Automatic Litter Diposal

Old December 8th 03, 04:57 AM
J_Harmeson

"medicscout" wrote in message
What was wrong with my post?

You had the HTML on.

Old December 8th 03, 05:03 AM
medicscout

Thank you, hopefully this will be better. Based on others posts, I think
Bob upsets people a lot in this group.

--

"q" wrote in message news
On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 20:35:41 -0500, medicscout wrote:

Bob,
What was wrong with my post. I would think that I would do more

good
tell people if there is something wrong with the way they are doing

things
rather than just though up a message like that.

I believe that the message should be interested as - please avoid using
html in your usenet postings.

Notice that Bob's response indicates:

His response maybe abit cryptic but the explanation is there.

Old December 8th 03, 07:14 AM
Paravell

The automatic cat boxes are absolutely wonderful!!! Unless you are talking about the ones that actually hook up to your plumbing and flush (don't have any experience with those!) But the Littermaid brand electric litter boxes are just great. They almost completely get rid of any offending odors, and all you have to do is dump the tray once in a while. I have 4 cats, it was a life saver.
good luck!
"medicscout" wrote in message ...
Has anyone tried one of the automatic liter disposal boxes? I am looking to see any problems people have had, or if they even work.
My mother is considering one for about $100. She has a cat that does not cover his stuff when he goes. As a result I sits on top until the other cat uses the little box, then this other cat covers both of their stuff. My mother thinks that with an automatic box, once the cat goes it will take care of it for him.

I looked in the FAQ's but I could not find anything in regards to this.

Old December 8th 03, 08:39 AM
Linda Terrell

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 06:14:55 UTC, "Paravell" wrote:

The automatic cat boxes are absolutely wonderful!!! Unless you are talking about the ones that actually hook up to your plumbing and flush (don't have any experience with those!) But the Littermaid brand electric litter boxes are just great. They almost completely get rid of any offending odors, and all you have to do is dump the tray once in a while. I have 4 cats, it was a life saver.
good luck!

I second this. I have 4, one a mega box, for my 8 cats. They aren't
cafrefree, but
they are less care. I empy mine twice a day, just dump out the bins
and reuse them
after cleaning and a spritz of Lysol.

Box itself should be emptied and refilled with all fresh litter every
6 weeks or so.

They do sometimes have to be helped along should a clump get caught on
the rake.
I hand cycle mine when I empty them and shake them to even up the
litter and make sure lumps are gone.

Also, most LM's do not like to be filled to the "Full" line, rake will
cycle endlessly.
Keep it filled to the "Fill" line works best.

They are not without their quirks but after 30 years of empting clay
litter, hauling
20 and 30 lb bags about.

The regular LM can be gotten at Wal Mart for $89, and may be on sale
for
Christmas.

The mega LM goes for about $150 at PetsMart and is on sale locally for
$149.

LT

Old December 8th 03, 07:09 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:33:09 GMT, "J_Harmeson"
wrote:

Bob, who are you directing that to.

The person I replied to of course -

--
Bob.

Cats know what we feel. They don't always care, but they know.

Old December 8th 03, 07:10 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 20:33:58 -0500, "medicscout"
wrote:

What was wrong with my post?

Posting in something other than plain text to a newsgroup that does
not contain the word "binaries" in its title.

--
Bob.

You have not been charged for this lesson. Please pass it to all your
friends so they may learn as well.