SO Angry!

Old March 19th 04, 07:27 PM

In article ,
"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote:

would you have a young child spayed or
neutered?

Chuckle. I know some kids who would have benefitted from this.
Old March 19th 04, 07:57 PM
Kristine Kochanski

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:16:09 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

"Kristine Kochanski" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:49:25 GMT, "nimue"
wrote:

The big deal is cats need company and stimulation. How would you

like
to be trapped in a house all weekend with nobody to play with?!

Would
you leave a child alone all weekend so long as it was healthy and
enough food and water? I don't think so.

What about if the cat has kitty companions and someone looking
in on them twice a day?

I would say that's fine (again, only my opinion!) . Having companions,
feline, canine or otherwise, and some human intervention to check up
on them is fine - leaving a solitary cat alone in a house for 24-48
hours isn't fine. What stimulation do they have? Nothing to chase,
nothing to snuggle up with, nothing to distract them. What a boring
existance that would be :-(

Old March 19th 04, 08:01 PM
Kristine Kochanski

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:18:19 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

"Kristine Kochanski" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:01:10 -0600, "Rona Yuthasastrakosol"
wrote:

Using that analogy (cat and child)...would you have a young child

spayed or
neutered?

If it was going to go out and shag at random with nobody to look

after
its offspring, yes.

Nazi.

:-)

*s******* ;-)

Don't want to get into a whole heavy philosophical debate, but we
construct our society and our knowledge and understanding of it. Who
knows, if Hitler had won the war it may well be perfectly normal and
natural to have vast sections of our society sterilised now, if they
weren't deemed 'fit' to produce genetically superior offspring. Scary
thought.

Hilter liked cats, I believe. And he was a vegetarian. So you can't
believe the stereotypes ;-)

Old March 19th 04, 08:08 PM
Kristine Kochanski

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:19:07 +0000, Gwenhwyfaer de Tierveil
wrote:

Quoth Kristine Kochanski:
Of course it's just my opinion, I don't go around removing cats from
homes that are treated in a way I find abhorrent! I find lots of
things other cat owners do quite unbearable but I have my own beliefs
and I have to live by them - and if I had to leave my cats regularly I
wouldn't have them, it's as simple as that. That's my opinion as a cat
owner and I'm entitled to express it.

OK, fair enough - and yes, you are; I just wanted to head off any
Bobbing at the pass.

In fact, I might be faced with that situation myself soon - I'm between
jobs, and I may well be in a situation where I'm away from the house 5
days a week. Obviously, should that happen, I need to find my cats
some nice new slaves... *sniffle* so I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

:-((( I'll have them!!!
Old March 19th 04, 08:45 PM
Mary

"Kristine Kochanski" wrote:

What about if the cat has kitty companions and someone looking
in on them twice a day?

I would say that's fine (again, only my opinion!) . Having

companions,
feline, canine or otherwise, and some human intervention to check up
on them is fine - leaving a solitary cat alone in a house for 24-48
hours isn't fine. What stimulation do they have? Nothing to chase,
nothing to snuggle up with, nothing to distract them. What a boring
existance that would be :-(

Well, and I think about, what if they swallow a string or get caught
in something and choke? I'll never forget the time Gnarly stuck her
head in one of those small tissue boxes. Yes, it was hilarious, and
as soon as my husband got a load of her stumbling around, I removed
it. If she had done this over a long weekend, she would have been
a wreck at the end of it, and dehydrated too.

Old March 19th 04, 08:46 PM
Mary

news

wrote:

[...]

Oooo, now you are in real trouble. We love our stereotypes of
the bad guys. I appreciate that you know how to take me, btw.

Old March 19th 04, 09:01 PM
Kristine Kochanski

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:46:22 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

"Kristine Kochanski" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:18:19 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

Nazi.

:-)

*s******* ;-)

Hilter liked cats, I believe. And he was a vegetarian. So you can't
believe the stereotypes ;-)

Oooo, now you are in real trouble. We love our stereotypes of
the bad guys. I appreciate that you know how to take me, btw.

It was the smiley at the end that gave it away ;-) If you'd said
'NAZI!' with no smiley I'd guess you meant it! Good old emoticons -
change the whole tone of a sentence with a few well-placed punctuation
marks!

Old March 19th 04, 10:08 PM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

wrote in message

Chuckle. I know some kids who would have benefitted from this.

I know some adults who still would :-(. I know I'm going to get flamed for
this, but for a certain segment of the population, I would be in favour of
some sort of mandatory birth control (though I'm not sure I would go so far
as sterilization because I always have hope that people will change).

rona

Old March 19th 04, 11:09 PM

In article ,
"Mary" wrote:

What about if the cat has kitty companions and someone looking
in on them twice a day?

Or, you could just leave the television on for them. Video catnip,
anyone?
Old March 19th 04, 11:33 PM
Tracy

"Mary" wrote in message om...

This really is a good point. Much as I love my cats I had not thought
of this. It's as though my mind stops at the worst possible outcome,
that
they might get hit on the busy street first thing. Both have collars,
but I
will have some tags made with their names and my contact info this
weekend and attach them.

Yeah! That makes me happy! I didn't really mean to start a debate
about leaving cats alone for the weekend. What I meant to point out is
that stuff does happen, even to owners with the best of intentions,
and it's so much better for a lousy $15 per cat or less, to make it
easy for neighbors, vets, shelters and animal control to do the right
thing and get that kitty back home before something bad happens to it
:

SO Angry! Kalyahna Cats - misc 122 March 20th 04 04:07 PM
Angry cat Jack Cat health & behaviour 24 December 4th 03 10:26 PM
I am so angry (vent) MaryL Cat health & behaviour 76 November 2nd 03 06:08 PM