horse spittal

Old June 29th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

Default horse spittal

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"wafflycat" wrote in message
B*gg*r.

Just spent the day at horse spittal. Vernon has snapped his achilles
tendon in his left foot and done some sort of strain of his right foot.

He is now at home with a temporary cast on his left foot and using a
'zimmer frame' to walk. Currently he is on the sofa with his feet *up*
having a much-needed snooze.

I've got to get him back to horse spittal on Tuesday morning, first
thing, to attend fracture clinic to see What Happens Next.

Purrs for you all to be doing better soon, Helen. Googled Zimmer Frame to
see what it looks like. does he have the "new" one with the computer
screen and all the bells and whistles or the basic one? It looks like an
angled version of what we call a walker out here in the sticks.

Pam S.

I asked fro one with go-faster stripes & a paint jobbie of a black
background with red flames. Alas the basic metal one was what was provided..
shame really ;-) It pretty much looks like this

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/pre...0/50313297.JPG

I would like to point out that the person in the photo is not my husband...

Old June 29th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

I know what a zimmer frame is, but it took me several minutes to figure out
"horse spittal." *I had this strange picture in my mind of a horse stretched
out on your sofa. * LOL!! *;o)

MaryL

I had a similar problem to you, Mary. Except my image was of a horse
spitting chew tabacco into a spittle jar!

Purrs for a good recovery for Vernon, Helen.

Helen M
Old June 29th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte =^. .^=`

"wafflycat"
B*gg*r.

Just spent the day at horse spittal. Vernon has snapped his achilles
tendon in his left foot and done some sort of strain of his right foot.

OUCH!!! How'd that happen???

He is now at home with a temporary cast on his left foot and using a
'zimmer frame' to walk. Currently he is on the sofa with his feet *up*
having a much-needed snooze.

My DH did 'something' to his left knee..or it did something to him..IDK
which,
Hope Vernon got some good meds for his pain.

I've got to get him back to horse spittal on Tuesday morning, first thing,
to attend fracture clinic to see What Happens Next.

B*gg*r.

Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurs for Vernon to heal quickly
and more puuuuuuuuuurs
for you having to deal with all this.
Love and hugs
Hang in there sweetie.
Kyla

Old June 29th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"wafflycat" wrote in message

I asked fro one with go-faster stripes & a paint jobbie of a black
background with red flames. Alas the basic metal one was what was
provided.. shame really ;-) It pretty much looks like this

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/pre...0/50313297.JPG

I would like to point out that the person in the photo is not my
husband...

Humm, and that is exactly how I imagined that Vernon looked like.

Pam S. laughing

Old June 29th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

aw, poor Vernon. We will purr and pray that he
starts feeling better soon. Tell Waffles to go
and keep him warm and loved.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 29th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debby Hanoka

B*gg*r.

Just spent the day at horse spittal. Vernon has snapped his achilles
tendon in his left foot and done some sort of strain of his right foot.

He is now at home with a temporary cast on his left foot and using a
'zimmer frame' to walk. Currently he is on the sofa with his feet *up*
having a much-needed snooze.

I've got to get him back to horse spittal on Tuesday morning, first thing,
to attend fracture clinic to see What Happens Next.

B*gg*r.

OMG! I'm sorry to hear Vernon got hurt, but glad to hear he is recovering
at home. Are the cats taking proper care of him?

Debby

Old June 29th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I was raised around horses and know the weird things they can do. However,
I was wondering how to got one on the couch with its feet up! Purrrs and
prayers for a speedy recovery.

Old June 30th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Ouch! Purrs for both of you.

--

Joy

If you don't have a sense of humor you probably don't have any sense at all.

Old June 30th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte =^. .^=`

Default horse spittal/walkers

"wafflycat"

I asked fro one with go-faster stripes & a paint jobbie of a black
background with red flames. Alas the basic metal one was what was
provided.. shame really ;-) It pretty much looks like this

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/pre...0/50313297.JPG

I saw that..

I would like to point out that the person in the photo is not my
husband...

LOL..the piccy I saw was a woman...right?

This is what mine looks like, IF I have the right link.
http://www.northshorecare.com/rollators1.html
I love it. Mine is red, and I added a briing briiiiing bicycle bell to the
left handle, so when/if I go out, and someone won't get out of my way, I use
the 'bell'.
The cats 'love' to ride on the seat .
Puuuuuuuuuuuuuurrs
Kyla