't come to terms with it.. What if that befalls you? Or
you learn that your youngest daughter has developed a debilitating,
long-term mortal disease of which there's no treatment (much less a
cure). And you get to watch her waste away in white-hot pain, day
after day until she weights less than 65 pounds and dies of a heart
attack, age 29? No answers to your prayers....No miracles from Heaven.
No word from God. Not even a ray of hope.Or you lose your job of 15
years and the financial ramifications are so great that you break down
with the manifestation of a full-fledged mental illness? No medication
will help you. Hell on ****ing earth. What then? These are all true
stories, Glov. I will not say any are mine, but I do know all of them
to which they befell.
I'm sorry, but from where I sit, you need to dry up. Tuck in that
lip. Be aware that your cat gave you many long years of happiness on
this earth, and he is now finally out of his suffering and is in a
much, MUCH better place. Those are the things you should be arriving
with conclusions about now. Not the other.
I hope I have been able to help you to place things into their proper
perspectives, Glov. I know things look grim sometimes, but it can
always be worse. Much worse (as I have pointed out above). Just try to
remember that tomorrow is a new day. Think those kinds of thoughts
when you arise to greet it.... Think those thoughts.. Happy
thoughts...! And life will look better soon.

IBen Getiner
Old January 24th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 02:52:06 -0800 (PST), IBen Getiner
wrote:

I know how you feel, Glov. ..

IBen Getiner

No actually, you don't. You don't have real feelings. You're a
sociopath. For anyone who wonders how anyone can write what IBen does,
please look at this:

http://www.hss.caltech.edu/~mcafee/Bin/sb.html
Old January 25th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_2_]

wrote:

I know how you feel, Glov. ..

IBen Getiner

No actually, you don't. You don't have real feelings. You're a
sociopath. For anyone who wonders how anyone can write what IBen does,
please look at this:

http://www.hss.caltech.edu/~mcafee/Bin/sb.html

I'm very sorry, dk, but I care immensely for those who love me and for
those who think like I do. And also for them who I can identify
with..... like Glov here. I do not however, give a RAT'Z AZZ about
those who HATE me. Especially them who hate me without a righteous
reason. Or those who hate me because our political views don't line up
(as in your case). So you see.... your lay-diagnosis of 'sociopath'
couldn't be any further from the truth. Sorry, you anti-American
communist..... you'll have to try again.

IBen Getiner
Old January 25th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_2_]

On Jan 24, 7:22�pm, "Matt" wrote:
"dgk"

Do you really care what the Nazi sexual repressed POS has to say �kill file
him and move on. Sometimes he is fun to mess with but in the long run �you
have to ask your self �DO YOU REALLY CARE WHAT THAT FREAK HAS TO SAY. �I
sure the hell don't and have the POS kill filed

I don't care if you care what I say, Matty. That's not the point. And
if you had half a brain, you'd have already figured that out. But you
haven't because you don't....

IBen Getiner
Old January 25th 08, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Noon Cat Nick

IBen Getiner wrote:

I don't care if you care what I say, Matty.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't write a post saying you don't care. You
just wouldn't care.
Old January 25th 08, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:22:09 -0500, "Matt"
wrote:

"dgk"

Do you really care what the Nazi sexual repressed POS has to say kill file
him and move on. Sometimes he is fun to mess with but in the long run you
have to ask your self DO YOU REALLY CARE WHAT THAT FREAK HAS TO SAY. I
sure the hell don't and have the POS kill filed

It's just so that other folks know what he is. He gets his thrills
from hurting other people, so I just want to explain what he is about.
Old January 25th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_2_]

On Jan 25, 2:46*am, Noon Cat Nick
wrote:
IBen Getinerwrote:

I don't care if you care what I say, Matty.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't write a post saying you don't care. You
just wouldn't care.

No, Nicholas... you read but you do not comprehend. I said I don't
care if HE doesn't care what I say. I do however care a great deal
when it comes to letting him know that . Same thing with you.
I hope I was able to clear that up for you. Quite nicely, I think...

IBen
Old January 25th 08, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jan 23, 6:42*am, wrote:
[...]

I feel your loss...I lost my beautiful orange tabby "Jake" on Jan.
7th. All it takes is for me to start thinking about him and I start
to cry. I miss him so much and my other kitties miss him too. It's
been a hard few weeks for us but I think we're finally starting to
adjust. I keep reaching for him in bed and he's not there to pet and
love anymore and it breaks my heart. Anyway, enough of me. I just
wanted you to know that I'm right there with you while we mourn our
losses.

Debbie
Old January 25th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_2_]

On Jan 25, 11:48*am, "Matt" wrote:
"Noon Cat Nick" wrote in messagenews:Atgmj.638$9j6.335@attbi_s22...

IBen Getinerwrote:

I don't care if you care what I say, Matty.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't write a post saying you don't care. You
just wouldn't care.

I see he responded thanks for snipping it.

Thanks for the response...!

He loves to try and get under
your skin *but it drives him nuts knowing that you don't give two cents what
he has to say

LOL..!! But if that were true, you would see no reason to award me
with your attention. Thanks again, Matty..

IBen Getiner