The Cherry Bandit Rides Again

Old June 28th 04, 07:27 PM
Kreisleriana

Default The Cherry Bandit Rides Again

A summer tradition: the first yummy Bing cherries. We bring them
home, and I put them in a colander in the sink to wash them.

Not only are cherries delicious, but they are the most coveted cat
toys. They smell great, they are a perfect size and weight, and they
have-- tails!!!!!

Every summer, since Stinky came to me, it's been the same. He goes to
the sink, and **very carefully grabs one cherry by the stem, and
walks around for awhile, with the cherry dangling out of his mouth by
the stem. This is very naughty behavior, of course, but it just
cracks me up too much. I am just a lousy disciplinarian.
Eventually, he gets down to the real business-- whacking the little
projectile all over the place. Whee! It really travels, too!
Eventually, it rolls under the sofa, or a radiator. Poor Stinky,
cherry's gone.

But wait, there are still plenty more in the sink. Go back to the
sink, and repeat from **.

Epilogue:
It is a couple of weeks later, and I am cleaning, and moving
furniture, and reaching under stuff, and I rediscover the lost
little, shriveled up cherries that he poked under the furniture and
forgot about.

Theresa
Old June 28th 04, 07:31 PM
Karen

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

[...]

Cherry juice STAINS so bad!! Do they pulverize it? (Don't let them eat the
pits!)

Old June 28th 04, 07:45 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Ah yes - what fun cats have with FOOD!

But on another note - when we got a new fridge a few years ago, we found 6
(!!!!) of the pom-pom toys (I call 'em puffballs) underneath the old one
when we moved it out. They were fairly dirty, so DH washed them off in
bathroom sink, and left them on the toilet tank to dry. After a few ours, I
notice that there were only 3 up there. Of course, I asked DH if he'd
moved any of them or gave any to Tennessee - nope.

????????????????????????????????????????????----That pretty much sums up
the look on my face at that time.

THEN Tennessee comes into bathroom just as I finish my business, and up on
the toilet seat, and snags a puffball from the tank, running off to the
kitchen with it. Not sure where the other 3 wound up at, since new fridge
is lower and they won't fit under there unless by force! I looked under the
stove - nope, only fuzzy stuff under there are of the dust-bunny variety,
not puffball. More ?????????????????????????? on my face. I find one under
the sofa (not like he couldn't go under there and get it - bugger hides
under there during thunderstorms, one in one of my sneakers and another
under the dresser. I put them & ones remaining on toilet tank away so that
he HAD to retrieve the one he was playing with & not just be lazy & go get
another one.

Another funny cat-toy story: Saw Ivy (RB) plying with a twisty (the
paper/plastic coated wire twist ties used to seal bread wrappers or to bind
cords on electrical products) in the bath tub. Took twisty out of tub and
threw it down the hall. Ivy went chasing it - few seconds later here comes
Ivy, carrying twisty and hops back into tub to play with her prized toy.
Seems she discovered that they can't 'escape' from her when in the tub
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old June 29th 04, 12:31 AM
Caroline S.

How funny! I'll have to try this with Mithu. He loves to play with grapes,
possibly because they roll and bounce irregularly. I'm sure he'll appreciate
the tails on the cherries.
-Caroline S.

Old June 29th 04, 01:42 AM

Kreisleriana wrote:

It is a couple of weeks later, and I am cleaning, and moving
furniture, and reaching under stuff, and I rediscover the lost
little, shriveled up cherries that he poked under the furniture and
forgot about.

At least you didn't discover them a little sooner, when they were all
moldy and rotten!

I feel your pain - Licorice does the exact same thing. Except he does
it when I'm not looking, so disciplining him isn't even an option.

Joyce