cat reno follow up (built-in cat home diy stuff) sketch

Old December 12th 03, 05:14 AM
RW

Default cat reno follow up (built-in cat home diy stuff) sketch

hi,

this is a follow up - i posted a few months ago about doing some
creative cat reno for my new place. got a lot of ideas from many
posters as well as research suggestions.

worked with a designer and have come up with this, if anyone wants to
have a look:

http://www.geocities.com/newmarrscathouse/DSCF0001.JPG

notes: the above isn't the final sketch so to explain, the cat post on
the left now only has steps starting from the final top third of the
pole, not starting from the bottom. the right hand side consists of
just plain long shelves from bottom to right now, no pole in the
middle. the shelves will have cat holes in them for the cat to climb
through and up/down (like jungle gym). the shelves are not carpet
lined, but the walkway connecting both sides is. pole on left is sisal
wrapped. pole steps are carpeted. pole is actually not flush against
wall.

we're at final stage and carpentry is being ordered next week. DIY
experts or people who've done stuff for their cats, please let me know
what you think and if you have suggestions on things to mind (e.g. do
not flush steps against wall as the cat will find it difficult to
turn). i'm a bit nervous about all this..

thank you to all who first responded, including phil p, lauren, etc.

Old December 12th 03, 05:25 AM
Cheryl

RW wrote in m on 11 Dec
2003:

http://www.geocities.com/newmarrscathouse/DSCF0001.JPG

Wow. Lucky cat! The shelves on the right side of the pic - are they for
the cats? If so, how about putting a hole in them to climb through up to
the next? I've discovered with a cat tree I just bought that Shamrock
loves climbing through the holes and he lets his tail hang through and it
drives Bonnie crazy grabbing at it.

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller

Worldwide Candle Lighting in Memory of all Children, Dec 14, 2003 7pm in
all time zones
http://thecompassionatefriends.org/2...L/2003_wcl.htm
http://thecompassionatefriends.org/2003_WWCL/senres.htm

-this in memory of my Eric-

Old December 12th 03, 05:28 AM
Cheryl

RW wrote in m on 11 Dec
2003:

the shelves will have cat holes in them for the cat to climb
through and up/down (like jungle gym).

I missed this part. I was too busy looking at the pic. lol

Old December 12th 03, 07:23 AM
Karen

in article , RW at
wrote on 12/11/03 10:14 PM:

[...]